2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
when you going to throw some cardio into the mix joe?
I've been adding light conditioning after my lifts lately.

Also, are you calling me fat? Those are winter layers, you know, for warmth.

Ive read back squats can be harder on the knees than fronts.
Read where? Front squats are a knee dominant lift. Whoever wrote that had a gross misunderstanding of how the musculature in the legs work. Back squats, when done properly are hip dominant.

Things like form and depth will play a part. But a low bar back squat to just below parallel with hip drive is relatively easy on the knees.

Read where? Front squats are a knee dominant lift. Whoever wrote that had a gross misunderstanding of how the musculature in the legs work. Back squats, when done properly are hip dominant.

Things like form and depth will play a part. But a low bar back squat to just below parallel with hip drive is relatively easy on the knees.
Maybe I confused it with back? Fronts would be easier on ones back?

I would never call your fat :)
Just taking about overall health :p

I've been adding light conditioning after my lifts lately.

Also, are you calling me fat? Those are winter layers, you know, for warmth.

Maybe I confused it with back? Fronts would be easier on ones back?
I don't believe so but the argument can be made because the hips are barely engaged during the lift, the low back has a harder time rounding. But I think people have a very hard time keeping their chest up and any forward movement with the bar puts a lot of strain on the lumbar spine

I don't believe so but the argument can be made because the hips are barely engaged during the lift, the low back has a harder time rounding. But I think people have a very hard time keeping their chest up and any forward movement with the bar puts a lot of strain on the lumbar spine
I think you're onto something and thinking back I think the article was more about poor form. Front you'd dump it, back you'd grind it up using only your back. At least I think that's the idea they were getting at. Probably some livestrong article lol!!

I think you're onto something and thinking back I think the article was more about poor form. Front you'd dump it, back you'd grind it up using only your back. At least I think that's the idea they were getting at. Probably some livestrong article lol!!
Probably. The quality of strength training related articles on Livestrong is very poor.

To rated the quality of a lift based the safety of doing them with had form is asinine.

Probably. The quality of strength training related articles on Livestrong is very poor.

To rated the quality of a lift based the safety of doing them with had form is asinine.
That would mean snatch = instant death lol well actually that's not funny.

That would mean snatch = instant death lol well actually that's not funny.
Snatches can be treacherous. No doubt. Now what you said, I don't agree with haha

Today was leg day and I ended my workout with 100 DU. Not sure I can walk anymore, can you say Jello

Snatches can be treacherous. No doubt. Now what you said, I don't agree with haha
We were talking about rating lifts based on terrible form. Doing a snatch with absolutely zero knowledge or proper form could indeed be deadly.

We were talking about rating lifts based on terrible form. Doing a snatch with absolutely zero knowledge or proper form could indeed be deadly.
I thought you were talking about the body part.
:D

Got a session set up with a local ss coach for tomorrow morning. Going to get some coaching on my form and I'm looking forward to that!

Got a session set up with a local ss coach for tomorrow morning. Going to get some coaching on my form and I'm looking forward to that!
Brodie is one of the best.

A 6 hour car ride, the day after deadlifts is brutal. My back is so stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 6 hour car ride, the day after deadlifts is brutal. My back is so stiff.

I bet. I struggle with sitting at a computer all day after a good compound session.

I bet. I struggle with sitting at a computer all day after a good compound session.

The car rides kill me, and I do them a lot(17,000 miles in 6 months) but fortunately my job is very active, on my feet 10-12 hours a day and constantly lifting.

Throw it all out. :act-up: The trap-bar deadlift is the only leg exercise you need. :alien:
Ive read back squats can be harder on the knees than fronts.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Throw it all out. :act-up: The trap-bar deadlift is the only leg exercise you need. :alien:

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Why I ought a...

Just taught my students about the FITT principle and the three planes of motion. They will be using them to make their own fitness plans.

Does anyone do any swimming here for Cardio? It has been awhile since I have done any swimming for endurance/calorie burning, but my gym has a full size olympic pool. Thoughts?

Does anyone do any swimming here for Cardio? It has been awhile since I have done any swimming for endurance/calorie burning, but my gym has a full size olympic pool. Thoughts?

Great cardio, once my gym finishes the pool, I'll go back to swimming for some cardio

My wife swears by it if you have access to a pool. She's a certified athletic trainer and has a minor is exercise physiology and is certified in personal training as well. She says for straight up cardio if you're swimming to work out and push yourself it's just about the best full body workout you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back