Ideas for 21st birthday gift?

cpljohnst

Go Jackets! Go Sun Devils
Reaction score
Handicap
16.0 GHIN
My son turns 21 in about 5 weeks. I need some ideas, especially from some of you younger guys, on what would make a good birthday gift other than booze (already planning on buying that).

He's a senior in college and will graduate December 2016.

I've got a couple of ideas already, so let me know what you think of these and throw out some other ideas too:

monogrammed Yeti tumbler
monogrammed flask
Carry on luggage piece
leather bound portfolio for interviews, etc

However much you planned on spending, put that into a savings account. Tell him it's a start and he will understand in a few years.

How about a nicely framed photo of him with you and your family. Not necessarily a studio sitting, just a regular picture. That's something he will absolutely cherish later in life.

Not sure what he's looking to do after school but a nice bag to take to work would be nice. I like the luggage idea as well

How bout a nice trip somewhere with Dad? My dad did that a few times in my 20's for certain events in my life and I'll always remember that.

Not sure what he's looking to do after school but a nice bag to take to work would be nice. I like the luggage idea as well

He's a computer science major at Georgia Tech. Figure he can use either the luggage or portfolio for interviewing. I'm torn on the luggage. I know it will be something he can use but might wait and use that as a graduation gift next year.

What's his major in school? The yeti tumblers are awesome. Maybe get one of the yeti tumblers with his favorite schools logo on it.

He's a computer science major at Georgia Tech. Figure he can use either the luggage or portfolio for interviewing. I'm torn on the luggage. I know it will be something he can use but might wait and use that as a graduation gift next year.

Ah - so a nice laptop bag could be a good choice. But that also could be a better grad gift.

How bout a nice trip somewhere with Dad? My dad did that a few times in my 20's for certain events in my life and I'll always remember that.

We are doing a Father/son trip on Dec. 12th for 5 nights. Heading to Dublin, Ireland. Really looking forward to it. Going to spend our time in the pubs with a little sight seeing thrown in. Can't talk him into playing golf though. I've tried and he says since he hasn't played in a year his play would be too bad. I'm still working on trying to talk him into it.

We are doing a Father/son trip on Dec. 12th for 5 nights. Heading to Dublin, Ireland. Really looking forward to it. Going to spend our time in the pubs with a little sight seeing thrown in. Can't talk him into playing golf though. I've tried and he says since he hasn't played in a year his play would be too bad. I'm still working on trying to talk him into it.

Perfect!

If you are going on a trip like that does he have a nice camera?

My 18 year old son loves his Mophie Juice pack. If he's into Xbox gaming, Halo 5 is another gift option.

mophie_iphone6_01.jpg

A nice watch with his initials and birth date engraved on the back and "Love Dad" or "Love Mom and Dad".

If you know the type of watch he likes and what your budget is, I'm sure you can find something he will cherish forever.

A nice monogrammed leather carry on would be nice. He's 21 now and trip to Vegas will probably happen soon so he might as well go in style.

Back