Products That Are DOA

I'll throw one out there, but its mainly because I can't find anything on them anywhere:

Cleveland CG Black and Cleveland CG Black CB Irons.

The switch to Srixon being the main iron offering from Cleveland/Srixon seems to have rendered the Black/Black CB almost completely unfindable.

I'd say the same for the new Black woods. I actually really like the look of them, but I've never really thought about swinging one and I haven't heard of a single person playing them.

I find it interesting that Rickie Fowler is so popular but Cobra products will don't sell.

Cobra gear doesn't sell. Kind of been that way for a while now.

IMO, color in clothes is good, but when it comes to clubs, most cobra stuff looks lieka cheap kid's toy, but maybe that's just me.

It'll be a shame if the KING line falls flat, every single one of those clubs that I've hit stacks up favorably against everything on the market.

I don't think it will just for the fact that KING is easy to remember when you see it on his hat and his bag. They finally got the name right when it comes to one of their product lines IMO and this one should stick out

I think they sell enough apparel to off set it though.

I really do not understand why they dont sell a lot of clubs though, they always seem to perform well.

Cobra gear doesn't sell. Kind of been that way for a while now.

I don't think it will just for the fact that KING is easy to remember when you see it on his hat and his bag. They finally got the name right when it comes to one of their product lines IMO and this one should stick out

and they made a great move IMO by going back to a single color. it is one step towards getting some credibility back.

I think they sell enough apparel to off set it though.

I really do not understand why they dont sell a lot of clubs though, they always seem to perform well.

they didn't sell when they were under Acushnet either before Puma bought them. They have really good minds there, but there is a disconnect.

and they made a great move IMO by going back to a single color. it is one step towards getting some credibility back.

on that line at least:alien:

Something I have not seen mentioned, but Nike metal woods fits this bill. I've seen many of the irons in bags of friends, but never a driver or hybrid. I bag the driver, but have only seen 1 on the course outside of THP during it's current model year.

The more I read this thread and think about it, I wonder if DOA isn't really the same thing as Initial release and marketing buzz wear off. In a day and age where just about every OEM has multiple product releases a year, it's natural to have the latest and greatest push the previous release into the background.

Do you think a lot of it has to do with marketing? When you walk into a Golfsmith & I assume other golf stores....Callaway is front a center with their products. I think a lot of golfers just go with what the stores are pushing.

I find it interesting that Rickie Fowler is so popular but Cobra products will don't sell.

I hear you. At the event with Cobra this spring I was really impressed by the FlyZ line of clubs, and even more impressed by the leadership they sent to represent their company. They seem to be doing all the right things, I'm just not seeing that translate into bagged clubs. I don't know if they're DOA necessarily, but they aren't selling as many clubs as I thought they would.

I think a good DOA candidate is the Bridgestone putter line. Great design (IMO), interesting concept, quality product. I haven't seen any on tour or out on the courses I play. They did some pretty heavy marketing on it compared to their other clubs, but again it didn't seem to turn into sales.

At one point this year I shot my PB with a RZN Red :D
I thought the Red was a great ball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The more I read this thread and think about it, I wonder if DOA isn't really the same thing as Initial release and marketing buzz wear off. In a day and age where just about every OEM has multiple product releases a year, it's natural to have the latest and greatest push the previous release into the background.

DOA means, to me, despite a big initial push, the clubs simply don't go anywhere. The X2Hot irons are the best example for me. They came out with the rest of the generally well-regarded X2Hot line, had all the same amount of press, but just didn't go anywhere, especially compared to the woods and hybrids from the same line. The JetSpeed had a lot of marketing behind it, but just didn't move. I know it happened to come about right as TM was running into other problems and their management errors came home to roost, but there was a a real effort to generate hype for the JetSpeed that simply went nowhere.

It's tough to put Cobra into the same boat simply because I don't see them really make a push for their products, especially not in conventional advertising circles. They release products, they get well-received, but there's not a lot of hype behind them, so it's tough to call them DOA. Cleveland has kinda given up on pushing their non-short game clubs, so it's tough to say their clubs are DOA so much as simply released with a whimper. To me, in order to be DOA, a club has to be released with a fair amount of advertising/hype/push behind it, but still fails to actually get going at the cash register.

I thought the Red was a great ball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It's not my favorite, but it's one that I don't mind at all even though a lot of people hate them haha.

The Cleveland square back was DOA for me

The Cleveland square back was DOA for me

It just didn't really take off, which was a bummer. Oddly enough, the little Cleveland stubby putter I freakin love but really couldn't see myself ever game.

It just didn't really take off, which was a bummer. Oddly enough, the little Cleveland stubby putter I freakin love but really couldn't see myself ever game.

There was just so much hype about it and then boom nothing

There was just so much hype about it and then boom nothing

I really hope the 2135 takes off. Although if it doesn't, that means I could score one for cheap. Kinda torn now that I think about it

Cure putters and the XR driver come to mind. It seems like Cure never really kept traction and the XR just flat out got overshadowed by other products. Oh, and the Big Bertha hyrons.

The XR driver not so much....

Dax

I really hope the 2135 takes off. Although if it doesn't, that means I could score one for cheap. Kinda torn now that I think about it

It's different, aka it probably won't take off unfortunately.

I think that the Big Bertha Hybrids faded out too quick, great hybrid (adjustable to boot). I game one, but never really heard a big buzz about them, and it's a shame, bc I think they are great clubs.

Dax

I putted with the Stubby out for the #UpAndDown. I couldn't believe how much more focused I became with my putting stroke. Talking to Adam he mentioned that it was originally thought as a training aide, but it took off and became its own putter. Pretty crazy concept, but I'll be damn if I wasn't putting better with it

I putted with the Stubby out for the #UpAndDown. I couldn't believe how much more focused I became with my putting stroke. Talking to Adam he mentioned that it was originally thought as a training aide, but it took off and became its own putter. Pretty crazy concept, but I'll be damn if I wasn't putting better with it

I felt the same way. I was dumbfounded with how well I putted with it but I just couldn't commit to making it a full time putter.

Back