Mizuno ST190 Fairway Woods - THP Review

True. But I’m sure you’re hitting from nice plush fairways. Hitting off bare dirt under trees and out of fairway bunkers tend to promote wear. LOL.
Hefner, Earlywine, and even Trosper were always nicer fairways than what I typically play here. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha, none of those, I play.

Oh I’m sorry. I thought you were from OKC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I picked this one up with a 65g Atmos black shaft in it at 15 degrees. Absolute bomber and straight as an arrow.

@Canadan would love this setup.

I picked this one up with a 65g Atmos black shaft in it at 15 degrees. Absolute bomber and straight as an arrow.

@Canadan would love this setup.

I think it would be fun with the Black in it, but I will say, the Blue has been a pleasant surprise for me given my Atmos track record.

Tell me all about it!!!

Im typically a high spin / launch / flight player, but with the black shaft in 65 gram, it yeilds a nice mid/low flight. But with the deep face its a killer off the tee, and one of, if not the easiest 3 wood ive hit off the deck. Ive intentionally tried to hit some off the toe and heel to see forgiveness and its not too forgiving off the heel, but what is. Off the toe, i find it has more forgiveness than the m2 tour and g400 i used in the past.

If you're down in SC anytime, let me know. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

I think it would be fun with the Black in it, but I will say, the Blue has been a pleasant surprise for me given my Atmos track record.

The blue feels solid, but for me was ballooning on me, and just a tad high in flight. The black corrected that issue and gave the desired flight for me.
That's the beauty of golf, what works for me may not be right for you and vise versa.

Loving the g driver and recently hit the Ts fairway wood. It was delofted 2 degrees (didn’t know at the time) and was hitting it really long and was flying farther off the deck than the tee. The atmos black 70 shaft was too soft. So pissed they don’t offer an x in this. The other stock options don’t fit my swing. Hope your listening Mizuno. Love my 60x Atmos Black TS in driver.

I have to say, this one has impressed me. Sadly, still no data because I’ve not had time or weather to set up for a session yet, but the eye test has been pleasing.

Much more forgiving than I anticipated as I’ve lived on the heel a bit but not seen the terrifying gear effect there I’ve seen in other reviews of fairways I’ve done. Additionally, it wants to LAUNCH from the fairway and the deck and I wasn’t fully expecting that TBH.

Distance has been ample, maybe not the longest I’ve hit, but I’m betting when I get data eventually it’s not going to be as low spin as the TEE or even my M5, with that though it might just be more versatile.

I’m starting to fall into the camp of this being one very much worth the while of those who CAN find them to GO and hit them.

It’s data day! Lets gooooooooooooooo!

Looking forward to this!!!

I’m curious, and hopefully I can put a good move on the ball today. If I can, I’ll grab some numbers compared to my gamer too just for conversations sake and not the actual formal review.

I’m still looking for a new fw so it will be interesting to see the data for launch etc. I struggle with launch off the deck so this is perhaps one to try out.

I’m still looking for a new fw so it will be interesting to see the data for launch etc. I struggle with launch off the deck so this is perhaps one to try out.

Unlike Jman, I cannot provide you with launch data. But, I can say that for years, I've struggled to find a fairway wood I would actually hit off the deck and get decent height. It got so bad that I strongly considered switching to a 2 hybrid. Since receiving my ST190 3 & 5 woods a few weeks ago, that is no longer an issue. Have every shot I've hit been perfect with them? Absolutely not. However, I have found them stupid easy to launch off the turf and absolutely love them. They're both good off the tee, as well, though I have to be careful not to hit heavy draws with them off the tee.

Some 150’s ball speeds with sub 3k spin out here...

Some.

Swings still rusty.

Back