Bushnell NEO Ghost GPS Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Continually serving the demand for quality golf distance measuring devices, Bushnell announced the launch of its new NEO Ghost GPS Rangefinder, rounding out its robust collection of offerings to serve and assist golf enthusiasts of all levels on the course.

The NEO Ghost comes preloaded with more than 30,000 courses and provides simple measurements to the front, center and back distances of the green - along with up to four hazard/layup distances per hole. Additional features include auto course and auto hole recognition, shot distance calculator and long battery life (play three rounds before charging). Using a multifunctional clip that allows for increased accessibility and convenience during play, the NEO Ghost can be worn on the golfer's body or easily attached to a bag.

"Several features excite us about the NEO Ghost, most importantly the high-quality technology we are able to pack into such a small, lightweight GPS rangefinder," said Scott Peterson, Senior Product Manager at Bushnell. "The NEO Ghost provides golfers with the critical distance information they need, while offering the convenience and reliability they are accustomed to from our Golf GPS products."

Bushnell's latest Golf GPS innovation joins the NEO XS, which is the lightest, thinnest GPS watch rangefinder in golf.

The NEO Ghost is offered in four colors - black, charcoal, neon green and white - and will be available at retail in mid-February for $129.99.

Bushnell, the #1 choice of professional golfers, offers a full range of rangefinders, which continue to change and improve the way golfers assess distances, ultimately improving performance.

Decent price for all the functionality that it provides. Being in the market for a golf type of watch, I'll be checking this one out for sure.

Sounds like they added the clip and a few extra hazards per hole along with some watch colors. Glad to see the price staying about the same, solid investment.

Man I just can't imagine using any gps other than a watch these days.

The Ghost is cheaper priced than my new Neo XS that I just got a few weeks ago, I have found that the only time I got to use it that it was correct within 1 yard of the laser rangefinder, so I'm very satisfied with my Bushnell products.

Cool. I'll be checking this one out for sure at that price point.

Was wondering about the clip ... do you wear it on your hat? Or does the clip attach to your belt? I guess you could clip it on your golf bag or attach it to the golf cart (if you ride), but people who are used to wearing gps watches might not be too keen on this type of design.

Pleased to see that every course near me in East uk is included. Might have to seriously look into one of these.

The Neo xs as been on the radar and the price point if this is awesome...som serious consideration will need to be done as I have a ponder on another brand right now.

I'm going to be all over this, I think. I left my NEO X in a cart and, unsurprisingly, it didn't find its way back to me.

I haven't done any research but how long between charges? The price is very attractive. It would be nice not to have to keep pulling something out of my pocket or take the chance of forgetting it in the cart.

Me too!!!
The Neo xs as been on the radar and the price point if this is awesome...som serious consideration will need to be done as I have a ponder on another brand right now.

I don't like to wear any kind of watch when I play, so something like the Ghost is exactly what I want. I would keep it in a cup holder or other area in the cart, even have it attached to the roof arm, for quick reference when I arrive at my ball. This price point is right in my wheel house too!

For more info on battery-life, functionality, size, etc, watch the video on their page. http://www.bushnellgolf.com/gps/neo-ghost.aspx#!prettyPhoto

Anybody else pick one of these up yet? I got mine in the mail yesterday and I can't get it to connect to the GPS. I've tried setting the time/date by GPS and going to my locally course and selecting Play Golf, but each time it just shows it is searching for a signal. I've let it run 10+ minutes on multiple occasions with no luck.

Wondering if I just got a bad unit or if the whole product is no good...

yeah I would contact customer service on that one. Think its a defective unit.

I keep pondering a GPS unit... I have a rangefinder, but the convenience of a GPS would be worth it IMO. I don't want a watch because I already wear a Fitbit and that's just too much mass to add. Been looking at a GPS with a screen (Garmin G3 or G6) but this one is appealing. It has some hazards (Golf Buddy doesn't) and I could always use my phone for course layout when I play a new course. I'm anxious to hear some hand-on thoughts on this one!

I have been pondering the same Garmins. And this lil gps shows up.
I keep pondering a GPS unit... I have a rangefinder, but the convenience of a GPS would be worth it IMO. I don't want a watch because I already wear a Fitbit and that's just too much mass to add. Been looking at a GPS with a screen (Garmin G3 or G6) but this one is appealing. It has some hazards (Golf Buddy doesn't) and I could always use my phone for course layout when I play a new course. I'm anxious to hear some hand-on thoughts on this one!

This looks like a great unit. Many people do not like to wear watches when they play so this may be a good unit to look at. Small, simple to use and the price is right.

I'm getting really close to pulling the trigger on one of these... anyone had hands-on yet? Opinions?

Just ordered one. Once I get a couple rounds in I'll post a review

My wife bought one. Today we took it to the club and guess what. It could not find the course. I spent some time today on the internet and after about an hour, I am not sure I was able to properly down load / sync the software. We will find out tomorrow. If it still does not sync, it goes back.

I hate stuff that does not work out of the box!

I bought one today as well; couldn't pass up the discounted price. Can't play for another week but I may drive by a couple of courses to see if it recognizes them. I was able to hook it up to be able to download courses but it appears my local courses should be on the device.

I agree with you, hate stuff that doesn't work as advertised so I am hoping I have better luck.

Tried it again today after making sure the course was downloaded. It did not work at two out of three courses. Returned to the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my travels this morning, I drove to a couple of courses and it found them all after about 1-2 minutes of syncing with the satellite. When I told it to "play golf" it displayed the sync with satellite graphic and then displayed the closest courses. The first attempt was when I was still about half a mile from the course and the others were while I was in the parking lot. After the courses were listed, I selected the one I wanted and then it loaded to the first hole with distances. Pressing the select button showed me the 4 closest hazards. I didn't have to download any of the courses to the unit.

Eager to get out to play so I can try it out. Seems like it is going to provide the information I was hoping.

Back