REKS Trivex Color Boosting Lenses Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great write up, might need to try a pair of these. I really struggle with finding balls and seeing them in the air after hitting them with sunglasses on. Maybe these will help with this.

Great write up, might need to try a pair of these. I really struggle with finding balls and seeing them in the air after hitting them with sunglasses on. Maybe these will help with this.

At closer range, they certainly might. They certainly outperformed my pair that cost more than double the price.

Nice writeup Molten. How were they in comparison to the other lenses when looking into the sun around that twilight time when the sun seemingly is right in your face on a par three tee shot?

Very nice write up. I will definitely be getting a pair of these.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Great review.

What frames does everyone prefer? Considering the Sling Blade. The Sport seem a bit large.

Great review Molten. Still not a convert to wearing sunglasses when playing golf, but eventually the right pair may change that. Sounds like these are great options.

I always play in Sunglasses, lighter when it gets late, I only wear the rimless because i find the bottom of the frame to hinder my sight looking down at the ball. I prefer the wrap around style, somewhat akin to Duval

REKS Trivex Color Boosting Lenses Review

Excellent write up Molten! These will be my next pair of sunglasses I think. Was debating between the standard lenses and these, and I’m leaning heavily towards the Trivex.

What frames does everyone prefer? Considering the Sling Blade. The Sport seem a bit large.

Sling blade is my preferred for on the course. No question.

Nice writeup Molten. How were they in comparison to the other lenses when looking into the sun around that twilight time when the sun seemingly is right in your face on a par three tee shot?

Surprisingly good (although not perfect). They have a high amount of transmission so looking directly into the sun was worse than my other, much darker and polarized pairs but I found the REKS better around the green and more comfortable to wear during the whole round. In other words, I took them off less because the lenses didn’t have major drawbacks.

Excellent write up Molten! These will be my next pair of sunglasses I think. Was debating between the standard lenses and these, and I’m leaning heavily towards the Trivex.

There is a small cost difference but the Amber color really makes the course look good. Also, some fantastic driving glasses if that’s helpful.

Nice write-up Molten.

I found out recently that my bifocals (get off my lawn sonny!) create a issue with how I address the ball. Therefore, I'm back to wearing contacts while playing. The Slingblades look good, might have to give them a try this year.

They will send them to you to try at home which is nice. I wanted to get the slings but they were to small for my head. I got wraps in blue polarized and like them better than my $200 "golf specific" frames

I'll be quite candid with this review. They remain my go-to golf and driving sunglasses, although I still wish they had more rubber to stay on my head at times. Amazing for the price.

They will send them to you to try at home which is nice. I wanted to get the slings but they were to small for my head. I got wraps in blue polarized and like them better than my $200 "golf specific" frames

Great customer service, but having issues with the tinting on the Sling Blade prescription lenses. These are a second pair in addition to prescription Sport frames purchased last May. Those were 100% amber tint. But the new solid amber tint are not nearly as dark. Customer service has been excellent, but said they switched labs and the lens colors have changed. They are currently remaking using my Sport frames tint as a guide. I am definitely a believer in REKS, so hopeful the next pair will be darker. They suggested solid brown lenses might be the way to go.

I'll be quite candid with this review. They remain my go-to golf and driving sunglasses, although I still wish they had more rubber to stay on my head at times. Amazing for the price.

I'm guessing you are talking about the slingblades? One of the best parts of my wraps is how light they are but the rubber sticks very well to my nose and (big) head - I have Oaks in Prizm but like these better but would be curious about this new lens

Sling blades on the course, yes. They stay on my face no problem but fall off my hat occasionally.

I purchased a set of Slings with the golf lens a couple weeks ago. I have been wearing Oakley Half Flak's with the Prizm golf lens for a few years but the frame was looking beat up. The Sling is basically the same size as the Half Flak and the lens is every bit as good as the Oakleys for less than half the price of a new set of Half Flak 2.0 with Prizm lens.

REKs1-XL.jpg

Those look nice. I need to see how easy/hard it is to put a prescription in them.

Did you steal those out of my car?! They rarely leave my side.

No, but I freaking loved how that picture turned out from this morning and had to post it haha.

I actually had just ordered a pair with sport frames before seeing this. Love the REKS brand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but I freaking loved how that picture turned out from this morning and had to post it haha.

Indeed. I’ve seen REKS a bit more here and there so their move to take over the world must be working.

I actually had just ordered a pair with sport frames before seeing this. Love the REKS brand...

Great decision - you will love them.

Random question... I noticed that the first set of REKS I ordered didn’t come with a case - just a flimsy cloth bag. Anyone know if you have the option for an actual case when ordering? Don’t recall seeing one...

Back