Bridgestone signs Lexi Thompson to ball contract

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
Good signing, can't hurt. Unsure how much female golfers drive sales given the percentage of lady golfers in general.

Glad to see they came to their senses and offered her a deal.

Probably a pretty smart signing. Of the LPGA players here and Michelle Wie are probably the most visible. Surprised Bridgestone doesn't try to sign more Ping/Cobra staffers as they aren't tied in to ball manufacturers.

Lexi is a solid name in the women’s golf world. Good for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is pretty awesome and one that was a no brainer. She’s one of the top faces of the LPGA right now and offers visibility when she tees it up.

My daughters are 6 & 8, they like watching her play and pay attention to what she’s wearing and playing.

I like it. She's been playing the ball for a while and by making it official she gets $$ and they get another athlete they can use to advertise.

Certainly can't hurt Bridgestone by having a top female golfer of their tour roster.

It's about time. Lexi is a top name on the LPGA, and it's not like they can't make back in advertising with her, what they probably are paying her.

Good signing for Bridgestone to have a top player on the LPGA. Based on what I read yesterday, Bridgestone's results in 2017 were on the rise and this won't hurt.

Good move to lock her up, I enjoy watching her play and hopefully she wins a major or two this year.

Good signing.

Love it! I'm impressed that she played it for so long unsigned, but that's kind of dumb on Bridgestones part. I'm glad they signed someone who plays regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can't go wrong with this signing! She's only going to get better!

Good signing for Bridgestone.

Lead me to a question, with a company like Cobra and others that make clubs wouldn't this signing maybe inspire them to work on a ball for their players? So they would be totally on board with one company rather than mulitple.

This is a good deal for both involved IMO. She's the next big thing in American golf and the one that can continue to move the needle for womens golf and gettign more fans there.

Good signing for Bridgestone.

Lead me to a question, with a company like Cobra and others that make clubs wouldn't this signing maybe inspire them to work on a ball for their players? So they would be totally on board with one company rather than mulitple.

We talked with Mike Yeagley about this at LIITA and for them it's not worth it to try and jump in that market. The cost of everything to get a very small piece of that market share doesn't make sense.

We talked with Mike Yeagley about this at LIITA and for them it's not worth it to try and jump in that market. The cost of everything to get a very small piece of that market share doesn't make sense.

Hmm that was kind of what I figured but it makes total sense. I guess with the Cobra branding on the bag, clubs, and apparel they are getting the exposure that they need.

About time they did this. Always fun to watch Lexi crush the ball.

Back