Golf Equipment Used for Other Purposes

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
So, I walked out into the garage today and found my wife using a $350 golf shaft to clean out her decorative lanterns that she was putting out as Christmas decorations. I told her, “Did you know that was a $350 golf shaft?” She said, “I was hoping I would finish before you would see.”

I guess she found it useful that it was low torque and stiff tip.

So, I walked out into the garage today and found my wife using a $350 golf shaft to clean out her decorative lanterns that she was putting out as Christmas decorations. I told her, “Did you know that was a $350 golf shaft?” She said, “I was hoping I would finish before you would see.”

But how was the launch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was in high school time I thought that golf is old men sports. I used my dad putter as cane when I sprained my ankle.

But how was the launch?

Probably not optimum, because she was using a negative a of a.

My wife says I'm low torque stiff tip IFYKWIM...:bananadance:

I’ve used a golf ball to rub around the bottom of my foot to ease the pain of plantar fasciitis.
Mowed the grass in old metal cleated golf shoes. Aeration I guess.
Used a putter and wedged it into the track of a sliding glass door so it won’t open.

The smoke detectors in my house go off sometimes when Carol is making dinner. She is a GREAT cook and does not burn food very often but the smoke detectors are set sensitive. I grab a club to shut it off then swing it for a few minutes.

I once played a round where I used every club in the bag to dig ditches. Lol. Have you ever left 4” trenches 6” behind the ball with your driver? Fun day that was.

7 irons work well to break ice.

While living in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada’s in California for 20 years I killed about 15 rattle snakes on our property, mostly with a 6 or 7 iron. It’s one of the many things we don’t miss about California after moving back to Minnesota 6 months ago.:act-up:

Used an iron to scrape ice off the car's windshield one time.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

I’ve bludgeoned a snake or two with an iron, and used old iron shafts to help me nudge things closer for me to grab

an iron is a great way to retrieve toys from under a couch or other piece of furniture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe I recall Elin Nordegren using a golf club for other than it's traditional intended purpose

I believe I recall Elin Nordegren using a golf club for other than it's traditional intended purpose

I was thinking the same thing when I read the posts about irons being used to kill snakes.

I was about to google it when I remembered that was Tigers ex. I was thinking along the lines of this one time at band camp.

I'm a photographer. I don't do this......but I have seen other street portrait photographers attach their off-camera lighting (including stands) to a push-cart. Then walk that thing down the street, stopping to take photographs.

As a kid golf clubs worked really well at cleaning up any dead heads in my moms garden.......or any flower

I don’t recommend it though.

I'm quite adept at using a five iron to get things out of trees..... like Drivers.

Back