Odyssey Putters Thread

I can't help but wonder, what Odyssey has up their sleeves, gotta believe something is coming this winter.

I've been looking over their putters since May and still don't know which way I'd go. I like the #7CH I have been rolling, but wouldn't mind a bit more weight in the head. The milled #5 with the weight ports has my attention because I really like the shape and can beef it up a little. Who knows what options we'll have in December, all I know is they will be good ones.

What were you rolling in Branson? 1W I believe correct?

I think first you have to find that shape that fits the eye. Putters are so personal and it's easier said than done, but that is huge. I wanted to love the #7, heck I still own a #7 MXM, but I know long term the 330M/mid mallet head is what I need to stick with. It just sets up so well for me and I put so much better with it.

In terms of weight I wouldn't get too caught up bc you can always make it heavier. Whether with lead tape or tungsten weights, you can get that "feel" you need if the putter doesn't have interchangeable weights.

I just found these tungsten weights & they look a lot cleaner than lead tape IMO. Here are picture of my Big T with them on

d25206174320d621bcdb1dee80a506c5.jpg

32f992b02f22c30e3ebb29d0166529a4.jpg

I have always loved the #7 head shape, but I have a feeling I'll be going with a #1. But I want to get to a store and roll as many options as I can. A few of the grandaddy guys last year flew through their fitting but struggled to pick a putter. I have a feeling that may happen to me too

Don't sleep on the 1W head shape. Like I commented to Ryan, it will come down to personal preference and what you like to see, but if you like the traditional blade, the 1W might be what you like.

I think first you have to find that shape that fits the eye. Putters are so personal and it's easier said than done, but that is huge. I wanted to love the #7, heck I still own a #7 MXM, but I know long term the 330M/mid mallet head is what I need to stick with. It just sets up so well for me and I put so much better with it.

In terms of weight I wouldn't get too caught up bc you can always make it heavier. Whether with lead tape or tungsten weights, you can get that "feel" you need if the putter doesn't have interchangeable weights.

I just found these tungsten weights & they look a lot cleaner than lead tape IMO. Here are picture of my Big T with them on

Don't sleep on the 1W head shape. Like I commented to Ryan, it will come down to personal preference and what you like to see, but if you like the traditional blade, the 1W might be what you like.

I won't sleep on anything they have to offer. I'm going into this with a completely open mind and it's probably for the better lol

I won't sleep on anything they have to offer. I'm going into this with a completely open mind and it's probably for the better lol

Let me know if you want to try out the big-T #5 I have. At least it will give you a good idea of how the Fusion RX insert feels on course if you want.

Let me know if you want to try out the big-T #5 I have. At least it will give you a good idea of how the Fusion RX insert feels on course if you want.

I wouldn't mind giving it a roll

I can't help but wonder, what Odyssey has up their sleeves, gotta believe something is coming this winter.

I was thinking the same thing. Honestly I hope they go back to the color scheme they had with the MXM. That green and black looked so good imo and it'll look great paired with the black md3 wedges

Yeah, I had a TC 1W in Branson. I really do like that putter, but the 7CH gets it by just a bit at this point, and part of that might be the grip on the 7CH (flatso 2.0).

Finally found my dream odyssey putter.
d4f1ed6449d7870a248a5447f01ebf48.jpg
8237f1152284c9f6c0f0aeddd8f7ae98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks awesome dude

If I were into a #1 style, I'd game the heck out of that. And the Black series.

Nice pickup dude. Guessing this will be a lifer then.

That looks awesome dude

Thank you Sir, I've been waiting a long time for this putter. I actually believe I asked about it during last year's Q&A thread re: The Grandaddy Dos.

If I were into a #1 style, I'd game the heck out of that. And the Black series.

Nice pickup dude. Guessing this will be a lifer then.

Yes, this putter will never leave my possession. There is one more for sale that I'm actually contemplating purchasing just so I have a back up.

So I spent some time with as many different head shapes as possible. I figured once I have a head shape I like then I'll start worrying about what insert or mill to go with. At first I thought it would be a 1 for sure but I don't know if it was the versa pint job or the actual size of the putter head but I thought the head shape was too skinny. The 1wide was much better on the eyes and I felt more comfortable over the ball with it. So as far as head shape goes, it'll probably be either 1Wide or 7 for me

I'm thinking I'll end up with a 7. I have rolled the v line this year but the 7 is my tried and true. Excited to see what odyssey has up their sleeves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1W is a great shape. I'm firmly entrenched with my 330M/6M head shape. It suits me well and hopefully they will have removable weights, bc otherwise I'll be bringing some tungsten weights to get the putter playing to my preferred weight.

1W is a great shape. I'm firmly entrenched with my 330M/6M head shape. It suits me well and hopefully they will have removable weights, bc otherwise I'll be bringing some tungsten weights to get the putter playing to my preferred weight.
What happened to your big T #5? I'd say I'm either a 1W, #7 or #5 kind of guy.

What happened to your big T #5? I'd say I'm either a 1W, #7 or #5 kind of guy.

It's in the bag now & I consider that in the same head shape like the 330M. I should've said mid mallet

It's in the bag now & I consider that in the same head shape like the 330M. I should've said mid mallet
Gotcha. I think I need to find a tank cruiser #7, in 35". I think that might be my perfect setup. If they had that with a works insert, look out.

I'm planning on heading to the local Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy this Saturday to start rolling some Odyssey putters. Want to find something that suits my eye. I may just spend the whole time rolling putts (well, maybe a few Bertha swings too).

I can't say enough about my 6M. My lady is a blade only player but I eventually won her over with my 6M so she ended up picking up a 330 x milled on cpo for 150 "like new." These two putters are just fantastic. Stoked to see what Odyssey comes out with this year as well.

Took advantage of huge CPO (callawaygolfpreowned.com) sale and finally snagged a MXM #1 for a great price.

I've got putter wars going on at my place now...

-MXM #1
-Scotty Select Newport
-SeeMore CSone
-Cure RXi on the way from trade as well...

Things are gonna get interesting. I played yesterday and brought both the MXM & the Scotty. MXM for an early lead...

Lots of putter talk for my Grandaddy guys, love that.

I really want a CS model available, if that means it the vline big t then I'm a ok with it. But I bet there's new hotness coming out.

I've always been a #1 kind of guy but excited to try a #7.

Lots of putter talk for my Grandaddy guys, love that.

I really want a CS model available, if that means it the vline big t then I'm a ok with it. But I bet there's new hotness coming out.

I second this...I know they are not big sellers for them, but the lack of a CS or 1/2 shaft offset in the Works lines just made me tune out immediately. Probably for the best with the 5 putters I still do have, but I hope they throw us a better bone than the Vline Big T soon.

Back