OK, is there ANY driver made today WITHOUT black coating on the face ?!?!??!?!

Classic styling huh.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Knuth High Heat

Isn't that like saying you're the tallest short person? :alien:

No, this one is different than the other SLDR Drivers that you may have tried in the past that lacked forgiveness.

One reason for the SLDR-C's improved forgiveness is its redesigned 460cc clubhead, a different head shape, compared to the original SLDR 460cc and the Silver "S" model.

What was done with the SLDR line is similar to what Titleist did with the D2 & D3 clubhead shapes. Like the Titleist D2, the "C" model is a lower profile head, with a clubface that is wider from heel-to-toe than the original SLDR and the "S" Model. Those earlier models were shaped more like the deeper faced Titleist D3.

Note also that the Slider Mechanism was replaced by a "speed pocket". The C's soleplate design is actually the same design as the SLDR Mini Driver, and like the Mini it is a perfectly balanced clubhead that "wants' to go dead straight.

The SLDR-C also plays true-to-loft, so unlike the original SLDR's, there is no need to "loft up". I went from playing a SLDR 430 Tour-issued head with a loft of 12*, (11.3* actual), to a 9.5* loft on the SLDR-C.

I have played 9.5* Drivers virtually my entire life, so the original SLDR "loft up" models were clearly the exception for me, and not the rule. I'm back to my "normal" 9.5* loft now!

Last edited:
One reason for the improved forgiveness is the SLDR-C's redesigned 460cc clubhead, (different head shape), compared to the original SLDR 460cc and the Silver "S" model. This is similar to what Titleist did with the D2 & D3 shapes. Like the Titleist D2, the "C" model has a lower profile, and a clubface that is wider from heel-to-toe than the original SLDR and the "S", which were shaped more like the deep face Titleist D3.

Note also that the Slider Mechanism was replaced by a "speed pocket", so the C's soleplate design is acutally the same as the SLDR Mini Driver.

The SLDR-C also plays true-to-loft, so unlike the other SLDR's there is no need to "loft up". I went from playing a SLDR 430 Tour issued head with a loft of 12* to a 9.5* loft on the SLDR-C.

I have played 9.5* Drivers for virtually my entire life, so the original SLDR "loft up" models were clearly an exception there, and not the rule.
I am offended you compared the D2 to the SLDR-C, kidding but you might know more about that C model than TaylorMade

Glad you found something you like but it's really not on topic and you don't need to do the justification job on me. Dead horse.

Glad you found something you like but it's really not on topic and you don't need to do the justification job on me. Dead horse.

Actually the post you are referring to was in direct reply to YOUR post since you did not seem to be aware of the differences in SLDR models with your "tallest short person" comment about The SLDR Family's forgiveness. it's not surprising that you wouldn't know the differences since you use Nike, (rather than a TM Driver). but I actually thought you might find the SLDR model differences of interest, since you posted about it...apparently you do not...Got it!

In case someone else should read this and would like to understand the differences in the SLDR models, here is the key point: The SLDR-C is a completely different head than the original SLDR models, and not at all unforgiving. In fact, I would go so far as to say that ANY decent ball striker should be able to hit the "C" very well, and with great consistency.. It's just a very easy-to-hit Driver, despite being part of the SLDR Family which is known for its lack of forgiveness.

Back to topic now...For the OP, please ignore the "punk posting" from TM haters that seems to follow virtually every TM thread these days. YOU may even be interested in checking out the SLDR-C simply simply because it has a SILVER face and sole, rather than black!

sldr c sole.jpg

Last edited:
Actually that post was in direct reply to YOUR post since you did not seem to be aware of the differences in SLDR models with your "tallest short person" comment about SLDR forgiveness. Not surprising since you use the Nike.

Back to topic now.
I think he was just highlighting exactly what you said. and in response to someone saying it was the most forgiving. The original started out so unforgiving and this would make it the most forgiving of one the most unforgiving drives made in the modern 460cc era.

I would second the 545 Srixon though, great driver.

Oh boy, the guy that always has to have the last word. Great.

Thanks for the jab there at the end, really appreciate that tremendous piece of insight into relating club choice to knowledge/awareness.

Glad we could get this back on topic to some products that are recognized by the manufacturers.

Edit: nice edit. Luckily, this is irony at it's finest.

Last edited:
I have now learned that there is a universal "correct loft". Thank you thread.

When it comes to Drivers, SIMPLICITY seems to be TM's strong suit!

This is hilarious. I can't tell if every single one of your responses is satire or if you're actually serious.

Don't feed the trolls boys. He'll just keep digging on his own

Don't feed the trolls boys. He'll just keep digging on his own
63976931.jpg

Skimming through this thread, for a second I thought I was on a different forum, not THP...

I used to have a '14 Big Bertha, and the face wore much better than my current black 915 D2. That said, either doesn't really bother me personally.

Back