How many is TOO many?

I normally repair all that I can find, which at my home course is anywhere from 1 to 5.

I try and repair at least 2-3 per green ... probably more when they are in my line of course. It's really sad that no one cares anymore. I've even played with people who just refused to repair them even after THEY made the ball mark. It takes two seconds! I don't get it! I should probably repair more ... but I'm of the thought of speeding up play as much as possible.

I'll try to fix as many as I can while we're on the green as long as I'm not bothering anyone who is putting.

I repair as many as I see. Someone has to take care of the greens.

Any mark I see on my walk to my ball. In the past sometimes it would be 4-5 marks but after spending so much on our new greens people have started taking care of them and it is rare I find a mark that isn't mine now.

I usually fix 1 or 2 but I'm not spending all day fixing the damn things. It is unfortunate tho that there's so many a$$holes out there.

too many people playing today have never been taught good golf course etiquette...they don't fix ball marks, rake bunkers, fill divots and I have seen too many drive carts right up to the edge of the green.

Very true. I fix countless ball marks on every green it seems these days.

I'll repair as many as I can without holding up the group. A number of my usual partners do the same.

I'll repair as many as I can around where my ball is without holding up the group. It's a pet peeve of mine, so it's the first thing I look for walking up to the green.

Nailed it for me. I'll fix as many as I can as long as I don't hold up play.

I'll repair any I see as I am walking around the green. I don't set out with a number, but also don't want to slow down a round fixing ball marks.

I fix a few per green. If I get to the green before other players in my group I fix their ball marks also and vise versa.
Keeps play going instead of having 4 golfers searching for their ball marks.

I repair as many as I can in the area of the green where my ball is. I don't have a number and it depends on how much time I have.

I fix what I see as I am walking on and off the green and around the line of my putt. Generally it is one or two in addition to my mark. People in my area generally seem to do a pretty good job of fixing marks.

Nailed it for me. I'll fix as many as I can as long as I don't hold up play.

I'm the same. Really irks me when I walk up to a green full of lazy people's divots.

I fix at least one per green, even if I do not hit the green.
I like fixing ball marks - certainly more than I put sand in my divots!! (I am a sweeper)

I'll repair as many as I can around where my ball is without holding up the group. It's a pet peeve of mine, so it's the first thing I look for walking up to the green.

Exactly, my method and peeve!

I fix at least one per green, even if I do not hit the green.
I like fixing ball marks - certainly more than I put sand in my divots!! (I am a sweeper)

This made me think. How satisfying is it when you fix a ball mark and the stars align and it turns out perfect? In our dry conditions it doesn't happen every time, but when it does, damn it feels good.

If I'm taking in everything during the round them I will fix at least three per green. In the course of reg play I'll fix a few more beyond mine

I tend to fix others here and there, depending on how much time I have. I have been repairing them incorrectly as well. What I thought was doing a good deed, probably was just making things worse in the long run. ?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

If I see it, I fix it but won't slow up the play

I try to do a couple after doing mine.

I fix mine and try to fix at least one other that is near me or on the line that I am walking to the flag.

Heck, if we all played the same course these greens would be better than Augusta! Same sentiment as most around here. Try to get mine and look for a couple others if/when waiting for others to putt.

Back