2019 WGC - Dell Technologies Match Play

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last year's winner was Bubba Watson. Should be a great event this year.

I generally enjoy this event, but really wish they would do this later in the year. Seems like it loses a ton of luster just after The Players and right before Augusta.

I'll be in Austin next week. Really wish my trip was this week so I could go out and watch especially since Tiger is playing this year.

Couldn't manage to get down there this year but I'm guessing the course will be in fantastic shape as it was last year. Such a fun layout. Gonna be weird to see Jordan not as a 1 or 2 seed!

I love match play events.

I created a quick bracket league on PGAtour.com

Group: THP
Password: Hackers

Please use your thp screen name for your entry that way we can all follow along!

Done....Thanks. Brackets are always fun to try.

The match play is fun and I am looking forward to the event!

Tiger and match play. Going to be a great weekend (or 1st day lol)

I am volunteering again this year. Spent yesterday moving Cadillac Escalades around and delivering them to players. Also have shifts on Wednesday and Saturday, going Thursday just to spectate. Will be my first time to see Tiger.

I am volunteering again this year. Spent yesterday moving Cadillac Escalades around and delivering them to players. Also have shifts on Wednesday and Saturday, going Thursday just to spectate. Will be my first time to see Tiger.

giphy.gif

Please use your thp screen name for your entry that way we can all follow along!
I'm in. It looks like we can't fill out the brackets until tonight sometime.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Group 9 looks low key good (Xander, Rafa, Hatton, Westy). There are going to be some really interesting matches there.

Group 12 is loaded wow.... Day, Mickelson, Stenson & Furyk

Group 12 is loaded wow.... Day, Mickelson, Stenson & Furyk

Furyk is really playing well. Unfortunately Stenson has been terrible over the last few months. He's playing worse than Spieth.

Actually like Spieth’s draw w/ Watson, Horschel & Na....Na might actually be the favorite there. LOL

D2iVEuFX4AAXzV6.jpg:large

lol @ group 13. Snedeker plays quick and Cantlay takes forever.

Different fantasy strategy for this year's event. Going with a guaranteed 2 of 16 advancing. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Very pleased with my selections, didn't even look at the bracket (new strategy), and happy how it turned out. 10 guys, 10 groups, with only 2 possibly facing off in the RD of 16 if they advance!

I love match play events, so I'm looking forward to this one. Groups 14 & 15 should be fun to watch - - Poulter is a match play guru, and I'm curious to see if Spieth can regain any sort of form in Austin.

My screenname just came up as "puttnfool". I had to add the OG here because someone created my username in 2011 and never used it.

Like these Match play events... which there were more throughout the season

Back