Bushnell NEO Ghost GPS Preview

I used this for the first time today and really enjoyed it. I clipped it to the scorecard holder on my Clicgear. It stayed in place without incident and was super easy to use. It did take a handful of minutes to locate the course, but no big deal. I used it right out of the box without charging it and it ran out of juice after 14 holes. Easy fix. Aside from the ease of use I also liked was getting distances from unusual spots on the course where my line of site would have been blocked for the laser. Lastly, I liked how the distance to the center of the green encouraged better club selection for my current skill level vs getting a number to the flag, which I should not be trying for right now.

I used one last season and really liked it. I prefer a rangefinder, but wanted a gps that I didn't need to purchase maps for and was basic in terms of function. I didn't need lots of bells and whistles. I use it for marking distances and more on courses other than my home course.

It does take a few minutes to load up, but that's pretty minor. I clip it to the strap on my push cart and just take the whole thing clip/gps if I need to walk off some where. It does it's job well. Front/middle/back distances and hazard distances as well. the battery life is pretty impressive. I have played 3 rounds without charging, but if your rounds are long it probably won't make it through three full rounds. I'll usually charge it after two rounds to be safe.

It's a great option for those who want a watch style gps but don't like to wear watches.

Very poor experience

Very poor experience

I purchased a Bushnell Neo Ghost one month ago. Firstly the device was not preloaded as advertised. I needed to load myself. My local course is listed as available and" loaded " yet I am unable to receive a signal. I emailed Bushnell customer service who referred me to IGolf, their "technical partner".I emailed IGolf who in return requested various details and readings from my device ( four emails) all of which I supplied. It is now over 3 weeks since my last communication and I have given up in disgust. The Neo Ghost does receive a signal on nearby courses however on one course, it gives outdated hole and layout information. This particular course was altered four years ago. Apparantly This "service" has not been updated for at least four years. My playing companions using other golf range finders (not bushnells) on the same courses have no problems. I regret buying the device.

A bit late to the party on this one. Picked one up over the winter, and it has been my primary distance measuring device this year so fall.

Small enough to keep in your pocket, so that is where it usually sits for me. Notice from time to time that the unit needs a couple seconds to catch up on the proper yardage. Not the end of the world, just need to take a second every so often.

The main issue I was having early on, was the device randomly shutting itself off. I would get through 5 or 6 holes, and then poof GPS was off. This was a bit of a pain, since it takes a minute or two to power back on, get signal, load the course, and then get going again. A quick check online showed that it was probably just the auto-off function on the device. Sure enough, as soon as that was deactivated, it was staying on for the entirety of a round.

For the past 4 years or so, I was using a Bushnell Medallist rangefinder. It is still in the bag, but through about 8 or 9 rounds this year, I have only shot a couple distances with it. The Neo Ghost has firmly found it's place for me. Small, lightweight, giving me all the info I need. On the definite plus side, I haven't needed to load any additional courses for use up here. When I had my Neo X watch, I needed to load every single course I played up here, which was a bit of an endeavor.

The only thing I might possibly change would be adding a lanyard or a clip on the belt clip, so I could attach it a little easier. It usually just ends up making it's way around the course in my pocket.

I would whole heartedly recommend the device if you are looking for a tiny cost effective GPS. Completely fits the bill for me!

A bit late to the party on this one. Picked one up over the winter, and it has been my primary distance measuring device this year so fall.

Small enough to keep in your pocket, so that is where it usually sits for me. Notice from time to time that the unit needs a couple seconds to catch up on the proper yardage. Not the end of the world, just need to take a second every so often.

The main issue I was having early on, was the device randomly shutting itself off. I would get through 5 or 6 holes, and then poof GPS was off. This was a bit of a pain, since it takes a minute or two to power back on, get signal, load the course, and then get going again. A quick check online showed that it was probably just the auto-off function on the device. Sure enough, as soon as that was deactivated, it was staying on for the entirety of a round.

For the past 4 years or so, I was using a Bushnell Medallist rangefinder. It is still in the bag, but through about 8 or 9 rounds this year, I have only shot a couple distances with it. The Neo Ghost has firmly found it's place for me. Small, lightweight, giving me all the info I need. On the definite plus side, I haven't needed to load any additional courses for use up here. When I had my Neo X watch, I needed to load every single course I played up here, which was a bit of an endeavor.

The only thing I might possibly change would be adding a lanyard or a clip on the belt clip, so I could attach it a little easier. It usually just ends up making it's way around the course in my pocket.

I would whole heartedly recommend the device if you are looking for a tiny cost effective GPS. Completely fits the bill for me!

My Bushnell Yardage Pro XCG+ shuts off all the time as well. I've disabled the auto off but it still does it. Finally gave up on it.

Picked up one of these today at Costco for $79. Very simple and effective GPS and easily clips on my bag.

I've used this for a couple rounds now and it is very easy to use. I basically clip it on my bag and the yardage is always immediately visible. I still use my Leupold to get exact yardage to the flag but I can see this being very useful on courses I haven't played before.

Last edited:
Very much considering grabbing 5 of these for my golf team.

Very much considering grabbing 5 of these for my golf team.

I've used it for 3 rounds at 3 different courses and so far so good. I've had a laser rangefinder since they first came out 20 years ago have not been a fan of the lack of accuracy of GPS devices for golf in the past. I still use my Leopold to get exact distances and that also allows me to check the accuracy of the Neo Ghost. The accuracy of this device for front, middle, back has been within a few yards on 53 of the 54 holes I've used it on. On one hole at my home course the back yardage to the 16th green was off by about 8-10 yards. Distances to hazards are not as accurate or consistent at the green yardages but it's accuracy still is within about 6 yards, plenty good for those of us who don't play for a living. So far I'm very impressed with the ease of use, very legible display, and battery life. It's a nice supplement to my rangefinder and will prove even more useful when I get it to courses I haven't played before.

I received one of these for Christmas and used it today. I really like it and found it to be very accurate.

I might buy one of these, they are only $50 now

I might buy one of these, they are only $50 now

Noticed that in the past couple of weeks.
I don't carry a gps anymore as I use a laser but always found it nice to turn a gps on and leave it attached to my bag for a random distance calculation. I've found phone app gps to be a pain. Might pull the trigger as well.

I bought one of these and have used it multiple times. I love it. I store it in my back pocket or left pocket and hardly notice it. It's accurate, fast and quick to refresh, and super easy to use.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Have used mine for prolly 15 rounds plis 18 weeks of golf league and it has never let me down! Works in mexico too!

My wife and I each have one. Very easy to use. With a big price drop it my be on its way out.

I have used one my wife bought me along with my Rangefinder for about 10 rounds now. The distances are very accurate, the updates are relatively simple, it is very useful when I'm at a new course and when the flag is blocked by trees or I'm standing in a bunker. The only con I find (could be my unit) is the battery life estimation is wild, sometimes i'd use it for 2 rounds and it still say 80% and then by the time I use it the next time it says 15%.

If I'm forced to choose one I would always choose my rangefinder but I will miss the occasions where I can't see the green and wish I had a GPS unit instead of guessing.

I really think at the price they are now I'm going to grab 5-10 for our boys and girls golf teams to put onto bags once we complete our last fundraiser.

Thought I had posted this. I want to attach to the bag. The plastic fastener looks frail. What do you folks use to attach to the bag. Thanks

Thought I had posted this. I want to attach to the bag. The plastic fastener looks frail. What do you folks use to attach to the bag. Thanks

I just put it in my pocket. The belt clip should work, but you could always use Velcro stuck to the back of the neo.

Thanks

Hello, I own a neo ghost, but I erased erroneously all the files from my device. Can someone make me a screenshot of the contents of the device on windows?

Thank you

Back