Golf Pride Breaking Ground on Future Headquarters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty awesome. Q1 of next year so not too long and only a couple hours from my house. Seems like a must do at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds like this will be quite the impressive setup and an amazing location.

That's a great business plan to put a fitting center at the course.

I would presume they looked at environmental impact of the construction, r&d, etc?

Doesn't sound like production will happen there but things always have an impact.. just wondering as it's right on the course

Either way wish them the best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Admin
That's a great business plan to put a fitting center at the course.

I would presume they looked at environmental impact of the construction, r&d, etc?

Of course. This is not a small operation, all of that has to be done and from what I learned, done with the Pinehurst team.

Nice, Pinehurst is easy driving distance for me and on my list for places to visit and play. I will have to take advantage of the grip fitting when they are up and running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool and solid location for them. Wonder if they are thinking about allowing walk-ins for grip fittings. Could get a lot more people to just pop in for fittings being at a resort and get them in golf pride grips.

That's going to be a very impressive facility.

• Admin
Very cool and solid location for them. Wonder if they are thinking about allowing walk-ins for grip fittings. Could get a lot more people to just pop in for fittings being at a resort and get them in golf pride grips.

As of right now, no. I asked about this and he mentioned it in the video. It has to be staffed and does take time to fit the Golf Pride wya.

Didn't USKG move to the same course? Nice to see companies moving to the area. Should be a real treat for golfers to get fit for grips and/or see what the future holds in the grip department.

I couldn't think of how anyone could make Pinehurst any cooler than it was.......Golf Pride just upped the anti. But they have made some major changes since I was there including #4 renovation and the Thistle Due par 3 course. I was actually planning on taking another trip there soon but I think im going to wait until this is done.

As of right now, no. I asked about this and he mentioned it in the video. It has to be staffed and does take time to fit the Golf Pride wya.

Damn, I was wondering the same thing.

Didn't USKG move to the same course? Nice to see companies moving to the area. Should be a real treat for golfers to get fit for grips and/or see what the future holds in the grip department.

US Kids has had R&D there for a while, and that will stay there. Currently Golf Pride is in Southern Pines right around the corner.

Damn, I was wondering the same thing.

Appointments will be available like he said in the vide though.

Needing an appointment shouldn’t be an issue because Pinehurst is a trip you plan in advance anyway. That should be a great symbiotic relationship for Golf Pride and Pinehurst. I’d definitely get fit while playing there.

Hmm a custom fitting for grips. That's interesting!!
I wonder how that process differs from something like what PING fitters do (basically just hand measurements).

I wonder how that process differs from something like what PING fitters do (basically just hand measurements).

While Tour pros traditionally pay much attention to grip size, it's been a neglected factor within the amateur golf scene.
I don't believe that using hand measurement as the primary criteria will be especially effective or productive. In this case most adult males will fall within the standard grip size category.
But the reality is that due to their grip technique and swing style often "standard grip size" Tour pros have chosen to use smaller or larger grips. And some use tape build up to create taper differences at the top, bottom, or side of the grip.
Grip weight is also a relevant factor. While some players may want a mid or jumbo size grip, the added weight of these larger grips has the effect of significantly lowering a club's swing weight. For large , heavy grips to become popular, and maintain traditional finished club swing weights in the D0-D4 range, club manufacturers will need to offer a method for adding weight to the club heads. If this is done it would bring up the factor of a club's dead weight becoming too heavy. The putter industry has already transitioned to use of large diameter heavy weight grips, but this was an easy decision because putter head weights had become so heavy that heavier grips were needed (for swing weight-balance purposes). Too heavy of a dead weight is not a problem for putters, because they are not swung with speed to produce long distance.
Grip fitting is relatively complicated and to do it right cooperation is needed from the shaft and club head producers.

US Kids Golf is at Longleaf Golf and Family Club, which is right in the same area.

Being only an hour away, I will make it down to Golf Pride for a fitting at some point.

JB, if you’re doing anything down Pinehurst way, let us nearby THPers know in advance!

Thanks partner. This was a quick in and out trip that we do 3-4 times a year.

We have a video coming up talking about grip fitting and finding the right grip that might help explain it more.

We have a video coming up talking about grip fitting and finding the right grip that might help explain it more.

I’m looking forward to that! Thanks!

JB, thanks for taking us behind the scenes like this and others.
I love these trips !

This looks like it will be awesome and in an awesome location!

Back