Do You Use The Bag Drop

Do You Use The Bag Drop

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have no choice, you park at the bag drop, the caddy master opens the car assigns you a caddy she then gives you her ticket and number. You then park in the carpark, some clubs will pick you up and take you to the club house. Next time you see your clubs there are either on a buggy or her trolley.

I have no idea what it is so i guess thats a no.
Over here a lot of courses have a little circle or small area near the clubhouse or starters area where you pull up take your clubs out and leave them. Some courses have an "attendant" there that will get your name and have your bag taken to your cart (most not all of us here take the electrical carts as opposed to walking that's a whole different thread). It's expexted to tip these guys anywhere from a couple bucks to five depending on the level of the club, and I have no proble, with that.

Some courses have cut back on labor hours and have an unattended bag drop where it's the same as above except you just leave them, go park and then pick them up your self on the way to the pro shop. This is where you are seeing the comments about the clubs being unattended or out of site, which is a very valid concern as there have been several reports of non golfers driving up to these areas and stealing clubs. It's not common but you seem to hear of it at least once a year.

Some clubs I will use the bag drop and others I will carry. Lately I've pulled up to he bag drop and no one is around so I'll carry or they will run a cart out to me in the parking lot. I have no issue dropping off at he bag drop if it makes my life easier.

I carry my clubs from the car.

I don't do it at all. I like to check things over at the car and gather everything I need. I'm still a strong lad, I think I can carry my bag 50 yards across a parking lot.

My one exception is perhaps a tournament. I've played in many tournaments where there are 4-5 attendants collecting bags before you even get to the parking lot. For those, I make sure everything is ready ahead of time. They just open the back and pull out the bag and you drive off and park. Clubs will be waiting on your cart.

I generally don't use the bag drop and I really can't say for sure why. I have no fear of my stuff getting stolen, it's more of a feeling rushed thing for me. I kind of have my own pre round routine where I get all my pockets (both in my shorts and my golf bag) situated and I simply prefer to do that at the trunk of my car.

My home course is away down south. I text my caddie when I want to play and he just shows up with my golf bag.

When I'm a guest in other golf clubs, I use the bag drop as a courtesy to my host and the club.

I very rarely do unless I know for a fact there will be someone there watching it until I can get back to it. I've gotten to the point where I just don't trust anybody anymore, so most of the time I just park and carry it.

Don't use it as I don't like to leave my clubs unattended and I don't always have my stuff together when I arrive.

I generally don't use the bag drop and I really can't say for sure why. I have no fear of my stuff getting stolen, it's more of a feeling rushed thing for me. I kind of have my own pre round routine where I get all my pockets (both in my shorts and my golf bag) situated and I simply prefer to do that at the trunk of my car.
This is me exactly Pete.

I used it once and it terrified me for the 3-4 minutes my bag was out of my sight. I have never been to a club that requires it, so I suppose I would use it if required.

I use it if available. Makes it easier for me, otherwise I'll just park and walk up.

Generally I don't. Although I may starting this year because my new home course has a locker room. So I may use the bag drop then head to the locker room to change the shoes and all that jazz.

I'll only use it if I have to. Like a lot of folks, I don't like to leave my clubs out of my sight.

I've only been to one course that offered I and had no problem using it. I'm more likely just to carry my own in though.

As I am always walking anyway, my clubs and trolley are taken out of the car where I am parked and the only timw they are left unattended is when I enter the pro shop to pay for my round

My home course has cameras outside with it being such a large facility so there is no worry of anything not being seen if something were to happen

I almost always use the bag drop if I'm playing an "away" or new course. At my old home course, my clubs were stored there and would be already on the golf cart ready to go for my tee time. At my new course, I don't get that kind of service, and they do not have club lockers to store your clubs. Golf carts are permitted in the parking lot, so, I just get the cart and go to the car to pick up my clubs.

I typically will park and bring my clubs to the starter area unless I am playing with my Dad - if playing with him we will pull up, I will pull the clubs out and he will go into the clubhouse and I will park the car.

My home course is a public, municipal/county course. Last year the managemenwas taken over by Casper Golf. They tried having an attended bag drop but most of the regulars were so used to carrying ther own clubs that it only lasted a few weeks. If I am a guest at a private club I will use the bag drop, if playing at another public course never.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Nope. Unless I am at a very nice course, I would have a panic attack if my sticks were left unattended.

Man, this is the thread where I discovered the bond between THPers and their golf clubs. You'd think we're leaving our supermodel girlfriend in the frat house.

I don't use a bag drop unless I absolutely have to. I am always adding a couple of things to my bag, making sure everything is there before I head in. I am the same way and feel rushed when trying to drop everything off at a drop.

I store my clubs at my club, so this is usually not an issue.

When I am at another course, it depends where the parking is, but usually I iwll carry them from the car.

I have a question for the people who never lose sight of their clubs, and this is not a putdown. What do you do when you go into the pro shop to check-in/pay?

I store my clubs at my club, so this is usually not an issue.

When I am at another course, it depends where the parking is, but usually I iwll carry them from the car.

I have a question for the people who never lose sight of their clubs, and this is not a putdown. What do you do when you go into the pro shop to check-in/pay?
Not a putdown at all, but a very good question. At my previous home course, I generally already had them on the cart by then, and it would be parked by the putting green which is very visible from the pro shop.

Other courses, I generally try to get them on the cart as well before going in. That won't prevent a random golfer from taking something, but the odds of theft there versus leaving them out by the unattended bag drop are much less, I believe.

Bag drop? What's a bag drop? Tip the guy at the bag drop? Sort of like you used to be able to do with dropping your bags off at the airport? You guys have valet parking too?

My dog tracks we just park, change our shoes (I wear spikeless so I'm already wearing them), get out of the car, get our clubs and carts out then whee them to the club house - or some people walk to the club house and get a cart and drive back (lazy) get their clubs......

Back