Jamie Sadlowski Q School

kevin81002

Fore Right!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Who knows
Jamie finished up the 1st stage of Q School today. He finished with a 4 day total of -16... good enough for a T1 finish. Way to go Jamie!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That’s great to hear! Rooting for him to make it to the show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is awesome.

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing the information.

Woot! Would love to see him break out!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Great news, hope we can see more of him on tv soon!

awesome to hear! Hoping he can keep it up. Definitely rooting for him!!

Of the three, this was the easy one. Stage 2 is the real pressure cooker he'll face. Make the final cut, he's guaranteed status on the Web.com of some sort. Miss it, nothing. Granted he's got PGA Tour Canada to fall back on, that's not the one he wants.

If he makes it through and gets his card for the big Tour, what does he have to do to keep it?

Hopefully he can put something together. He only made 1 cut and $600 CAD this season on the MacKenzie Tour.

If he makes it through and gets his card for the big Tour, what does he have to do to keep it?

Q School will get him on the Web.com. It's up to him to earn it from there. I'm assuming he needs to make the Web.com playoffs to at least keep status on that tour.

Q School will get him on the Web.com. It's up to him to earn it from there. I'm assuming he needs to make the Web.com playoffs to at least keep status on that tour.

Don't quote me on this, but for some reason Top 70 money earners keeps ringing a bell?

Don't quote me on this, but for some reason Top 70 money earners keeps ringing a bell?

Found this on the pga tour media site in reference to web.com status once you get past those who earned PGA tour cards.

- The next 25 money earners on the Web.com Tour Finals money list, not counting those players who earned TOUR cards, will earn fully exempt Web.com Tour status for 2019.
- The 25 who follow those players, again not counting those who earned TOUR cards, will be exempt into the Finals of the Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament.
-Those who finished Nos. 26-75 on the Web.com Tour Regular Season money list will be fully exempt on the Web.com Tour in 2019 (should they fail to earn a PGA TOUR card).
- Players finishing Nos. 76-85 on the Web.com Tour Regular Season money list will have conditional status in 2019 on the Web.com Tour and be exempt into the Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament Finals.
- Players finishing Nos. 86-100 on the Web.com Tour Regular Season money list will have conditional status in 2019 on the Web.com Tour and be exempt into the second stage of the Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament. Additionally, everyone eligible for the Web.com Tour Finals will have conditional status in 2019, at a minimum.

that is awesome to hear, take it step by step and keep grinding Mr. Sadlowski!

Good stuff. So, how do you get a Tour card without going through Q school and the Web.com? The way Tiger did it? You try to get sponsor's exemptions and/or Monday qualify and make enough earnings to qualify? How much do you need to earn? Is it like Top 125 or something?

Good stuff. So, how do you get a Tour card without going through Q school and the Web.com? The way Tiger did it? You try to get sponsor's exemptions and/or Monday qualify and make enough earnings to qualify? How much do you need to earn? Is it like Top 125 or something?

I think top 125, or win an event like Jordan Spieth did his rookie season.

Found this on the pga tour media site in reference to web.com status once you get past those who earned PGA tour cards.

- The next 25 money earners on the Web.com Tour Finals money list, not counting those players who earned TOUR cards, will earn fully exempt Web.com Tour status for 2019.
- The 25 who follow those players, again not counting those who earned TOUR cards, will be exempt into the Finals of the Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament.
-Those who finished Nos. 26-75 on the Web.com Tour Regular Season money list will be fully exempt on the Web.com Tour in 2019 (should they fail to earn a PGA TOUR card).
- Players finishing Nos. 76-85 on the Web.com Tour Regular Season money list will have conditional status in 2019 on the Web.com Tour and be exempt into the Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament Finals.
- Players finishing Nos. 86-100 on the Web.com Tour Regular Season money list will have conditional status in 2019 on the Web.com Tour and be exempt into the second stage of the Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament. Additionally, everyone eligible for the Web.com Tour Finals will have conditional status in 2019, at a minimum.

Top 75, right on. I was in the ballpark!

If you top 10 on the PGA Tour, you get an automatic entry into the next tournament, assuming it's not an invitational or major. Top 25 does that on the Web.com. Then, there's Special Temporary membership. Non-members are limited to 12 PGA Tour starts in a season, and they can accept seven sponsor exemptions into tournaments. However, when a player earns PGA Tour Special Temporary Membership, they are able to accept unlimited sponsor exemptions for the remainder of the season, meaning a hot name gets more opportunities to potentially play more often. A player earns PGA Tour Special Temporary Membership by earning enough non-member FedEx Cup points to equal the player who finished 150th in FedEx Cup points in the prior season. The non-member can earn PGA Tour Special Temporary Membership at any time in the season, and the non-member must accept it in order to use it.

After that, top 125 or bust.

If you top 10 on the PGA Tour, you get an automatic entry into the next tournament, assuming it's not an invitational or major. Top 25 does that on the Web.com. Then, there's Special Temporary membership. Non-members are limited to 12 PGA Tour starts in a season, and they can accept seven sponsor exemptions into tournaments. However, when a player earns PGA Tour Special Temporary Membership, they are able to accept unlimited sponsor exemptions for the remainder of the season, meaning a hot name gets more opportunities to potentially play more often. A player earns PGA Tour Special Temporary Membership by earning enough non-member FedEx Cup points to equal the player who finished 150th in FedEx Cup points in the prior season. The non-member can earn PGA Tour Special Temporary Membership at any time in the season, and the non-member must accept it in order to use it.

After that, top 125 or bust.

Joaquin Niemann is the perfect example of how to get a tour card and bypass web.com.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/19...r-card-in-just-eight-starts-as-a-professional

That being said, the rules would have been different when Tiger came around. Q-School back then was to get you on the PGA tour. That changed in 2012. But Tiger got in in a similar way Niemann has qualified this year.

Joaquin Niemann is the perfect example of how to get a tour card and bypass web.com.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/19...r-card-in-just-eight-starts-as-a-professional

That being said, the rules would have been different when Tiger came around. Q-School back then was to get you on the PGA tour. That changed in 2012. But Tiger got in in a similar way Niemann has qualified this year.

Q school and sponsor invites. Helps though when you win in your first few starts, then it's a moot point haha

I can't wait to see what he does in the 2nd stage. I might even try to go watch it since it's 10 minutes from my house.

Hard work is paying off for Jamie, hopefully he continues to play well.

Hell yeah, I hope he gets his card.

All the power to him but I think it’s going to be a struggle in stage 2 and if he somehow does come out of it and gets some sort of status on web.com it’s goin to be a rough year. He made 1 cut on Mackenzie your this year and that was a 60th place finish and had an overall scoring avg of 71.55. That kinda game isn’t going to get it done with the boys on the web.com

Drive for show......

No doubt he’s a decent player, but I doubt that apart from hitting it a long way he’s actually worthy of a place on tour.

There’s a reason why some people are Tour players and others are long drive champions.

Drive for show......

No doubt he’s a decent player, but I doubt that apart from hitting it a long way he’s actually worthy of a place on tour.

There’s a reason why some people are Tour players and others are long drive champions.
I think for him it's a matter of getting used to the pressure of playing on tour. Those of us that were fortunate enough to play with him at the gamechanger event this year at Talking Stick have seen his game. He's a great all around player who has great touch around the greens. His ability to point and shoot at a target and hit that line consistently from any distance was impressive. I think he could definitely use a boost in the putting department, but that'll come with time. I think just needs more tournament reps and he'll be fine.

Back