How far does the average golfer hit the ball?

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
How far does the average golfer hit the ball?

DWBAmfJWAAAZOE0.jpg:large

Ive seen that before somewhere, naturally everyone on the Internet is way longer than average :)

I think that is a good average for me now with the occasional long one of 250+ and crappla of 200 thrown in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How does that work in you lie between two categories? Age does not correlate to handicap & vice versa. So you take the average between the two?

Soo I just have to get better and younger to hit the ball farther......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I missing something here? :confused2:

is this total or carry?

seems about right in my experience with people i have played with. my best drives are a little farther than that, but my average drive including misses seems to fall in there.

Everyone on the Internet counts the top 10% of their drives as their average so I would say these numbers are pretty accurate.

Who exactly are they using to collect this data? With a DRIVER? They have to be beginners. How can we take this chart seriously when almost every golfer on the internet is getting 250 yards with a 5 or Heavenwood? Don't even want to talk about those who aren't getting 300 off the tee and 275 from the deck with their 3 woods. We know this isn't even good enough, because those people will also spend another $250 on a shaft so they can optimize their launch. Then they repeat this 2-3 times a year with a different fairway wood which they know, thru their testing, increased their ball speed 0.6 mph and gave them a 2 foot higher apex.

Seems about right when you count the occasional 180 yd dropkick

is this total or carry?

seems about right in my experience with people i have played with. my best drives are a little farther than that, but my average drive including misses seems to fall in there.

total, GameGolf averaged the data from their users' rounds

I definitely hit it 30 yards shorter than I tell people I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's always tough for me to get an accurate measure because of the red, white and yellow stakes

The stats seem about right for me with my HDCP of 19 and age of 68 years old as outlined in red. Add my HDCP to my age you you come up with a normal score for me for 18 holes of golf

DWChDIeXkAACLR2.jpg:large

Not as far as they think. I can't remember the last time I played with 3 strangers and any of them hit it past me and I am not even that long.

I will say this the sub 10 guys I golf with hit in those numbers, maybe a tad less, its all about the second shot that makes them a sub ten and me a 17.

I guess I'm pretty average based on my handicap but a bit short for my age in comparison. Once I get consistent on drives this Spring I'm hoping a bit more distance comes with it.

Looks like I am about average for my handicap range but am about 20 yards longer than my age range.

According to the chart; I am long for both my handicap and my age. That would seem to indicate that I am better than I actually am. That has been my suspicion all along; I've just never had the numbers to back it up.

Back