What's the date proposed? It said July on page 1.

Sent from my S6 edge
There is a date conflict with another large event on July. Current thought is one of the last 2 weekends in June. Should have a date nailed down this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

At this point I'm in for anything as long as Harvester is one of the courses which appears to be the case so far. Honey Creek was a fun course last year except we were all too tired to play anything that looked like golf so I wouldn't mind another shot at it.

It's the original option 1 and 3. This option 2 and 2A replace the original option 2. There is a Groupon out for Honey Creek Golf Club in Boone Iowa. It's an amazing value. We have played it before. Then Coldwater Creek in Ames is a links style course.

Coldwater sounds fun, I vote 2a again!!!

There is a date conflict with another large event on July. Current thought is one of the last 2 weekends in June. Should have a date nailed down this weekend.

Cool that would work for me most likely. My birthday is on the 22nd of June, so could be a birthday road trip. Its only around 19 hours, lol. My buddy is also interested if the date works out and there are spots open.

If things move to June, I'll probably be out, unfortunately. Especially if it's the 4th weekend, as that's my youngest daughters birthday weekend.

Cool that would work for me most likely. My birthday is on the 22nd of June, so could be a birthday road trip. Its only around 19 hours, lol. My buddy is also interested if the date works out and there are spots open.
There's always spots open, love to have you all in IA!

I hope it is the last week of June. If not I will be coming back from Florida that Saturday. If it is that weekend I might try to drive back Sunday for Harvester.

Ack! This is why putting unofficial outings together sucks (I don't know this - making a reasonable assumption at this point, I think). I see a number of folks able to make certain dates, and a number of others where the dates won't work out. It's me spending time in a dream world, I know, but it would be great if there was a weekend that worked for everyone. It'd be great to see the repeat participants, just as it'd be great to welcome those who haven't been able to join the fun in prior years.

Wedge & Rock. I don't envy you in trying to set things up to get as many folks as possible. Thank you, though, for trying to fit this in. I plan on attending if the dates work out. If they don't, I do understand, and I'll be sure to check in on the fun (since you suckers better be posting updates during the weekend).

Ack! This is why putting unofficial outings together sucks (I don't know this - making a reasonable assumption at this point, I think). I see a number of folks able to make certain dates, and a number of others where the dates won't work out. It's me spending time in a dream world, I know, but it would be great if there was a weekend that worked for everyone. It'd be great to see the repeat participants, just as it'd be great to welcome those who haven't been able to join the fun in prior years.

Wedge & Rock. I don't envy you in trying to set things up to get as many folks as possible. Thank you, though, for trying to fit this in. I plan on attending if the dates work out. If they don't, I do understand, and I'll be sure to check in on the fun (since you suckers better be posting updates during the weekend).
Agreed buddy, thank you Wedge and Rock, whatever the final plan ends up being and whomever is able to attend, it'll be one heck of a fun time for sure!

Remember that time I bought a putter and Dots at Menards in Davenport on my way to an Iowa event?! Or the time I got an ACE?! Iowa has been great for my golf game I tell ya! Well at least the fun factor...Not so much score wise! :) So many cool pictures throughout the years..... Need to get this thing PACKED for 2016!

Remember that time I bought a putter and Dots at Menards in Davenport on my way to an Iowa event?! Or the time I got an ACE?! Iowa has been great for my golf game I tell ya! Well at least the fun factor...Not so much score wise! :) So many cool pictures throughout the years..... Need to get this thing PACKED for 2016!

Dude... Those shorts...

Kidding of course. I remember that stop. First, into Menards for some snacks and soda, then Hartmann made a parking lot deal for a Scotty with Jrod.

I wanna know where I lost those sunglasses....

Dude... Those shorts...

Kidding of course. I remember that stop. First, into Menards for some snacks and soda, then Hartmann made a parking lot deal for a Scotty with Jrod.

I bought a putter that weekend as well. If I am remembering right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As promised a date has been picked for Iowa 2016. With the popularity of the Honey Creek groupon. It is an amazing offer for $25. It is a limited groupon so I suggest buying quickly if that option is voted on. Those that used it last year will attest to that. We will list the 2 most popular options.

Date: June 25/26 2016

Saturday AM - Alternate shot
Saturday PM - Best Ball
Sunday - Scramble

Option #2A - 18 holes Saturday Honey Creek. $25 (with groupon)
18 holes Saturday Coldwater Creek $50
18 holes Sunday at The Harvester $79
Lodging in Ankeny TBD (less than 150)

Option #3 - 36 Holes on Saturday at the Harvester $160
18 Holes on Sunday at The Harvester $79
Lodging at The Harvester $150

Please let us know if you can attend that weekend in June. Also please pick your favorite of the 2 options.

That date makes me a big maybe. I might be doing my daughter's birthday that weekend, but won't know until closer. I know you can't make it work for everyone, so no hard feelings here, and I hope you all have a great time.

That date makes me a big maybe. I might be doing my daughter's birthday that weekend, but won't know until closer. I know you can't make it work for everyone, so no hard feelings here, and I hope you all have a great time.
We certainly hope you can make it. However the little secret is we are planning a Fall Iowa 2016 as well for those that can't make this event.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this time as that's the weekend of my youngest daughters birthday.
Hopefully the Fall option works out for me.

Dates are good for me and I'll take option 2A

As promised a date has been picked for Iowa 2016. With the popularity of the Honey Creek groupon. It is an amazing offer for $25. It is a limited groupon so I suggest buying quickly if that option is voted on. Those that used it last year will attest to that. We will list the 2 most popular options.

Date: June 25/26 2016

Saturday AM - Alternate shot
Saturday PM - Best Ball
Sunday - Scramble

Option #2A - 18 holes Saturday Honey Creek. $25 (with groupon)
18 holes Saturday Coldwater Creek $50
18 holes Sunday at The Harvester $79
Lodging in Ankeny TBD (less than 150)

Option #3 - 36 Holes on Saturday at the Harvester $160
18 Holes on Sunday at The Harvester $79
Lodging at The Harvester $150

Please let us know if you can attend that weekend in June. Also please pick your favorite of the 2 options.
Dates work for me, I vote 2a!

Works for me and 2a as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2A works for me

UGH family wedding the 25th. Would make the 26th I think. Option 2A.

Oh man Iowa twice this year

Those dates make this near impossible for me as both my sister and one of my nieces have their birthdays right around there (22nd and 24th). I'm not ruling it out, but it doesn't look good for me.

I know you all will have fun! And thanks to Wedge and Rock for organizing everything, I know it's not easy!

Back