KBS TGI Tour Graphite Iron Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
KBS is expanding it's graphite collection by adding a new graphite iron shaft called TGI Tour. Designed with the same E.I. curve as their very popular KBS Tour.

While at the PGA Show we got a run down of the new shafts and here is Michael Vrska to give you the details.

Looks like a solid offering from KBS. Keeping the bend profiles similar to the steel lines should help people looking to transition to graphite feel a little more at ease.

Sounds like a good move, appears more shaft manufacturers are moving into graphite for irons, my guess is the aging demographics of golfers who can afford these premium offerings. As a graphite user in my irons, always welcome the competition, leads to better product to stay on top. Thanks for posting, good concise video.

The very interesting part to me is how the profile is meant to be similar to the KBS Tour, which isn't known as an extremely high launching shaft, while coming in at such light weights. Good quick tech piece by Vrska.

• Admin
The very interesting part to me is how the profile is meant to be similar to the KBS Tour, which isn't known as an extremely high launching shaft, while coming in at such light weights. Good quick tech piece by Vrska.

That is the beautiful thing of composite materials. Weight does not necessarily impact profile.

Very intriguing offering that I would certainly love to try one day. Being pretty much relegated to nothing bu graphite for the rest of my golfing life, I am always looking for new and better fitting options.

It's interesting that the highest weight on these is 85, given there are heavier graphite shafts out there like the Recoils - is is that they think there's less of an advantage of graphite at the higher end, and folks are better served by the steel shafts?

• Admin
It's interesting that the highest weight on these is 85, given there are heavier graphite shafts out there like the Recoils - is is that they think there's less of an advantage of graphite at the higher end, and folks are better served by the steel shafts?

Im not sure honestly. I think that they were able to achieve a profile while remaining lighter weight, which could in fact help some golfers.

Im not sure honestly. I think that they were able to achieve a profile while remaining lighter weight, which could in fact help some golfers.

That makes sense to me - I've been pretty surprised with how controllable the 65g shafts in the Honmas are now that I've gotten used to them - and that's not a weight I would have ever considered playing. I do think I prefer a little bit more weight in terms of getting synced up right from the start, but I'm not sure I need to go up to that 110-120g range that I've been living in for the past few years.

I'd really like to give these a shot sometime, since I love the KBS profile.

That makes sense to me - I've been pretty surprised with how controllable the 65g shafts in the Honmas are now that I've gotten used to them - and that's not a weight I would have ever considered playing. I do think I prefer a little bit more weight in terms of getting synced up right from the start, but I'm not sure I need to go up to that 110-120g range that I've been living in for the past few years.

I'd really like to give these a shot sometime, since I love the KBS profile.

Do you think its the weight or the profile that might be throwing you off? One of the issues a lot of times is profile, which people equate to weight, because in steel there are parallels. While graphite can have parallels, they don't necessarily have to. If that makes sense.

Sounds like another great addition to the already awesome KBS line.

Do you think its the weight or the profile that might be throwing you off? One of the issues a lot of times is profile, which people equate to weight, because in steel there are parallels. While graphite can have parallels, they don't necessarily have to. If that makes sense.

Honestly I'm not so sure - it's something I'll pay attention to when I go hit balls next week. My guess is I'm just going out and swinging too hard rather than getting my tempo. It would actually be an interesting comparison with something shafted with these, since I know that the KBS profile is just about perfect for me. Once I do settle in, I do love the feel of the lightweight shafts though - it almost feels effortless and some of the shoulder issues I've had over the years don't crop up at all. The cool thing about these materials is that the shaft definitely feels like it's as stiff as some steel shafts as I've played, just in a lighter package.

Now I think I'm currently in the process of talking myself into buying a set of these.

Honestly I'm not so sure - it's something I'll pay attention to when I go hit balls next week. My guess is I'm just going out and swinging too hard rather than getting my tempo. It would actually be an interesting comparison with something shafted with these, since I know that the KBS profile is just about perfect for me. Once I do settle in, I do love the feel of the lightweight shafts though - it almost feels effortless and some of the shoulder issues I've had over the years don't crop up at all. The cool thing about these materials is that the shaft definitely feels like it's as stiff as some steel shafts as I've played, just in a lighter package.

Now I think I'm currently in the process of talking myself into buying a set of these.

Haha. I was doing that recently myself.

I like the idea of a light weight graphite iron shaft the doesn't focus on high launch.

Any idea if these will be offered in the major OEM's fitting carts?

I like the idea of a light weight graphite iron shaft the doesn't focus on high launch.

Any idea if these will be offered in the major OEM's fitting carts?

I do not know as of yet, but my gut feeling is yes in due time.

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, that looked to be the same brushed metal look at the steel C-Taper Lites. Love the look of those!!

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, that looked to be the same brushed metal look at the steel C-Taper Lites. Love the look of those!!

We saw a few colors like black and silver and they all looked pretty darn good.

We saw a few colors like black and silver and they all looked pretty darn good.
Black would be badass.

Moving to Recoils the season, I will miss the look of my C Taper lites.....

5c6a4c21e76c32ccca881c21fe3cfe29.jpg

i'm not sure anybody does black shafts as well as kbs. they just so look so MEAN. their white shafts look awesome too, though.

that didn't come out right...

Might be my next shaft change, they look great and I like that weight range.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

After hitting the Zelos 6's at their lightweight, these have now become IMMEDIATELY intriguing to me.

they look good, if they are like any other KBS shaft I ahve tried, they'll feel great and perform just as well

they look good, if they are like any other KBS shaft I ahve tried, they'll feel great and perform just as well

Michael Vrska with a pretty good description in the video in the first post about the baseline. If you have not watched it, he does a good job with the description.

Back