Click on the area on the left where is say green, it will then follow you and give you that yardage. I don't care for it at all and left my old app un-updated.

It took me a bit to figure it out. I dislike it because it takes to much messing around while I'm playing. I just want to look down and know my yardage to my layups and green.

Love it for stats and scoring. I track about 10-12 shots a round when I can remember. I don't worry too much about the distance readings since I use my rangefinder for that. Occasionally I use it to get distances on courses I'm unfamiliar with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful if you mess around with both Golfshot Pro and Plus. Somehow I ended up with a bunch of duplicate rounds and tracked shots. After not receiving a reply from support I eventually had to manually delete them by constantly logging off and on and going through multiple times.

Mine with the update works fine. I haven't had any issues with it updating my distance shot by shot. If you go into settings you can get the layup distances to show like the old version.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Golfshot App

Well I'm still having trouble with mine. I can't get it to give me distance to the hole as I move down the fairway. I have tried everything except deleting the app and reinstalling it. Golfshot has responded a couple of times to me and I did everything they said but it still will not work. Now the GPS won't even find the course I'm at. I've had this app for 5 years or more and it had always worked great. Very frustrating.

I've been using the new Golfshot gps...now Golfshot plus. A couple versions ago they had bad issues with GPS not updating and or staying active no matter what setting you changed. That has since been fixed for some time now. My distance is very quick to update...and even the distance on the Apple Watch updates very fast.
New version was put out today..Apple Watch app now runs native...to bad I won't be able to test it on the course until all the snow melts and the courses open again.

Ive tried other apps (hole 19, swingbyswing, track my golf)but always go back to Golfshot plus.

Going to have to look into this App as Spring rolls around, decent reviews on the Android App Store.

Here are some images that might help those with the new layout. On the left side you choose where it'll give you distances to. I typically just choose center of the green.

c92819f2349fdc33d55202f0c1528b16.jpg
0679fdf4f3d00709cc516ee3d08d1cb1.jpg
20241b5385afc5df7cfe7dbc3f00d51a.jpg

It's my go-to app and one of the most user-friendly ones IMO, but I don't trust it's distances at all. They have been way off in rounds before.

It's my go-to app and one of the most user-friendly ones IMO, but I don't trust it's distances at all. They have been way off in rounds before.

I have had that issue too. Check the background gps setting. Set it at 1 min or always on. You will eat battery compared to the default, but for me distances update faster and have improved accuracy. A buddy has a golf gps watch, and our distances have been within a few yards every time we check. I don't regularly play with anyone who has a laser rangefinder to test that way.

An aside, the apple watch app for Golfshot is working nicely for me. it is limited compared to the phone app but super helpful and great for keeping score.

I've been using this ap, and previous versions, for 4 years now. For the most part distances are good, but I've been a few places where a weak gps signal can throw it off.

I've found it to be pretty accurate. This year I'll be trying it out with the Apple Watch. I've only had one hole on a course where it was about 8-10 yards but noticed my signal wasn't the greatest. On new courses I usually use it as a reference and still pay attention to yardage markers. I have a laser range finder for anything with in 150 yards.

I've been using it for a couple of yours now on Android phones, and never had any issues with the distances. However, my friend who are both using it on an iPhone have a lot of problems with the yardage. Happens that our apps read 20 yards of difference when standing next to each other, but when we check with the rangefinder mine is always right.

Was never a huge fan of Golfshot as i used to just eat may battery (to be fair it was an old phone). I use FreeCaddie now, sure its not as in depth but gives me the info i need (yardage to front, middle, back of green) and is battery friendly.

Was never a huge fan of Golfshot as i used to just eat may battery (to be fair it was an old phone). I use FreeCaddie now, sure its not as in depth but gives me the info i need (yardage to front, middle, back of green) and is battery friendly.
I used Golfshot all last year and i never had any battery issues. Could be something theyve addressed in recent updates

I used Golfshot all last year and i never had any battery issues. Could be something theyve addressed in recent updates

I think it may have had more to do with the old Samsung i was using. Im sure ive seen one on the Antiques Roadshow :wink:

Anyone have updates with the full version and Apple Watch?

Anyone have updates with the full version and Apple Watch?

IMO I still find the newest versions of the app, are not as quick to update. The delay is only noticed when you haven't woken up the watch for a while....after which when you raise your wrist to wake up the watch it takes a bit longer to update the yardage. Once the watch is woken up or recently woken up....updates are instantaneous. The delay isn't horrible and might not even be that noticeable if you haven't used prior versions.
That being said, I have since gotten a Tour X this season and still use the Apple Watch for yardages when I'm not at arm's length from my bag. I also use the app on my phone to keep score and to keep track of my stats.

The watch is a bit slow updating but I use it just as a reference and more for scoring. One thing I noticed this year is that the overhead views of the holes are gone. I had paid the $30 fee before the big merger, seems like they screwed us and only gave us a year of the premium. I still get all the yardages but no view of the hole. Wonder what they'll take away next year.

The watch is a bit slow updating but I use it just as a reference and more for scoring. One thing I noticed this year is that the overhead views of the holes are gone. I had paid the $30 fee before the big merger, seems like they screwed us and only gave us a year of the premium. I still get all the yardages but no view of the hole. Wonder what they'll take away next year.
That's why I stopped using them, I used to be a full paid user, and then they changed the structure and wanted more, no thanks!

A good alternative is FunGolf:
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?39602-FunGolf-GPS-iPhone-App-Review

Back