M1 hybrid vs apex hybrid

sposey013168

Reaction score
Handicap
I have the m1 21 degree hybrid and the apex 20 degree hybrid. I am doing my own shootout between them (please don't turn this into tmag vs Cally)
Here is a side by side pic
7076a0e80c7d090a1384dace352faeac.jpg

Both look good at setup, on looks alone I favor the apex but that is strictly a personal preference.
The m1 has the Fuji pro 80 shaft and the apex has the kuro 80 shaft so the shafts are pretty similar.
I hit 40 balls with each of them today. I really like both of these clubs. The toe forgiveness is good on both. On thin shots I give a slight edge to the m1. On heavy shots I give the edge to the apex.
So far I am very impressed with both of these clubs. I have no idea which will become my gamer.
I will have more to add as I hit them more. I look forward to others thoughts as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Any noticeable distance differences?

Really excited to hear how this shakes out for you Shane. All I know is you have 2 great options here.

What is your opinion re: ball flight patterns between the clubs?

Looking forward to reading your thoughts Shane.

Looking forward to your results with them Shane. Where do you have the weight set up on the m1? You have a preference when it comes to looks between the two?

I believe SirHoselRocket did the same testing. I'll be looking forward to reading your results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the tiny Apex head. To me it looks more like a fat iron than a tiny fairway wood. I wish more manufacturers made hybrids like that.

Awesome! These are that exact hybrids im looking to try before next season. Will be curious to hear more info

Tmag sucks! Callaway rules!!!
Mic drop

Oh Freddie lol.
Weight in m1 is 25 middle.
Ball flight the m1 is a little higher and so far distance are very close to each other.
Have a par 5 coming up where I will both into the green

Really looking forward to your thoughts Shane.

Oh Freddie lol.
Weight in m1 is 25 middle.
Ball flight the m1 is a little higher and so far distance are very close to each other.
Have a par 5 coming up where I will both into the green

You can't hit a green with a wedge what makes you think you will with these hybrids? :alien:
Hahaha

This should be interesting to see...

You can't hit a green with a wedge what makes you think you will with these hybrids? :alien:
Hahaha

I've seen Shane with hybrids in hand out of junk after a terrible tee ball with 200 to the green. He nailed it. Dude is a machine with hybrids, especially those like these two that resemble the shape of the Adams Pro.

I've seen Shane with hybrids in hand out of junk after a terrible tee ball with 200 to the green. He nailed it. Dude is a machine with hybrids, especially those like these two that resemble the shape of the Adams Pro.
I've seen it in person as well. Never miss an opportunity to give the midget some crap haha

Was 240 out on par 5. Made good swings on both. Apex went 225 and m1 went 219. M1 was higher and apex was mid trajectory.
Both are very solid clubs so far

Was 240 out on par 5. Made good swings on both. Apex went 225 and m1 went 219. M1 was higher and apex was mid trajectory.
Both are very solid clubs so far

sound? Which is more pleasing to you?

Dang, if I was ever able to hammer a hybrid as well as you hit your Adams I'm not sure I'd ever touch a new one. Ballsy. If you want to get some side by side ball speed numbers where you can also see ball flight I could loan you my new VoiceCaddie SC200. Just got it Wednesday. Or I could meet you over at Swing Right next week on your lunch break. They keep their balls inside and warm and use an assortment of real balls not range rocks. Could also compare how a slow swinging normal height guy hits those new hybos ... haha. Glad you're starting to feel better.

Dang, if I was ever able to hammer a hybrid as well as you hit your Adams I'm not sure I'd ever touch a new one. Ballsy. If you want to get some side by side ball speed numbers where you can also see ball flight I could loan you my new VoiceCaddie SC200. Just got it Wednesday. Or I could meet you over at Swing Right next week on your lunch break. They keep their balls inside and warm and use an assortment of real balls not range rocks. Could also compare how a slow swinging normal height guy hits those new hybos ... haha. Glad you're starting to feel better.
That sounds great Dan, let's do that next week

I've hit both and the m1 has a more quiet/dull sound IIRC
Apex is more of a click which I like

What happened? All set up for a side by side comparison with two different swing speeds and poof.

Back