The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

Looks like amputation is an option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three days of gorgeous golf courses and memories being made.

Edit: #TeamAJ
Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Don't forget I'll be there to encourage and mock the participants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Make no mistake, this is my ball marker

0fa087dd09af88ac80e0023b1d7d0a2d.jpg

Horrible injury from my new grip. This is going to keep me out 4 to 6 hours.
b9a5faaa195a3b0202c32d8dc990f0b0.jpg

#DryHandsandtoomuchGauntletPrep

So he is already giving us the finger?

f66575418db1e38ff2b8b5c6801dec2d.jpg

Practice round with #Cookie, TexasHacker34, and Nate. Nice day but no range before the round.

Practice round with #Cookie, TexasHacker34, and Nate. Nice day but no range before the round.

That's some good company there! Enjoy that and just know I'm pretty jealous.

That looks like quite a group! Good #Gauntlet prep, I am sure - lots of experienced players there.

The rain stopped so I get some prep I. Today.
f3fcc89e2b506db4cd05af2e40b0481e.jpg

That looks like quite a group! Good #Gauntlet prep, I am sure - lots of experienced players there.

We had a great time. Scores were not the best, but neither were the conditions. 20-30 mph wind and boggy conditions after all the rain this week. But good #TheGauntlet prep.

We had a great time. Scores were not the best, but neither were the conditions. 20-30 mph wind and boggy conditions after all the rain this week. But good #TheGauntlet prep.

Cart path only made it a challenge too. But sun was out and company was good!

Lot of prep for me today - Hit a bunch of balls at the range today, pretty much through the bag. Played yesterday and was all over the place, so I wanted to get my swing back to a place I could trust it. Probably a 1/3 of the balls I hit were partial wedges, since I can tell when things are going south there better than anything.

By the end of the session I was hitting the ball better than I have in a long time - it's funny how effortless the swing feels when you get everything synced up. Going to try to get back at it midweek, since we've got a bunch of rain coming in.

Shot an 80 today with a 44 on the front and a 36 on the back. It was a great round.

dad73746234aea166aeef5c43a4af404.jpg

This hole was fun today. Only a little over 100 yards, but dead into a 30 mph wind. We were 1 for 4 keeping a ball dry. Unfortunately, I was in the majority.

30 mph and 100 I would try a knock down 9i there I think

I tried a knock down 7 and pulled it left.

Tough break bigtex

Tough break bigtex

Had same shot over water from about 130 on the previous hole with the wind quartering in. Hit it dead on line just a little short, but below the hole.

One thing I think I did figure out today is I think I am going to order some Apex irons. Been getting better numbers on the sim, and I am ballooning some iron shots with the irons I have. Really shows up on days like today.

dad73746234aea166aeef5c43a4af404.jpg

This hole was fun today. Only a little over 100 yards, but dead into a 30 mph wind. We were 1 for 4 keeping a ball dry. Unfortunately, I was in the majority.

That's a tough shot. Played a shot into a big wind yesterday and got too much of it - ended up with a 110 yard 7i that just fell out of the air.

Got some range time in to figure out my nasty slice. Left the range hitting it dead straight and long. Need some game time now. #TeamJRod

Been working on something fun for this and I'll get it up tomorrow.

I wish it wasn't so soaking wet here. I need to get the range and get some practice in.

I was able to get 4 prep rounds in last week. Probably will play again tomorrow before some bad weather rolls in later in the week. I'm trying to play as many rounds as possible to shake off the winter rust as fast as possible.

Back