How do you feel about strangers hitting your equipment?

With permission, no problems. The scenario the OP described where he said no and the person snuck it out of his bag and hit...well I think that's going into getting your ass kicked territory...

Same boat as others, if you ask then I have no problem.. I just ask that they have life insurance for their family in the event something happens. Perfectly reasonable question, I feel.

Never had to worry about anyone actually skying or breaking anything either. THP'ers just know what they're doing a little more than others.

I've never let a stranger use my clubs. THPers and everyone else can swing away.

I could care less. If there is a club in my bag someone wants to hit they can. If a sky mark happens it happens, not a big deal. Clubs can always be replaced.

Strangers, no dice for any clubs that could be damaged. THPers or other people whose game I know and trust, have at it.

I don't ask, and I'm not really keen on the idea. Depends on who I guess.

A complete stranger?....NO WAY.....hesitant even with some playing partners because one time (and that's all it took), one asked to try out my new (first round with it) 3 wood and he put a big sky mark on it....and then said opps

If it's a THP'r, any time any place. In my regular group also. My bag is your bag.

Lots of people saying THPer = No problem and I tend to agree. It's worth pointing out that signing up for a THP account hardly renders somebody a beacon of moral uprightness. There have been multiple accounts of one THPer damaging another THPers clubs with no restitution or admission.

I will lend my stuff out to anyone but it comes with a warning: damage it and you bought it. I learned the hard way that nobody can be trusted.

I had the same thing happen. Just got my brand new Firesole driver and within a week a random dude I was paired with asked to hit it and I said sure. Huge sky mark. I've never seen one before or since that epic. He hands me back the club and says "feels great!"

Nowadays I'll let a THP'er try any club in my bag cause without fail every one I've met is a good golfer and classy dude. My hacker work homies can hit any club in my bag as long as it's an iron.

This thread has reminded me of two forgotten instances of acquaintances hitting my gear.

1. A friend snapped my Apex 5i shaft in half on his downswing. I gave him a load of grief and had Callaway fix me up. Still not sure why it snapped under the grip.

2. My Big Bertha hybrid is on loan to a fellow I met at the course and played a few rounds with. I hope he likes the club and I really hope he didn't move, that was 6+ months ago.

I don't really mind anyone hitting my clubs as long as they take responsability for any damage

Don't mind one bit as there is so little out there in Left Handed demo clubs that if I'm playing with a leftie and he wants to try something in my bag then by all means go for it.

My bag is open to anyone interested. It usually sparks equipment talk and I'll always talk equipment. Issues happen but as long as the person is genuinely interested and respectful, never a problem.

The funny part about that is I'm always hesitant to hit someone else's club. I would certainly replace a club if I damaged it, but the day is still probably ruined for the owner...and for me (I would feel horrible).

Back