Anybody ever try this swing method? MPMIG?

I'll be the first to admit that I looked at a lot of "swing methods" my first couple of years golfing, in order to try and find some consistency.

And I never saw anything even close to this.

If it is any consolation,the purchase video is very well done.One part of the body is moving one way,and the arms are moving another.According to Mr.Ayers,the ball just gets in the way and shoots targetward at an incredible speed.In theory it should work everytime.Like he said "it's a turbo charger" to add to your current swing.Im curious to see how I do with it in my net at home

Since none of us have seen the entire video, perhaps you can video yourself using "the move" so we get a better understanding....?

Since none of us have seen the entire video, perhaps you can video yourself using "the move" so we get a better understanding....?
The tone on this response sounds sarcastic at the minimum.There a lot of videos on YouTube.I just want to know if anyone tried this and it worked for them.Im open to any idea to help me get the ball in the air everytime

The tone on this response sounds sarcastic at the minimum.There a lot of videos on YouTube.I just want to know if anyone tried this and it worked for them.Im open to any idea to help me get the ball in the air everytime

There was no sarcasm in my response... I didn't do any further research into this swing method and the embedded video provided ZERO insight into what exact the swing method is, as others mentioned it seemed like an infomercial. Apologies if I gave the impression I was trying to put you on the spot.

I'd work on flexibility, basic fundamentals, balance, consistency, fitness. All that will result in power. Assuming you're just starting out, power isn't remotely in the fist thing you should really concern yourself with. Having a repeatable swing that hits the ball in the center will result in distance, all without some sort of special technique. Of course you're free to take whereever you want your swing to go and progress, it just seems this type of technique will lead to some sports injury and perhaps bad habits that will be much harder to correct. Power is in your legs and your core, not in your hands anyway.

There was no sarcasm in my response... I didn't do any further research into this swing method and the embedded video provided ZERO insight into what exact the swing method is, as others mentioned it seemed like an infomercial. Apologies if I gave the impression I was trying to put you on the spot.

My apologies to.Im just a little frustrated with golf now and kinda searching for a quick fix.I guess this is a quick fix from the responses I got

My apologies to.Im just a little frustrated with golf now and kinda searching for a quick fix.I guess this is a quick fix from the responses I got

I'm not sure there is such a thing in golf as a quick fix. There may be temporary periods where things sync up, but I think we all go through periods where things don't work right...or just as 1 thing starts clicking and you start scoring well, something else suddenly goes bad. So then you start focusing on that and you might play well for a little bit, but then something else goes wrong.

To me, that's what makes golf such a great game. You never can truly master it and just when you might be ready to give up things click and start working again.

There is no quick fix and golf takes patients. If you don't have patients then it's not the game for you. There is no secret formula, just the right swing and tons of practice. Then there is the rest of game. This swing you want to follow needs hands on instruction. The video only tells a small part of the story. We all started where you are, some worse. Just let it happen and know it will be horrible some days and ok on others until you LEARN the game

Here's Cristo's first lesson with Martin Ayers. I was mistaken about the 8 iron distance, it's actually 170 yards.

At the 4:30 mark of the attached video Cristo explains Martin Ayers swing method.

Seems odd to me but if you decide to try it I hope you have success!

Interesting concept and he points to some greats that seem to have applied these concepts with success. That said, the guy in the video also makes an interesting comment about players trying to apply things they've been taught or heard and then getting so lost they didn't know how to get back to where they were before. I saw a friend of mine that consistently shot in the low 70's go through this by chasing a sub-par score and ended up getting totally lost....to the point that he struggles to break 80 now.

My thought is, swings are like handwriting...everyone does it differently, the only thing that matters is the result.

Wish I never posted this.Trying to do this in my net makes matters even worse.Forgive me for even bringing this on the forum.

Wish I never posted this.Trying to do this in my net makes matters even worse.Forgive me for even bringing this on the forum.
From what I've seen, this doesn't look like something I would invest time in. That being said, NOTHING will have an immediate positive impact. Virtually every swing change you make will make you worse before it makes you better.

From what I've seen, this doesn't look like something I would invest time in. That being said, NOTHING will have an immediate positive impact. Virtually every swing change you make will make you worse before it makes you better.
Thanks wake.Its one of the most humbling hobbies I've ever tried.My promise in 2016 is to not try infomercial stuff like this again

Chip, don't get down on yourself. A lot of us on here have tried a lot of different swings, aids and clubs trying to play better Golf. The fact is unless you have a lot of time, money and have some natural ability, you just have to except the game is hard and you will loss golf balls on the way to becoming better and you will.

I have spent thousands of dollars trying to buy a game (including high end lessons) and still shoot about the same scores and lose golfs balls all the time (not much natural ability). Now age is limiting what I can do with my body but I keep trying and have fun with the process. Everyone has to start somewhere, maybe there is a great Golfer in you just waiting to come out.
If you are young, be happy there is lots of time to get better and enjoy the game. Having played in a few THP Events and seeing a lot of different golfers all with different levels of experience it seems we all make mistakes (usually at the worst times) but we just try to have fun with it no matter what happens or what score we shoot.

Back