Votes: 50 58.1%
  • Career drive crushed down the middle?

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Tall shipping box at your door?

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters
What feels better & why?

What feels better & why?

Draining a long putt hands down for me. The par 3 shot can be a bit of luck in my experience. I've hit some shots that seemed bad off the tee and ended up really close. I've never hit a bad putt from 30' come anywhere close. You have to read the putt and execute really well for a 30' putt to go in. Draining long putts feels better than anything else to me.

30' birdie putt because I just gained a shot after a poor to mediocre approach.

Went with the par 3 tee shot, ( can't beat the feel of a flushed iron shot - especially if you are using buttery feeling forged goodness haha! ) although the 30' birdie putt was a close second! The career crushed drive was there, but it seems like every time I have one of those type drives I inevitably screw the pooch on the next shot - and that REALLY pi$$es me off lol!

i go with the shipping box...who doesnt like some new clubs. asides from my kids nothing puts you in a better mood than getting home and finding that box under the carport.

Hard to beat the thrill of shiny and new!

Tall box at the door because it contains something that will make me always do the other 3 all of the time

tap in birdies are always nice

Birdies. You have to love birdies, any birdie.

Nothing to me is better than throwing a dart. Especially on a par 3. Something about hitting a pure iron shot just gets me all sorts of excited.

Not easy choices, but I've gotta go with the Par 3 shot. Not only is it a good shot, it also guarantees that the next shot will be an easy one.

Having your new clubs arrived at your door!! Nothing better im waiting for mine now

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The par 3 shot is such a great feeling!

Theres nothing like draining a 30 footer for birdie and unnerving your playing partner when there is a beer on the line!

I have yet to receive a tall shipping box (or any shipping box) from THP so I can't judge that excitement level but I would assume it is pretty high. For those I have experienced I chose hitting the par 3 although each is probably at the same level.

I'm gonna go with dropping the long putt for birdie.

Career drive, chicks dig the long ball.

The par 3 shot for birdie because usually on par 3's I'm not making birdies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdies from stiffed approach shots in a bubble, but knowing what I've learned about the variations inherent in greens, and how much of a crapshoot even good greens really are, there's nothing like that "everything is gonna go my way" feeling you get from sinking a few long putts. It's a feeling that even the variables you can't control are working in your favor.

Career drive, chicks dig the long ball.

If they dug fat, old, married guys too I'd be all set with that answer :alien:

4. Is no good since I typically buy "experienced" sticks.

Coin flip between the 2&3. Both are sufficiently rare that it's a big thrill to see it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked par 3 shot. Especially if you have to work the ball to get it close to the pin. Probably most memorable shot I ever hit was an early morning round 2 years ago at local track. 178 yard par 3 with back left pin. A draw is not my natural shot so I'm always nervous of a double cross. Pured a 5 iron to 14 inches, drained the putt. Too bad I was only person on the course. No better feeling for me personally that flushing a mid to long iron. The sound and ball flight are mesmerizing.

Last edited:
Hitting that dart really can put pressure on your competitor.

The 30' birdie putt can change a round. Totally change the direction of the round - at least for me. The tap in would be second. The others are awesome but don't directly lead to a lower score.

A tap in birdie? Who doesn't love that ?

Just tap it in

It's close for me, but it's the par 3 shot for a tap in followed by the 30 footer for birdie. The feeling of a well-struck iron shot gives me confidence for the next shots, but draining a long one sometimes has me like
beaker%20shock_zpswimbgqi4.png

Back