TaylorMade M2 Irons Preview

I have been doing some research and was planning to hit the PSI's along with a few other irons. There doesn't seem to be too much love for the PSI's in this thread. Reasons why? Do you think I'd be better off hitting the M2?

I've hit both and I enjoyed the PSi irons more. The M2 irons are beefy, high launching monsters. However I saw similar distances in the PSi irons and that head shape is a lot more pleasing to my eye.

I've hit both and I enjoyed the PSi irons more. The M2 irons are beefy, high launching monsters. However I saw similar distances in the PSi irons and that head shape is a lot more pleasing to my eye.
They sure look beefy at address!

Thanks for the responses. The reason I was leaning towards the PSI's was due to the face slots that the RSI had and it seemed to rate well in performance/forgiveness. Is the face slot technology legit? You'd think if it was they'd put it in the M2. I'll definately be hitting both clubs on a launch monitor, first time getting fit for clubs. What is it that you guys value the most when looking at the stats on the monitor?

Wow I would have thought the M2 irons would be much longer since there is a
big difference in lofts ?? I guess mileage may vary from player to player ..

And that loft is not the only determining factor in length.

I got a set of these on a demo today and played nine in a 15-20 mph wind, man this hit a high ball. With Stock XP95 shafts the ball flight was twice as high as the APEX pro 16 and into the wind it seemed to climb and stop then drop. Down wind I hit a PW from 140 yds and flew the green. Going to play them in the morning when it is calm and see what happens. Just stupid easy to hit though.

I was in there to try and figure out which shaft would be best for me and hit everything they had in the CF16 and the CTL S was the best dispersion but the XP 95 was the longest which was still not very long 7 iron right around 150. Then he handed me the M2 and said just hit it.

1st swing was 10 yards longer with the XP95 shaft and straight as an arrow, hit 5 more and got up to 175 and straight. Even though I am not a TM guy the proof was on the sim, now as I said I hit moon balls off the grass today with the wind so it will remain to be seen what happens tomorrow. Could be the Tour Model might be just right. It is a huge departure from the APEX pro 16, but I may have had a eye opening experience that I am old and need help......

Finally got on a launch monitor with these . I also have a chance to hit the c200 irons and as a base line my Rsi 1 irons.
I heard some good things about the c200 and was surprised to see my local Golftown had some lefty demo irons .
They felt fairly soft but was I was inconsistent with contact with them.

The M2 were really a nice surprise , not to big just a touch larger than the rsi 1 irons ,I also thought they would be harsh feeling but not the case at all , pleasant crisp feel .
The are long , about a club longer 8-10 yards than my rsi 1 & c200 irons . Now that maybe due to the stronger lofts, but here is the kicker for me... M2 had a higher peak height ,a tough more spin than the other two irons as well as a steeper decent angle . The most forgiving iron , easiest to hit of the 3 irons .
Over all I glad I ordered these sticks should be in these week in time for my winter vacation to Palm Springs.

Finally got on a launch monitor with these . I also have a chance to hit the c200 irons and as a base line my Rsi 1 irons.
I heard some good things about the c200 and was surprised to see my local Golftown had some lefty demo irons .
They felt fairly soft but was I was inconsistent with contact with them.

The M2 were really a nice surprise , not to big just a touch larger than the rsi 1 irons ,I also thought they would be harsh feeling but not the case at all , pleasant crisp feel .
The are long , about a club longer 8-10 yards than my rsi 1 & c200 irons . Now that maybe due to the stronger lofts, but here is the kicker for me... M2 had a higher peak height ,a tough more spin than the other two irons as well as a steeper decent angle . The most forgiving iron , easiest to hit of the 3 irons .
Over all I glad I ordered these sticks should be in these week in time for my winter vacation to Palm Springs.

Wow that is very interesting to hear, especially compared to the RSI1. Would have thought these would have spun less and launched lower. Still think I'm going to wait for the Tour, but might have to give the regulars a look.

I hit these last Thursday at a demo day with Xman and really liked them. The shaft was too light but they seemed easy to hit. They brought back memories of the burner 2.0s that I played for a few years. Definitely pondering these irons as the next set.

I hit these last Thursday at a demo day with Xman and really liked them. The shaft was too light but they seemed easy to hit. They brought back memories of the burner 2.0s that I played for a few years. Definitely pondering these irons as the next set.

I love that people are comparing these to the 2.0s. I need to try these out.

My custom order lefty M2 irons came in today,,ahh they look great. Won't be able to hit them till Sunday when we touch down in Palm Springs .. can't wait !!
gb

I tried the 7 iron out today. I liked the feel and the look. I also wish I knew if these numbers were any good or not. I will say I was in dress shoes and the first time swinging a club in 3 months. I plan on putting these against the c200 in Iowa city since golf Galaxy didn't carry Wilson clubs.
033d05d302e01c58322efad424b47822.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit an M2 9 iron on the launch monitor at Roger Dunns today, it had a stock stiff graphite shaft in it. I hit several off the toe around 135 to 140 carry but when I finally hit the middle of the face It was 158 carry 162 total distance. With my RSI 2 irons with Aerotech i95 shafts 145 is about as good as it gets with the 9 when I hit it flush. Didn't hit any of the other irons just grabbed what was sitting there.. Crazy length but not a big fan of the chunkier looking clubs although they are probably better suited to my game.

I think I need these.

Hi, some pics compare psi with m2 tour... Ummmm

2e4dzxd.jpg

svo01g.jpg

PSI/M2 TOUR

14u9oy1.jpg

r70gg1.jpg

281930i.jpg

Cant wait to try out the tours. Only a few more weeks before they are available I believe.

Cant wait to try out the tours. Only a few more weeks before they are available I believe.
You and the Tours would be silly. Plain silly.

Is it me, or do the tours look smaller in that picture than the Psi irons? If so, the current iron line (once those are released) confuses me.

You and the Tours would be silly. Plain silly.

I hope so. Its like the Burner 2.0's and the speedblades had a baby, and produced this one, but maybe slightly smaller in profile. Which would be amazing. Once Carl's has the full set I will be giving them a serious workout. I would never buy an iron set just hitting the 6 or 7 iron. I care way too much about how the lower irons feel/respond etc.

Is it me, or do the tours look smaller in that picture than the Psi irons? If so, the current iron line (once those are released) confuses me.

Agree with you. They look more similar than i would have thought. Thought the M2 Tours would look more like the RSI1's, or like an RSI1.5. I think TM is basically just moving on from the PSI's though, except for the Tours.

Is there a release date for the tours? I notice they haven't gone up for preorder on TM's site yet.

18 march

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

Tested a Taylormade M2 7 iron

Tested a Taylormade M2 7 iron

Went to Golf Galaxy yesterday to have a set of irons swing weight checked. While that was being done I went and hit a Taylormade M2 7 iron. Hit a Titleist 716 7 iron first to warm up with and then the TM M2 7 iron. Wow, what a positive result in impact feel, launch being higher and the increase in distance. I want to go back again and give e them another go. Very impresses.

Don't get me wrong, still LOVE my Cobra King F6 irons and not thinking of replacing them, but WOW on that M2 7 iron.

Well I made a big mistake today, I hit the M2 Tour irons on the range. WOW WOW WOW, these are a fun iron to hit. They seem to have the same level of forgiveness as the Apex CF16's though they were longer (for me). The CF16's win in the feel department, all day however. For those looking to save a few hundred bucks or for TM loyalists these could be a solid option, I came away very impressed.

Back