What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I experienced #UpAndDown with a great group of THPers. Tomorrow will be fun for sure

Played a fast 18 with our club pro. He's a young guy who hits the ball a mile; very good player. Good to watch his course management and get a benchmark for my game. He didn't mince words with his feedback on my game: "The way you hit the ball you should be shooting 72, but frankly your short game sucks." OK, that's quite clear. My own impression is very different and my first reaction was no way. But the more I think about it, he's right. And "sucks" is probably the right word to describe my short game. I know where to put more practice effort.

Quick range session, cleaned up the sticks a bit, and set up a fitting at Gregg Rogers Performance Center in Bellevue (pending confirmation).

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Marked some balls and turned my driver up to 11.

Bought some lead tape and weighted my putter and Heaven wood. Hoping to get some time in before playing Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good range session. Hit the Titleist 913h 19* hybrid recently purchased from Ironcondor. Great addition to the bag! Thanks Ironcondor. Worked on tempo, keeping the swing smooth and easy. Solid contact up and down the bag.

Had a club fitting at Bayonet and Black Horse this morning. We focused on dialing in the woods, but ultimately didn't change anything. My swing felt good for the most part throughout so I was pleased.

Hit a bucket of balls at the range and really got a lot done. Starting to chunk the ball less and less and hit the ball further and further with my irons. Also trying to slow down with the driver and hit the face square on impact. Hard, but very rewarding.

Played a round on the simulator in the morning with my dad and brother. Followed along the #UpandDown live thread.

Round in BC with ArmyGolf and TMgulby!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Played 9 until dark last night with Maddog. He played some damn good golf and shot 1 over par. I think I was 2 or 3 over but I had a lot of fun. Never gets old teeing it up with my old man and just having a relaxing round talking golf and life. Even if he wore jeans.

a589cfe6b5a7aa570b5de63f226eb8ff.jpg
not just jeans....carpenter jeans....lol...next time I may break out "skinny" jeans...lol

Played 18 with the usual group, stopped by Golf Galaxy and spent some time hitting the Ping i and Apex CF16. Now catching up on some THP.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Played 9 with Amanda. She ended up playing from my drives most of the day. Shot 3 over 39 from the tips at the new home course on the front. Pleased considering the colder windy conditions. Still going to take a lot of practice rounds to get used to the greens here. Much faster and subtle breaks than I'm used to.

Played 18 with Msh and Rambler. Twas a chilly one!!

Went and tried my new driver against the bio cell.

Another 18 with Dhartmann and MSH. Fantastic fall weather today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played about 14 holes today before calling it quits. A little sore from the workout yesterday, I was able to warm up and was playing well until I ran into a couple of really slow groups. Took me 30 minutes to play the first four holes - took me 40 minutes to play the next two. Tightened back up during the wait and couldn't get loose again. Still great to be outside.

Walked 18

Perused THP and did some practice swings in my living room

Hit clubs at Golfsmith for over an hour. I was mainly hitting hybrids to figure out what I wanted at the 5H spot. I basically need a distance gap to fill, so am looking for something pretty specific instead of a club that goes the furthest. More of an iron replacement. I also hit a few drivers just to try them out and see how they felt. Finally, I hit the new Heavenwood against my V-series to see what differences there were. Essentially, the new HW is longer, about 8-12 years on average. It is also slightly more forgiving on mis-hits, so I will get one at some point.

As for hybrids, the G30 and XR Pro stood out. While the XR Pro does not have a 5, the 4H may work in that spot anyways. That club is a lot more forgiving than it looks. But the G30 was fairly easy to hit as well. I'm not doing anything until the Apex comes out, but I'm realizing it's a vital club in my set up so want to make sure I make the right pick.

large bucket of balls hitting gap wedges, 6i, fw, and d. hit my stride with 6i and fw, but hit gap wedges fat and couldn't carry my driver as far as I was carrying 4w. then practiced putt with the new grip and again had success.

Hit clubs at Golfsmith for over an hour. I was mainly hitting hybrids to figure out what I wanted at the 5H spot. I basically need a distance gap to fill, so am looking for something pretty specific instead of a club that goes the furthest. More of an iron replacement. I also hit a few drivers just to try them out and see how they felt. Finally, I hit the new Heavenwood against my V-series to see what differences there were. Essentially, the new HW is longer, about 8-12 years on average. It is also slightly more forgiving on mis-hits, so I will get one at some point.

As for hybrids, the G30 and XR Pro stood out. While the XR Pro does not have a 5, the 4H may work in that spot anyways. That club is a lot more forgiving than it looks. But the G30 was fairly easy to hit as well. I'm not doing anything until the Apex comes out, but I'm realizing it's a vital club in my set up so want to make sure I make the right pick.
I looked at those two hybrids as well yesterday. Resisted the impulse buy.

Could have used the XR 4 or 5 a few times today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back