Did I get a good deal?

TidePride50

Reaction score
Handicap
Went to pawn shop today to buy a pistol and came out with a pistol plus a set of golf clubs. Paid $500 for everything you see pictured:

913 Driver 10.5*, 3 Wood 15*, and Hybrid 19*
585H 21* Hybrid
AP1 714 Irons 4-PW
Titleist 56* and 60* Wedges
Scotty Cameron Select Studio Laguna 2 Putter
Sun Mountain c130 Bag

The irons are like new, even had neoprene covers on them, lol. Every thing else I would consider in real good to good condition. All matching headcovers and Titleist grips on everything. What y'all think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1
Absolute steal.

And makes me wonder if whomever sold them to the shop didn't steal them. Wow.

Looks pretty solid to me. What was the gun?

Absolutely!

holy cow, yea you made out like a bandit on those.

Absolute steal.

And makes me wonder if whomever sold them to the shop didn't steal them. Wow.

And I'm unfortunately going to say that's probably the case.

The irons and putter are probably worth close to that amount. That's a great deal

look like a great deal, but i would need to know what gun you where thinking about as well.

Play 'em like you stole 'em, because someone probably did for you to get that deal! LOL.

Obviously the pawn store owner doesn't play golf either!

Sounds like a steal to me. Hopefully they weren't stolen.

Fantastic deal......like someone said the iron and putter are worth that much.

That's a hell of a deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say that is a good deal if the gun had value.

Did I get a good deal?

Glock 27. Never even thought about the possibility of them being stolen. I sure hope not.

RTR '14

Glock 27. Never even thought about the possibility of them being stolen. I sure hope not.

RTR '14

A new Glock 27 goes for about $600 take or give...toss in the clubs...again one sweet deal if they're not hot!

RTR '14
I think I'd hang on to whatever receipt (paperwork) you got from the pawn shop. That was my first thought as well (stolen), but I can also think of 100 other reasons they may have been pawned for cheap (which all boil down to the rightful owner pawning them without knowing anything about them).

Did I get a good deal?

Are you sure you didn't bring the Glock in with you as leverage to get that deal?. Yeah, you made out pretty damn well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW that is a heck of a deal! I would think the putter and irons are worth that alone!
And nice pick up on the Glock! what gen?

That's almost too good to be true. Keep the pistol, bring out the clubs, and keep an eye on the pawnshop. I think this is a stroke of luck for you, but pushing it might take you to the gray area of stolen goods.

The other possibility is that the clubs are fakes, but I'm no expert on Titleists and your picture isn't clear.

Gun was not included in that price.

FWIW, I did spend about 30 minutes talking with the shop owner because it was pouring rain when I got ready to leave. He was an older gentleman (late 60s - early 70s) that is a golfer as well. He said he was going to keep them for himself and even took them golfing this past weekend but said the shafts were too stiff for him, needs graphite shafts. He mentioned that they came in last Thursday from someone, but I didn't get any inclination that he thought it was a shady deal. I've bought a few guns over years at this particular shop. I wouldn't think they'd take shady or stolen goods, from what I've experienced with them anyway.

It's incredibly difficult for someone to use a pawn shop as a fence for stolen goods. There have been safeguards put in place that make it way to easy for all guilty parties to be caught. My fear is that the clubs are counterfeit. There's an incredible number of fake Scotty's out there and pawn shop is a good way to get rid of one. If the clubs are genuine you got a great deal.

Nice!!

I would say for sure stolen or counterfeit merchandise ! Sorry

EDIT:

Do you mind posting some photos?

Last edited:
Gun was not included in that price.

FWIW, I did spend about 30 minutes talking with the shop owner because it was pouring rain when I got ready to leave. He was an older gentleman (late 60s - early 70s) that is a golfer as well. He said he was going to keep them for himself and even took them golfing this past weekend but said the shafts were too stiff for him, needs graphite shafts. He mentioned that they came in last Thursday from someone, but I didn't get any inclination that he thought it was a shady deal. I've bought a few guns over years at this particular shop. I wouldn't think they'd take shady or stolen goods, from what I've experienced with them anyway.

You might want to post some clearer pictures. The guys here at THP can help a bit on checking out if they're legit. I have similar versions of your wedges, and based on your picture, though blurry, the wedges seem okay.

Back