luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Be honest - would you still participate in this great forum if there wasn't a chance to win something?

Is this a real question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

I'm from the UK so participating isn't for me. Good reads here in general. My only issue is threads get multiple pages long and I don't have time to read the whole thing ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Absolutely, when I first joined I was looking for info on clubs, found the community, and now it's my golf home away from home, with creating amazing friendships and memories with people from all across the world.

The giveaways, contests, etc. are just an added bonus!

I do when i have time i never win any thing any way so I just stopped entering anything(not just here)

Yes, of course. :confused2:

I didn't even know contests were apart of the forum when I joined.

Of course.

I joined when contest and events were not the main stay. I joined because I was looking at reviews for 3Ws. I became fast friends with JB through the first MC and never looked back

I know a good many have joined to get into events or give aways. And a large number stayed because we rock the best forum on the internet.

I've never entered any of this forum's contests, so yes.

I joined here for information and to meet people with a common hobby.
It's cool to say that I have friends from places I've never been to physically.
I get to play golf at a great location this weekend with 12 other THPer's. Old friends and new ones.
Clubs/gears/prizes are materialistic things that are replaceable. Friends stay with you.

Absolutely, when I first joined I was looking for info on clubs, found the community, and now it's my golf home away from home, with creating amazing friendships and memories with people from all across the world.

The giveaways, contests, etc. are just an added bonus!

Same here. I had no idea there were contests or events, I was just looking for club info. I quickly learned that the community is awesome and there's a ton of info so I joined.

Yeah I would...I mean, I love the equipment talk and I came here looking for reviews, but I stay for the people. Might not be the greatest answer on a gear forum but I've made lifelong friends here.

Yeah I would...I mean, I love the equipment talk and I came here looking for reviews, but I stay for the people. Might not be the greatest answer on a gear forum but I've made lifelong friends here.

Same here. The friendships I’ve made trump everything else.

I would. Sometimes I feel the contests overshadow all the great conversations that can and have happened here. Each person is driven in a different way and for me it’s just the passion for golf equipment not a contest or free trip etc.

I do it everyday.

A thousand percent yes. Was reviews and the discussion about them that brought me here

I love that THP and their partners in the golf industry are able to offer these opportunities but I personally sign up for less than 1% of them. Heck I haven't even thrown my hat in the ring for The Granddaddy the past several years yet I'm glued to THP following along and therefore prefer to let members who'll do a much better job live updating get in. I'm in here many times a day, it's about the people here, the info shared, not the prizes for me. Many of the incredible folks I've met through THP have shared very similar sentiments. Vicariously sharing the excitement of those members fortunate enough to score incredible opportunities or prizes is a big part of the enjoyment I get in here almost every day.

I would. Sometimes I feel the contests overshadow all the great conversations that can and have happened here. Each person is driven in a different way and for me it’s just the passion for golf equipment not a contest or free trip etc.

My thoughts exactly, I have made lifelong friends from the forum. Anyone who knows me, knows that I not care about free equipment

Is this a real question?

Right. Some of the greatest people I've met in the last few years and now talk to daily are on this forum...because of this forum. So yeah. I don't win anything on Facebook or IG but I'm still on there talking to friends and family. Plus the reviews and feedback I trust most are here. Guess I am winning. :shrug:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

As someone new to golf I came here looking for information and stayed for the companionship. As someone new to golf I feel very welcomed and never feel shut out of the conversations, even when I don't always understand, grind, lofts and shaft weights. I've asked plenty of questions and always received well thought out answers. The trash talk is done in a friendly manner and never offensive. It also feeds my every growing golf addiction.

Yes, I am not real active, and, am not an Albatross member, so, my chance to win anything is very slim. But, THP is a great forum, and, you can learn lots of stuff here.

Absolutely! I have been participating in any number of golf forums over the years, including many that are now defunct. This is the only forum I ever "joined" monetarily and did so for two reasons:

1) Part of the Albatross Club fee goes to a charity, St. Jude's Children's Hospital this year and last, the SPCA the year before that.
2) Great discussion and a terrific source of information regarding clubs, companies - the golf industry in general.

The chance to win something is a bonus, for sure, but not a reason to join or participate.

Back