• Total voters

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Thinking about this today, so, poll time.

Are you a picker, or a divot taker with your iron/wedge strikes?

When I'm striking the ball well, divots. But my miss is thin.

Never pelts unless it's rained for 5 days straight.

I am a divot taker, but tend to pick my long irons, causing a poor strike

• Staff
I'm a divot taker, I remember being a picker when I started playing though, took a full year to break that habit.

Somewhere in between divots and pelts just depends on the day.

I take a decent divot on a good wedge, but anything beyond like a 9-iron and I'm a bit more of a picker.

I've been known to take some hearty chunks of the earth with a swing, especially if there is any moisture in the ground. PELTS for DAYSSSSSSSSSSS.

Right now a mix - mostly clean strikes but starting to work on the divot thing with moderate successs

Picker all day unless I have that #gotime wedge in my hands.

Oh divot for sure. I tend to think i am digging for oil some days!

Divots for me, but generally on the smaller side.

I take very small divots with my irons. Wedges I take bigger divots, no pelts though.

I take a decent divot on a good wedge, but anything beyond like a 9-iron and I'm a bit more of a picker.

This is me. Long and mid-iron strikes just brush the grass down forward of impact or take a very small divot. Short irons and wedges take a decent divot. My miss with both is usually thin.

I can be both a divot taker and clean striker, depending on the shot I'm trying to make. However, I never take pelts.

I've been known to take some hearty chunks of the earth with a swing, especially if there is any moisture in the ground. PELTS for DAYSSSSSSSSSSS.

Proper.

Picker all day. I find the more beaver pelts I take, the more steep my swing becomes & everything ends up short of my target. So I try & keep a more "U" swing vs "V"

Between picker to small divots. I tend to mist thin far more than heavy.

I'm very much a picker and have been for a few years but wish I could get back to taking divots.

More picker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With irons I take small divots with wedges I take part of the course.

Divot, my miss is Pelt :laugh:

I am a picker for the most part. I do take a divot the shorter the clubs get, but unless it is chunked there is never really a big divot.

Picker. My winter training program (established last week) includes a heavy dose of drills to help me stay down on the ball. Ball compression requires a divot.

Picker unfortunately, and it can get me a case of the "thins" periodically thoughout the year!

Back