That is brutal Ski.

The outlook for Friday looks good here.

Apparently according to the weather service, this is the slowest winter for snowfall here since 1978. YIKES

So got 30+cm here last night. City is basically shut down until noon. Problem is another 20-30 on the way starting Thursday into Friday, meaning no trip.....for once I'm hoping the forecast is wrong.

So got 30+cm here last night. City is basically shut down until noon. Problem is another 20-30 on the way starting Thursday into Friday, meaning no trip.....for once I'm hoping the forecast is wrong.
I am so jealous right now haha. That's awesome Ghost, I hope you can make it up to shred

I am so jealous right now haha. That's awesome Ghost, I hope you can make it up to shred

I hope so. If the storm hits Thursday though there's no way I'm driving 2 hours through that haha.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Went skiing up in Stowe yesterday. Cold to the point we were only able to get about 6 runs in, but snow has been falling so the conditions were great. And that was the best of the three days we were here - wind chill warnings Friday and today.

Stowe's awesome, way too cold to be out there today. Can you get a day off the week after next (post school break) to get out?

Went skiing up in Stowe yesterday. Cold to the point we were only able to get about 6 runs in, but snow has been falling so the conditions were great. And that was the best of the three days we were here - wind chill warnings Friday and today.

Stowe's awesome, way too cold to be out there today. Can you get a day off the week after next (post school break) to get out?

Stowe is my favorite mtn in Vermont. Haven't been there this year..but I still get their daily reports. Conditions look awesome this season.

I might be able to, but I'll be in the middle of moving. Would love to at least take advantage of this absurd snow though.

Stowe is my favorite mtn in Vermont. Haven't been there this year..but I still get their daily reports. Conditions look awesome this season.

I've only been skiing for about 5 years, but it was the best snow I've seen there. And it was falling all day, so it probably didn't get down to ice until mid afternoon.

I might be able to, but I'll be in the middle of moving. Would love to at least take advantage of this absurd snow though.

I've only been skiing for about 5 years, but it was the best snow I've seen there. And it was falling all day, so it probably didn't get down to ice until mid afternoon.

Ok. Just let me know if it works for your sched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill.be taking the family up to Stowe next year. It's been too long since I skied there.

Ill.be taking the family up to Stowe next year. It's been too long since I skied there.

One of our favorite places to go to - even in the warmer months. The food is so good up there, and we stock up on VT beer to take home. That'll be a great trip for you guys.

Finally. 3rd day in a row of decent snow totals. Makes all the waiting very worth it.

Had a decent storm here at last that left behind 15" of heavy snow. I had a great day at Northstar with my son and some buddies. My legs are trashed since most of the day was spent in soft moguls and powder/packed powder. I'm thinking about skiing at Kirkwood tomorrow with my daughter if I can move an appointment to later in the week.

This hasn't been a good year in Alberta and British Columbia. My favourite ski hill which is Fernie usually has a ton of snow but last week the bottom was bare. Castle which is close to Fernie even shut down due to lack of snow and warm conditions. Depressed because I can't ski, play golf or even drive my summer car.

This hasn't been a good year in Alberta and British Columbia. My favourite ski hill which is Fernie usually has a ton of snow but last week the bottom was bare. Castle which is close to Fernie even shut down due to lack of snow and warm conditions. Depressed because I can't ski, play golf or even drive my summer car.

That sucks. I feel your pain after living in Minnesota/Wisconsin for 32 years. We've had our worst snow year in Lake Tahoe since I moved to California in 1998 but when there is no snow we still can at least play golf.

Was up at Mt Baker yesterday hiking and checking out the conditions. Backcountry guys galore. Conditions looking tight - 35" at the base, 60"+ at the top. Opening Thursday!

187796d57f06ca0e97c93991dae55b85.jpg

a73bd7ad134a1c58d50f70f8e46640a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Was up at Mt Baker yesterday hiking and checking out the conditions. Backcountry guys galore. Conditions looking tight - 35" at the base, 60"+ at the top. Opening Thursday!

Dammit!!!! I'm jealous dude for real. We have nothing lol hoping to get out around xmas or maybe make a trip out that way.

Dammit!!!! I'm jealous dude for real. We have nothing lol hoping to get out around xmas or maybe make a trip out that way.
It's looking infinitely better than last year here, I'll tell you that for sure! Gotta get my gear ready over the next couple days and be ready to shred this weekend :D

It's looking infinitely better than last year here, I'll tell you that for sure! Gotta get my gear ready over the next couple days and be ready to shred this weekend :D

Get some turns in for me brotha!! Have a blast, be safe.

I got up to Tahoe for my anniversary this weekend and my wife and I skied Northstar on Saturday. Not much terrain open yet but the conditions were great for mid November. It was a lot of fun just to be making some turns again and let's hope that the drought will end this winter.

jealous!!!!! I'd be hitting that right now. Just got all my stuff booked for my Jackson Hole backcountry trip. Going to get my Avi level 1 as well as 5 days or awesome jackson backcountry. Doing both regular and splitboarding on this trip so should be fun. And they are getting snow as buddies have already been riding.

jealous!!!!! I'd be hitting that right now. Just got all my stuff booked for my Jackson Hole backcountry trip. Going to get my Avi level 1 as well as 5 days or awesome jackson backcountry. Doing both regular and splitboarding on this trip so should be fun. And they are getting snow as buddies have already been riding.
That's awesome man! I haven't done any backcountry yet, because I don't feel it's worth the additional risk, but I question that decision on every day like this.

Scraped and brushed the summer wax on my Lines, getting ready for this weekend!! :D Just gotta do the same on my gf's skis now and we're ready to go.

Nice photos!
I gotta get a ski trip planned for 2016. I did not go last year, bailed at the last minute.
Have fun Ryan!

That's awesome man! I haven't done any backcountry yet, because I don't feel it's worth the additional risk, but I question that decision on every day like this.

Scraped and brushed the summer wax on my Lines, getting ready for this weekend!! :D Just gotta do the same on my gf's skis now and we're ready to go.

It worth the risk if you have the proper equipment and the TRAINING. I have been in the jackson hole area backcountry by myself a couple of times. If and when I got out, my wife and friends know exactly where I am going and where I will, end up. I carry the proper gear including and ABS pack and I know my limits. I don't always hit aggressive stuff as I know what I can do and if there is a problem I have a way out.

This is year will be my first time doing a couple of days on the splitboard and that should be sweet. It's so great to be away from crowds and lifts. Getting to the spot is really half the fun.

Th other thing I have learned is don't be afraid to ask for help. Last year I did one more extra run which put me way behind on my arrival time inbounds. I knew of another way back but was not sure. Asked another snowboard guide with two skiers and he let me follow them back. Funny part was he was a friend of a friend and knew of me.

Back