What club do you replace the most?

annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
I just walked out to the garage and couldn’t help but notice a grave yard of wedges. Different brands, lofts and grinds. Always looking for more bite.Meanwhile I haven’t switched out irons in ten years. It made me wonder what club do you replace the most often.

Last edited:
I swap putters sometimes for different sight lines or feel.

Always come back to my #7 MXM though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver. This is the first season since 2015 that I started with the same one I ended with the season before.

For me it is a contest between drivers (shafts) and wedges.

I have had lots of drivers in the last 4 years.

All. No ones position is safe. I don't want them to get complacent.

Putters.

I’m always surprised to find out it never works and the problem is apparently me

Putter. I have 5 different models in rotation and am very prone to blame it on the putter and switch to another model after a bad round on the greens.

I think it's a toss up between driver and putter. I haven't purchased anything new in awhile, but I rotate through the ones I currently have on hand.

Driver. Don't really search for more distance (although if I gain some, it's a bonus), mainly searching for more consistency and less dispersion.

It's weird, when I find wedges, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, or putters that I like, it takes me forever to replace them, but just this year I've replaced my driver twice. I will say, the Taylormade M4 I'm hitting right now has the potential to be one of those drivers that stays in the bag for awhile. I've just been striping it and I love the distance I still get from off center shots.

i have pretty much been on an annual cycle with everything other than putter. unless something miraculous happens, i'll probably be changing my driver and fw later this year, but i don't have any plans to change my hybrid, irons, wedges, or putter.

No club in my bag should ever get complacent. I don’t marry clubs. I just date. I may be close to changing that. Falling in love with some of my equipment.

Putters more than anything especially if I see a new style I like. If it tests well I’ll put it in the bag for a while

Wedges...hands down the most replaced in my bag.

Easily driver for me. It seems like every couple of years, I can see a noticeable improvement in performance by upgrading the driver, where I don't necessarily see the same gains by updating other clubs.

Great thread...

I would say wedges... but I contemplate changing everything... often...

I went a little crazy this year on putters. I'm on my 5th for this year but will say that this one, after the fitting I just had which adjusted the lie angle, will stay in the bag for awhile.

Fairway woods. I've had 7 different FW this year.

I don’t know if I replace it a ton but it always seems to be a moving target. Driver and or putter. Ironically at opposite ends of the bag.

Driver for sure.
In my golfing history I bet I have owned 40 drivers.
Probably 15-20 fairway woods.
15-20 different hybrids
10 set of irons
5 or so putters

Fairway woods for me, just edging out drivers because I've kept this latest driver for a while now.

Since it's the strongest part of my game, wedges no doubt. I'm always looking for that extra bite or that elusive feel.

putter, hands down. Easiest club to replace and give a whole different feel to your bag.

Back