KBS TGI Tour Graphite Iron Shafts

Michael Vrska with a pretty good description in the video in the first post about the baseline. If you have not watched it, he does a good job with the description.

I did, Mr Vrska was a great addition to the THP team, he is very good

As a strict graphite user until the end of my playing days, I am certainly intrigued by these. The awesome appearance of these is a definite added bonus.

Bump, because, I'm curious about that picture up there....

I did a bit of research and only available in .370 so far, hope they do a tapered version down the road.

So if I’m understanding that correctly

80g is stiff
70 is R+
60 is R
50 S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there.

Happy. Very Happy.

And New Level got them to D4-D5 as I requested. Excited to say the least, hitting them across the property the last evening and a half I've seen a beautiful high flight but with ample distance. Eager to hit these to compare to my time reviewing the 70's, particularly in the long irons.

DSC_0020-XL.jpg

I've hit the 110's for a round and a bunch of golf balls across my acreage now.

Its that same kind of smooth and energetic transfer I got from the 70's I reviewed, but in a way more comfortable weight for me. Additionally, these have thus far held up to my SS much better. The 70's are very good shafts, but were not a good fit for me.

Flight has been hitting that 30 yard peak range which is always my goal, and as mentioned in the New Level 902 thread spin for the 9i was in that 8,000+ range that I actually NEED to see.

Ready to get back on course and range to focus on the long irons in particular, because that's where much struggle for me with the 70's keeping up happened in review.

I might be talking to myself on these, but don't worry, I'll keep talking. Haha

Going to get on the GC2 with these tomorrow some more, interested to see the long iron numbers the most.

I would love to try these against my 780s. I came from Kbs tour 90's and my new shafts launch abit higher.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

I would love to try these against my 780s. I came from Kbs tour 90's and my new shafts launch abit higher.

I will be getting the TGI 80 in my New Level 610 irons and will be able to give a comparison to the 780 ES SmacWrap shafts I have in my Hogan PTx irons. I am thinking the KBS will be a little lower launching and may feel a touch stiffer due to the reduced torque. Kind of anticipating a little lighter version on the Recoil 95 I played for about 3.5 years. Excited to give them a try.

I will be getting the TGI 80 in my New Level 610 irons and will be able to give a comparison to the 780 ES SmacWrap shafts I have in my Hogan PTx irons. I am thinking the KBS will be a little lower launching and may feel a touch stiffer due to the reduced torque. Kind of anticipating a little lighter version on the Recoil 95 I played for about 3.5 years. Excited to give them a try.
I'll be waiting to hear your thoughts I have the 95s in my wedges.

I'll be waiting to hear your thoughts I have the 95s in my wedges.

Hope to get them next week. I am also playing the 95s in my current wedges but have a couple of Hogan Equalizers coming with the 780s. That is the only Recoil they offer. I do have the equipment and ability to pull and move if need be.

Any thoughts as of yet?
I’m thinking of replacing my NS 950GH Shafts in my Rogue X irons. Too hard on my hands and Elbows.
Debating reshafting with either the TGI 80’s or 780 ES SmacWraps.

Any thoughts as of yet?
I’m thinking of replacing my NS 950GH Shafts in my Rogue X irons. Too hard on my hands and Elbows.
Debating reshafting with either the TGI 80’s or 780 ES SmacWraps.
To me, they feel very similar to the 780 ES. I would venture to say the KBS give a slightly lower ball flight but the shafts are in different iron heads so it's not a apples to apples comparison. Just going by the clubs with the same, or 1 degree different, lofts.

good to see these getting a little more coverage, hope some updates form Jman and others come along.

Sorry for the delay all. Been hopping around a few sets and shaft setups and keep coming back to the New Level 902 Forged paired with the TGI 110's.

I'm a fan. But, I was also a fan of the 70's I reviewed for the mostpart (check out the homepage!!!!) other than I simply overpowered them with anything than the most deliberate of swings. Plus, the long irons there were a dispersion nightmare for me. That isn't the case here, none of that is the case.

The 110 are right in my preferred weight class for irons and because of that there is instantly more comfort. Additionally, Eric at New Level was able to hit my D4-D5 request with these and that is a big boon for me and what I want in my iron setup. Head obviously matters in the grand scheme of things, but I'm hitting my spin numbers with the irons right were I want to, as a lower spin and lower launch player I play better with a higher spinning ("players") style iron set, which the 902 fit pretty similarly to the MP18's I gamed and tested the TGI 70's in. Hitting 8600 RPM in the 9i and descending about 700-800 per iron through the set which means I get the action into greens I want letting me play aggressively. Combine that with good launch, and I'm a happy camper.

I'm excited that a TON of THP'ers will have the chance to try these next week at Bay Hill and Grand Cypress because they're hard to explain. The feel is all KBS, but even with the mid-high launch profile they have a stability across the shaft that makes you believe you can still rope one when you need to, and for me, I can.

Hopefully we will see an influx of thoughts in here during and after next week, because I believe they're going to surprise.

Very curious about these, the only KBS I really got along with were C Tapers and this old dude cannot handle them anymore but in graphite and 110 weight these are interesting.

Are the constant weight or is the 110 uncut weight James?

Sorry for the delay all. Been hopping around a few sets and shaft setups and keep coming back to the New Level 902 Forged paired with the TGI 110's.

I'm a fan. But, I was also a fan of the 70's I reviewed for the mostpart (check out the homepage!!!!) other than I simply overpowered them with anything than the most deliberate of swings. Plus, the long irons there were a dispersion nightmare for me. That isn't the case here, none of that is the case.

The 110 are right in my preferred weight class for irons and because of that there is instantly more comfort. Additionally, Eric at New Level was able to hit my D4-D5 request with these and that is a big boon for me and what I want in my iron setup. Head obviously matters in the grand scheme of things, but I'm hitting my spin numbers with the irons right were I want to, as a lower spin and lower launch player I play better with a higher spinning ("players") style iron set, which the 902 fit pretty similarly to the MP18's I gamed and tested the TGI 70's in. Hitting 8600 RPM in the 9i and descending about 700-800 per iron through the set which means I get the action into greens I want letting me play aggressively. Combine that with good launch, and I'm a happy camper.

I'm excited that a TON of THP'ers will have the chance to try these next week at Bay Hill and Grand Cypress because they're hard to explain. The feel is all KBS, but even with the mid-high launch profile they have a stability across the shaft that makes you believe you can still rope one when you need to, and for me, I can.

Hopefully we will see an influx of thoughts in here during and after next week, because I believe they're going to surprise.

Very curious about these, the only KBS I really got along with were C Tapers and this old dude cannot handle them anymore but in graphite and 110 weight these are interesting.

Are the constant weight or is the 110 uncut weight James?
It's uncut weight.

Looking forward to your thoughts hitting mine, on these and on the New Level irons.

They are beautiful clubs and if there is time I sure will take a few cuts, but I have come to the realization I need something like the cup face in the Rogue pros to do any damage anymore.

My 2 months with the X forged and MB's was fun but I like hitting 140-150 yard 9 irons....not 120 like I got with the MB's sure they were lasers but just not practical for me.

It's uncut weight.

Looking forward to your thoughts hitting mine, on these and on the New Level irons.

James, would you say that these play stuff to flex in the vein of the hybrid shafts? I am usually fit into KBS stiff and I was amazed at how stout the hybrid 85S felt when I swung arydolphins.

James, would you say that these play stuff to flex in the vein of the hybrid shafts? I am usually fit into KBS stiff and I was amazed at how stout the hybrid 85S felt when I swung arydolphins.
That's something I expected entering the 70's review based on feedback for the hybrid, but didn't see, so I assumed this would be similar given the 110 is just listed as 95+ mph (I'm at 110) but they're much more stout. They hold up great to my swing, but I wouldn't call them overly stiff to flex.

Quoted because this was a great post, and the thread needed a bump. Good stuff in here.

54B4238E-3E18-4971-88CB-9924AE6A6C31.jpeg

That looks like a fun combo to try.

I would love to compare these to the Recoils I game now. My last set had Kbs tours 90s which i loved but the benefits of graphite for me are immense.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back