Biggest turnoff when talking golf?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Title says it all. What's the biggest turnoff for you when it comes to talking golf that keeps you out of mite conversations?

I have two.

1) The idea that questioning marketing claims = hating.
2) Using the OEM's own brochure to defend their product.

When people you just meet tell you they do not like your clubs.

The "how much did it cost?" It shouldn't matter, you didn't pay for it, I did.

• Staff
I forgot to answer.

Condescending attitude purely because someone has a different opinion.

But, Its also my turn off for society right now.

I forgot to answer.

Condescending attitude purely because someone has a different opinion.

But, Its also my turn off for society right now.

Boom 100 percent true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being judged for what’s in my golf bag.

• Staff
Being judged for what’s in my golf bag.
It's good for me when taking money from the old members at the course who laugh at my 12 driver though. Hahaha

The use of the word 'knockdown' in a golf conversation makes me cringe.

"Yeah, on the 13th hole today, I had 160 to the flag. I hit a little knockdown 7 iron to about 15 feet."

Dude... I was there. You hit a 7 iron as hard and high as you could with a swing that almost spun you around afterwards.

Just something about that term that bothers me in a conversation. Makes me feel like they're trying too hard to sound like a player.

Shaft, spin numbers, launch angle, all that tech stuff just kills me and I have nothing to talk about. Mostly because I feel it is over my head

Shaft, spin numbers, launch angle, all that tech stuff just kills me and I have nothing to talk about. Mostly because I feel it is over my head
Just jump in and do you!

Mine is the absolute blind following some people have with some or all OEM’s. For example, someone with a company says something as fact so people just go with it.

It’s amusing when two companies say things that are incompatible and some of those same followers don’t know how to respond.

I'll add, those who are contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

I have a mental block when it comes to shaft talk. Would like to understand it better, but at this point, kickpoint torque launch all sounds like a parent talking on the old Peanuts shows.

Mine is the absolute blind following some people have with some or all OEM’s. For example, someone with a company says something as fact so people just go with it.

It’s amusing when two companies say things that are incompatible and some of those same followers don’t know how to respond.

Beat me to it.

I'll add, those who are contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

I’ve been called that before, hence why I just stay away anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have two.

1) The idea that questioning marketing claims = hating.
2) Using the OEM's own brochure to defend their product.

Circular logic for the win.... seconded

The know-it-all personality. I'm all for absorbing another's shared knowledge but when it's from an all-knowing personality, I mentally check out.

If Arnie could be perpetually humble, everyone should.

The stubborn person who thinks they know it all and their opinion is the only correct one. Not being open-minded at all drives me crazy.

the dreaded strong lofts conversation

People that just want to talk and won’t listen. They don’t even hear you, they are just preparing their next comment in their head.

The know it all that has nothing but the Golf Digest gold medal list memorized and believes that to be gospel.

I personally used to be the guy that said "(insert oem) or Noone." Now? I can't stand that guy and get annoyed if people think that about me.
I also don't understand the people who know what the "tech" is but couldn't tell you why or how it does it. I'm not a techy guy and I like to now the why more than anything else. Otherwise it's just new tech for the sake of being new tech.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Brand snobs. No one brand is perfect, and certainly not perfect for everyone. So if you’re drinking the Kool Ade for (insert brand here) that’s fine. But you don’t need to act so superior. Unless they are paying YOU to play their clubs you’re just a customer.

Acute homerism

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back