BL

Reaction score
Handicap
Short game
How much and what types of stretches, if any, do you do before you begin a round or practice session? Any golf-specific moves? Do you use any equipment?

orange whip and leg kicks are my go to moves. Orange whip about 5-10 minutes of light swinging to loosen the body up, and then leg kicks to loosen up my hips. I tend to need more time loosening up the hips if i play a round after work especially after sitting all day.

If I'm sore in the morning, I will foam roll. At the course, or just before I'll leave, I'll do a series of side squats with a resistance band, trying to warm up the hips. Then I'll just do some practice swings and sometimes use the orange whip.

Orange Whip FTW. I stretch everyday (ROMWOD) so I don’t do much of a warmup before rounds or practice.

Orange Whip FTW. I stretch everyday (ROMWOD) so I don’t do much of a warmup before rounds or practice.

Ohhhhhh... ROMWOD, interesting. I've been doing a bunch of DDP yoga, but that sounds even better.

Ohhhhhh... ROMWOD, interesting. I've been doing a bunch of DDP yoga, but that sounds even better.

I absolutely love it and it really helps me stay limber!

I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it. Are you paying a monthly subscription?

I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it. Are you paying a monthly subscription?

I got 6 months free (active military) but I will be paying once that’s up. I do them at least 5 times a week so it’s well worth it for me.

I got 6 months free (active military) but I will be paying once that’s up. I do them at least 5 times a week so it’s well worth it for me.

Its not something you'll just remember when the 6 months are up?

That sounds interesting. Is ROMWOD a stretching protocol or is it workout routines too?

The Misig

I've been doing some of the moves from this video. A couple of them seem to really be helping with my lower back issue.

[video=youtube;_Q-rF7-h34s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q-rF7-h34s&t=785s[/video]

Its not something you'll just remember when the 6 months are up?

No they change daily. Of course there are workouts I mark as favorites and I’ll do those if I’m trying to target a specific area.

No they change daily. Of course there are workouts I mark as favorites and I’ll do those if I’m trying to target a specific area.

Gotcha. Thanks.

15 minutes of yoga stretches every morning and about 5 minutes of hip and shoulder stretching before I hit the range/course.

Depends, how hungover? (Noone says this, even though...).
Usually down towards toes slowly, then left/right, with holdd with 2 heavy clubs. I'm no genuis..then swings.

Hips, hips, hips. My job is setting in a desk all day, them hips get tight. Tight hips makes for bad golf.

I’ve been stretching most days and using the MISIG. My back feels better on days when I warm up with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth $100?

That’s the $100 question. I think it comes down to why you are buying it - if you want the stretch in the backswing, it might be. If you think it will completely change your game, you might come away disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of full exaggerated swings.

Back