2019 Morgan Cup Travel/Extra Rounds Thread #THPMC2019

OITW

Reaction score
With the Teams coming into focus, I think it's time to have the official travel thread up and running.

Please see below for some helpful links:

Official Morgan Cup Thread

The Course

Helpful Travel Links:

Airports:

SAV

HHH

Ferry:

Welcome Center and Embarkation Haig Point

Sponsors:

Cobra Golf

Puma Golf

Thursday Practice Round:

OITW
phoffer
Jdtox
tenputt

12:34pm Palmetto Hall Plantation- Arthur Hills Course $76

Friday Practice Round Pairings:

Group 1 - 9:23am
Acushnetgolf
Dawgfan28
Canadan

Group 2 - 9:30am
Molten
phoffer
93civiccpe

Group 3 - 9:38am
jdtox
OITW
Tenputt
WichitaReject

Group 4 - 10:23am (Hope you guys can make it by then if not the course seems pretty wide open tee time wise so shouldn't be an issue)
BuckNasty
M2Giles
Campilobaxter
BoilerCLE

Last edited:
Travel Itinerary for the Weekend:

Arrive Friday, 3/22 9am to SAV

Depart Monday 3/25 9:45am from SAV

I've booked a Full Size SUV Friday AM - We should be able to get 6 people plus golf bags comfortably - maybe more if we squeeze people in.

I'll be driving over from Athens. Looks like it'll be about 4 hours or so.

Driving from Augusta.

I will probably fly Thursday and stay a night in Savannah, since heading east gets me in late no matter what. I would definitely be interested in coming a day or two early if people want to get a round or two in before we head to Daufuskie Island together.

I will probably fly Thursday and stay a night in Savannah, since heading east gets me in late no matter what. I would definitely be interested in coming a day or two early if people want to get a round or two in before we head to Daufuskie Island together.

I'm thinking about driving over Thursday afternoon. Gotta do birthday lunch with dad no matter what. We have gone to the same place every year for 23 years now.

Obviously details haven't been finalized, but any thoughts on times that we might need to arrive by and/or be done? Trying to see if Friday morning and/or Sunday evening flights would be possible - would like to either come a day early or stay a day late, but might be tough to pull both at that time of year.

OITW - liking your itinerary so far...may join you if I can get the flights to line up.

Oh, and hoping some of you are March Madness fans as well! Probably a pretty jam-packed weekend to catch too much of the Friday/Saturday action, but recapping an amazing weekend at a bar with a cold brew in hand and catching Sunday night's games sounds pretty much like heaven to me!

Obviously details haven't been finalized, but any thoughts on times that we might need to arrive by and/or be done? Trying to see if Friday morning and/or Sunday evening flights would be possible - would like to either come a day early or stay a day late, but might be tough to pull both at that time of year.

OITW - liking your itinerary so far...may join you if I can get the flights to line up.

Oh, and hoping some of you are March Madness fans as well! Probably a pretty jam-packed weekend to catch too much of the Friday/Saturday action, but recapping an amazing weekend at a bar with a cold brew in hand and catching Sunday night's games sounds pretty much like heaven to me!

If you are going to pick one or the other I highly recommend staying sunday and flying out monday. Having to rush after the event to catch a plane is no bueno

second this.

If you are going to pick one or the other I highly recommend staying sunday and flying out monday. Having to rush after the event to catch a plane is no bueno

That's what I was leaning towards and definitely makes sense. I'll take a look at some options and see if I can get it to work out.

I'll have to update this a bit later in the process, as I might spend some time around the event with my dad who has a place down in SC.

Will confirm in the new year, but more than likely spending plenty of time near Haig around the event.

I'm pretty flexible and driving over from Augusta. Will likely drive back after the event. For getting there really depends on how early we can get to the course.

If anyone wants to ride with me or get a round or two in ahead of time in Augusta/Aiken let me know.

I’m likely to fly down early the day before and enjoy some time off. Flight out still questionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't looked at anything yet but I'm thinking of flying in Thursday morning and leaving Monday morning.

I'll most likely be flying in Friday Morning, and flying out Monday morning. Although it's all TBD as I continue to look at travel options.

I'm thinking about the following itinerary:

Arrive Friday, 3/22 12:40 pm to SAV
Depart Monday 3/25 5:35 am from SAV

Cost and timing-wise, this looks like it works the best for me. Flight gets in a little later than I'd originally like on Friday though, so I may hold off on booking the flight down to see if a better option opens up. Happy to carpool or share an Uber with anyone getting in around the same time (or anyone heading to SAV on Sunday night). Would likely get a hotel Sunday night in Savannah for my ridiculously early Monday flight.

Now to spend my afternoon binging on the Cobra website! :drool:

Cost and timing-wise, this looks like it works the best for me. Flight gets in a little later than I'd originally like on Friday though, so I may hold off on booking the flight down to see if a better option opens up. Happy to carpool or share an Uber with anyone getting in around the same time (or anyone heading to SAV on Sunday night). Would likely get a hotel Sunday night in Savannah for my ridiculously early Monday flight.

Now to spend my afternoon binging on the Cobra website!
:drool:

I've been doing that today. I wish they would go ahead and let people build the F9 stuff. I really want to know what shaft options they will have. :blob:

I am leaning toward staying sunday night in Hilton head. Its going to depend on my classes for this semester though.

Do we know what Friday's schedule is going to look like?

Do we know what Friday's schedule is going to look like?
Something awesome. Just plan on awesome!

Edit: oops, didn't realize this was the travel thread. Now I see what you're getting at.

The more I think about it, I think what I'd really like to do is fly Wednesday (arrive either 4ish or 10ish), then stay in Savannah on Wednesday and Thursday nights. That way, we (surely someone will join me :smile:) can play a round somewhere around Savannah on Thursday, and watch the tourney all of Thursday that isn't spent golfing. Nice time to relax and then get some sleep before heading to Daufuskie Friday.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, I think what I'd really like to do is fly Wednesday (arrive either 4ish or 10ish), then stay in Savannah on Wednesday and Thursday nights. That way, we (surely someone will join me :smile:) can play a round somewhere around Savannah on Thursday, and watch the tourney all of Thursday that isn't spent golfing. Nice time to relax and then get some sleep before heading to Daufuskie Friday.

I'm willing to meet up somewhere thursday to watch basketball. I'll be leaving here around 2-3 which would put me in the area around 6-7ish.

I'm coming from Virginia so I'm probably just going to make the drive as that gives more flexibility and time to hang out. Depending on the schedule of events for Friday, I will get in early or late Thursday. I definitely want to get a round in somewhere as it is already cold here so most of my rounds will be on a simulator leading up to the event.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm coming from Virginia so I'm probably just going to make the drive as that gives more flexibility and time to hang out. Depending on the schedule of events for Friday, I will get in early or late Thursday. I definitely want to get a round in somewhere as it is already cold here so most of my rounds will be on a simulator leading up to the event.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What part of VA?

Now to spend my afternoon binging on the Cobra website! :drool:

After further review, I'm definitely going to hold off on booking my flight down there. Would love to get there earlier and maybe get a round in with you all on Friday, so I'll keep an eye on the earlier flights to see if something drops in price or opens up availability wise.

Back