Why Buy New Golf Equipment?

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
If your equipment isn't that old, and if you were fitted for it, what compels you to purchase new equipment?

Love of the game. The thrill to try and do better next time out.

Why Buy New Golf Equipment?

giphy.gif

Why does a dog lick himself?

Why is water wet?

The equipment is just an additional way many of us enjoy golf. It's fun, its shiny, and it gives us an itch and a reason to hit golf balls.

Shiny is fun. Golf is fun. I like shiny golf fun.

Sometimes its because we want something new, better, or just a replacement for something wore out.

Because we're stupid?! :act-up:

It's @Jman's fault, he is an enabler because of his good reviews.

Shiny & brand new duhhhhhh
b10b7755aae42ccd301dd850c4ad10c1.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because old is dumb

A love of new, shiny things.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Because he has the balls to do so? :)
Because he can. I've cooled down on my new gear impulses but I get it.

Part of the hobby I suppose. Getting new toys is always a good time. I realized long ago, that it was impossible to buy a better game. Doesn't stop me from trying though!

Ooooooh, look at that driver!

That's why...

Because I haven't played in 6 years and my clubs before that point were hand me downs or used to begin with!

Part of the hobby I suppose. Getting new toys is always a good time. I realized long ago, that it was impossible to buy a better game. Doesn't stop me from trying though!

I used to do that, not anymore though. Unless it has a real WOW! factor I won't buy.

Fit into better equipment

The only thing holding us back from making $10M/yr on Tour is a set of "perfect" clubs. They're out there...we just have to keep looking for them. I'm 95% sure my next purchase will include a perfect club. Then again, I thought that before my last purchase too. :D

If your equipment isn't that old, and if you were fitted for it, what compels you to purchase new equipment?

It is just fun to try new stuff.

Back