Contest: Your Favorite THP Moment of 2018 / 2019 AC Membership

tpluff

I <3 GAWLF
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
This contest is simple: post your favorite THP moment of 2018 and why it was special to you. It can be an entire event, a day on the course you chronicled, or a particular conversation on the forum you enjoyed. Nothing is too big, nothing is too small.

This contest is open to ANYONE with an active account on the forum. Whether you have one post or 50,000, whether you have been an annual AC member in the past or brand new to the forum, ANYONE can enter.

Please, only one official entry post per person and denote “Official Entry” at the start. Relevant banter is acceptable/encouraged, but won’t be counted toward official contest entries.

I will pick a random post number with an official entry and pay for their 2019 Albatross Club membership, no strings attached. This will remain open until 12N EST on 11/6. If you have already re-upped for 2019 Albatross Club, still feel free to officially enter and I will pick another entry on both of our behalfs, as well and ship you something a little extra.

ac2019.png

If you haven't heard about this awesome program, read about it here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...n-THPers-Making-a-Difference-Helping-Children

So let’s hear it: What was your favorite THP moment of 2018?

Last edited:

Official entry:

There were some crazy amazing moments this year on THP, but the blistering pace and updates coupled with the unprecedented options available at the Ultimate Weekend for THPers was my favorite moment to follow along with. Can’t wait to see what 2019 brings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an awesome thing to do @Tpluff

What an awesome thing to do @Tpluff

Just passing along the same generosity I received recently. It's the THP way to do things, as I've learned. And why not make it fun while reminiscing over the amazing 10th year that THP was for us all.

I just paid for 2019 but appreciate this great contest!! I’ll still throw in my thoughts.

Going to the Orlando Gathering in August was incredible. I was able to put faces to a lot of forum names, shared some drinks and a lot of laughs!! We had a house full of awesome THP’ers, played a lot of fun golf and experienced how cool it was to be around a group of great people who were there because of the bonds of the THP forum. The pinnacle of that time had to have been the round many of us were able to play at Bay Hill and realizing the guest member bag tag was something we could keep!! Forever grateful to Mike for making this possible!!

Last edited:
Official Entry:

I joined THP earlier this year and kind of lurked in the weeds for the first few months reading various threads to help my game/equipment improve this year, and then over the past few months I have become more of an active member trying to contribute to various threads/conversations. I'll break down my favorite THP moments in 3 components: Contests, Events, and Threads.

1) Contest - This one would have to be the contest that I won, the custom THP Ping Glide Forged Wedge. Currently on display in the man-cave, but may move it into the bag at some point next year (and would definitely be in the bag if I get selected for a THP event in 2019).

2) Event - While I did not have the chance to participate in a THP event in 2018, I did have the opportunity to join the THP fantasy football league. I have thoroughly enjoyed the competition and the banter, and look forward to seeing how the remainder of the season plays out.

3) Thread - My favorite thread to follow this year would have to be the TT Ultimate Weekend thread. I loved to read about the various combinations of shafts and iron heads, and thought that thread was a great example of how to keep the THP community engaged in the event through posts/pictures/answering forum questions.

Looking forward to a fantastic 2019 here at THP!

Not an entry because I just paid for 2019 but appreciate this great contest!!

Going to the Orlando Gathering in August was incredible. I was able to put faces to a lot of forum names, shared some drinks and a lot of laughs!! We had a house full of awesome THP’ers, played a lot of fun golf and experienced how cool it was to be around a group of great people who were there because of the bonds of the THP forum. The pinnacle of that time had to have been the round many of us were able to play at Bay Hill and realizing the guest member bag tag was something we could keep!! Forever grateful to Mike for making this possible!!

First post was edited. Still officially enter, if you like. You might receive some limited edition THP items or other goodies if selected first. A 2nd selection will be made at that point on both of our behalfs.

Official Entry:

While there's been some off the charts events this year, my favorite would have to be The Sweep. It's so unique in its nature, and the people involved are top notch. While I didn't get to run in the finals, the semis were lots of fun, despite very sore shoulders from that heavy staff bag. :) Then to find out the next morning (before the finals) that even I would get a SECOND free trip for free wedges. It's crazy how many things like this are done here at THP.

Official Entry:

While there's been some off the charts events this year, my favorite would have to be The Sweep. It's so unique in its nature, and the people involved are top notch. While I didn't get to run in the finals, the semis were lots of fun, despite very sore shoulders from that heavy staff bag. :) Then to find out the next morning (before the finals) that even I would get a SECOND free trip for free wedges. It's crazy how many things like this are done here at THP.

And we will see you next week on that second free trip : )

Official Entry:

To be honest I don't think I can single out a single moment that has stood out to me this year on the forum. But since I joined in march I have found a community where I have felt accepted to talk about/vent about not only golf, but everything else as well. I enjoy not only posting every now and then, but also just reading about all the new products and the adventures of fellow THPers. Wasn't sure about joining at first, but I am glad I did. So I guess becoming a forum member is whats memorable to me.

Official Entry:

To be honest I don't think I can single out a single moment that has stood out to me this year on the forum. But since I joined in march I have found a community where I have felt accepted to talk about/vent about not only golf, but everything else as well. I enjoy not only posting every now and then, but also just reading about all the new products and the adventures of fellow THPers. Wasn't sure about joining at first, but I am glad I did. So I guess becoming a forum member is whats memorable to me.

Glad you've felt welcomed here. It's an amazing place.

First post was edited. Still officially enter, if you like. You might receive some limited edition THP items or other goodies if selected first. A 2nd selection will be made at that point on both of our behalfs.

Awesome of you to do this so I will edit my post as an entry: thanks!

Official entry:

Has to be hearing @JasonFinleyCG announce my name as a Member of Team THP for The Grandaddy

Great contest!!!

I could write a book on the whole event....

Official Entry: But for me my favorite moment this year was after the Morgan Cup and the teams had gathered for some food and drinks. Both captains stood up and literally could not finish their speeches due to the amount of emotion they had for everything that event has, does and will mean to them.

That is something I will never ever forget....and one that I will treasure being a part of for years to come.

Last edited:
Official entry:

Has to be hearing @JasonFinleyCG announce my name as a Member of Team THP for The Grandaddy

Great contest!!!

That’s hard to beat!!

This is an easy one for me, the top THP moment for me was when I joined the THP community back in July, started my first post in the "Check In Desk", and was so warmly welcomed in. Within a half hour of checking in, @itsOpeningDay invited me to the "Tahoe Unofficial Event", what a welcome! I unfortunately couldn't make that event this year, but hope to join the fun in that one, and many other THP events, in 2019.

I'm gonna have to go with the Budget Golf 60 second sweep. That place is awesome, I've not seen any other contest like that in any other golf site (or anywhere else in golf for that matter). Last year was awesome to watch, this year was awesome to watch. And Budget stepping up and helping with some of the "less useful" (wrong gender, wrong hand) items was great too.

*I did get a bit dizzy with the 360 camera though.

Official Entry:

My top moment was a very specific part of the Cleveland Event. Just after we unwrapped our new clubs and we were all hitting balls at TopGolf, Jamie walks up in jeans and a polo and orders a Miller Lite. THP is about incredible experiences and to be honest, the most incredible thing was sitting around drinking some beers with about 12 of us including JB, Fupresti Jamie and Noelle and just having a great time.

It wasn't this elaborate show with "Cleveland" written in fireworks as Jamie walked up. He was just a normal dude with all of us. That was just absolutely incredible. It wasn't a forced meet and greet or some autograph signing where he's stuck behind a table. Just him and us BSing and hanging out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Easy. I was selected for the THP/Cleveland Golf Game Changer event in April and it was one of the most memorable trips I've ever had. The highlight (among a weekend full of highlights) was the first night there and getting to meet JB, the Cleveland crew, and all the other THP'ers who were selected for the event at Top Golf. Seeing my clubs set up alongside all the others, still in the wrappers just waiting to be hit was truly special and Jaimie Sadlowski showing up unexpectedly was icing on the cake. I can't count how many times I've had to clarify that "yes, this really happened" when I tell people how great it is to be a part of the THP community and events they put out there for us.

Great contest by the way. If you select my post please pass it along to the next person who posts an introduce yourself thread.

Official Entry:

My top moment was a very specific part of the Cleveland Event. Just after we unwrapped our new clubs and we were all hitting balls at TopGolf, Jamie walks up in jeans and a polo and orders a Miller Lite. THP is about incredible experiences and to be honest, the most incredible thing was sitting around drinking some beers with about 12 of us including JB, Fupresti Jamie and Noelle and just having a great time.

It wasn't this elaborate show with "Cleveland" written in fireworks as Jamie walked up. He was just a normal dude with all of us. That was just absolutely incredible. It wasn't a forced meet and greet or some autograph signing where he's stuck behind a table. Just him and us BSing and hanging out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yep. Those are the moments you can’t get anywhere else.

This contest is simple: post your favorite THP moment of 2018 and why it was special to you. It can be an entire event, a day on the course you chronicled, or a particular conversation on the forum you enjoyed. Nothing is too big, nothing is too small.

This contest is open to ANYONE with an active account on the forum. Whether you have one post or 50,000, whether you have been an annual AC member in the past or brand new to the forum, ANYONE can enter.

Please, only one official entry post per person and denote “Official Entry” at the start. Relevant banter is acceptable/encouraged, but won’t be counted toward official contest entries.

I will pick a random post number with an official entry and pay for their 2019 Albatross Club membership, no strings attached. This will remain open until 12N EST on 11/6. If you have already re-upped for 2019 Albatross Club, still feel free to officially enter and I will pick another entry on both of our behalfs, as well and ship you something a little extra.

View attachment 35731

If you haven't heard about this awesome program, read about it here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...n-THPers-Making-a-Difference-Helping-Children

So let’s hear it: What was your favorite THP moment of 2018?

Official Entry:

Your avatar.

Definitely has to be winning the Fantasy Golf League and receiving an amazing all-access tour and fitting from Tour Edge. Unlike anything I have ever had the privelege of doing previously and not a chance I would have been able to do something like that without an Albatross Club Memebership.

There was this morning when I was sitting down to the computer with bed head, an old t-shirt and my underwear to take care of a family matter and I saw an unexpected PM from JB...

Official Entry:

While I did not attend any THP events in 2018, I did have "a day on the course that was chronicled". Actually it was multiple days at the 2018 Ultimate Gathering in Orlando this past August. There is a VERY large thread around here about it that has a "few" posts in it.

50+ thpers doing nothing but golfing, laughing and shooting the breeze, cant beat that! Was a pretty cool site to head out to the range and see what many people gathered together from all over the US (and Canada) coming together to have a great time.

Oh and playing that Bay Hill place that weekend was pretty fun as well, if you are into that.

Cant wait to run it back 2 times in 2019

Official entry:

Selfishly, my favorite post was one of my first hole in one this year.

My favorite discussion thread is the “THP’ers Random Acts of Kindness”. Just really warms my heart and makes me smile every single time that happens.

Back