2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've slacked the last couple weeks so hit it light, nice one mile run bench and curls.

Time to get back at now I'm feeling better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh. My fever was gone this morning so I am in the gym tonight. It's a grind right. Really dragging my arse.

Ugh. My fever was gone this morning so I am in the gym tonight. It's a grind right. Really dragging my arse.
Get it done, sir.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

How does he not agree with it? He said in the seminar he's totally ok with doing what works for you
Because I didn't lead out of the hole with my chest.

Not the best workout yesterday. My back started hurting again after squats, which made my press suffer, and I didn't give my pull downs the effort I should have.

I don't know what I'm doing with my squats to make my back hurt, but was trying to air squat to figure it out and when I had my elbows up, it hurt, but no arms it felt good. Is it possible that shoving my elbows back is stretching my back too far and causing the pain? At this rate, I'm close to giving up squats for a week or two to see if it heals up, because having a sore back all the time isn't fun.

Not the best workout yesterday. My back started hurting again after squats, which made my press suffer, and I didn't give my pull downs the effort I should have.

I don't know what I'm doing with my squats to make my back hurt, but was trying to air squat to figure it out and when I had my elbows up, it hurt, but no arms it felt good. Is it possible that shoving my elbows back is stretching my back too far and causing the pain? At this rate, I'm close to giving up squats for a week or two to see if it heals up, because having a sore back all the time isn't fun.
Same spot?

Might be elbows. Instead of up and back, go thumbs over but squeeze them into your sides.

Evok posted a two and a half hour video of Greg Nuckols talking squat. Now, I don't agree with everything in that video, but the grip talk is pretty good. Just try to keep thumbs over the bar.

Same spot?

Might be elbows. Instead of up and back, go thumbs over but squeeze them into your sides.

Evok posted a two and a half hour video of Greg Nuckols talking squat. Now, I don't agree with everything in that video, but the grip talk is pretty good. Just try to keep thumbs over the bar.
Same spot, and I started watching that video before kids interrupted. I'll try to find the grip talk and will try the elbows in next time I squat.

Because I didn't lead out of the hole with my chest.
Well maybe but that's just your cue. I thought we were talking form, I don't think he'd disagree with what you do. Looks pretty good

Same spot, and I started watching that video before kids interrupted. I'll try to find the grip talk and will try the elbows in next time I squat.
I think the grip stuff was around the 30min mark

Well maybe but that's just your cue. I thought we were talking form, I don't think he'd disagree with what you do. Looks pretty good
You are correct, it is just a cue. The Squat Morning is a concern of the Starting Strength model. It gets addressed frequently on their forum and with lifters. From my time coaching a few people, I find that hips up not knees back stops that from happening. Nuckols explanation about hips coming up with no work done is 100% correct.

You are correct, it is just a cue. The Squat Morning is a concern of the Starting Strength model. It gets addressed frequently on their forum and with lifters. From my time coaching a few people, I find that hips up not knees back stops that from happening. Nuckols explanation about hips coming up with no work done is 100% correct.
I'm on the same page btw with the cue. My buddy ingrained "hips" in me so I dont follow a chest cue either.

I had a heck of a workout today. Everything went smooth and I felt great through the who workout. Warmed up on bench while the racks were busy put up 160x12(1rep max 229)without a spotter, so there's a 10lb gain. Back and Shoulders @ 5x5

Deads @295(70% max) went smooth and probably could have down another 2 sets. Really worked on keeping the hips down, seemed to make the first lift easier.
OH Press@90

BB rows, shrugs, DB rows, Lat pull downs, elbow tap planks, hanging hollow holds, hanging knee raises, Landmine twist, push-ups and pike planks.

I had a heck of a workout today. Everything went smooth and I felt great through the who workout. Warmed up on bench while the racks were busy put up 160x12(1rep max 229)without a spotter, so there's a 10lb gain. Back and Shoulders @ 5x5

Deads @295(70% max) went smooth and probably could have down another 2 sets. Really worked on keeping the hips down, seemed to make the first lift easier.
OH Press@90

BB rows, shrugs, DB rows, Lat pull downs, elbow tap planks, hanging hollow holds, hanging knee raises, Landmine twist, push-ups and pike planks.

What calculator are you using brotha? Mine has you pulling 420lbs and benching 175. 420 is a freaking huge number at 185 and 229 vs 175 for bench quite the difference lol

2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

What calculator are you using brotha? Mine has you pulling 420lbs and benching 175. 420 is a freaking huge number at 185 and 229 vs 175 for bench quite the difference lol

Bodybuilding.com first one up on a Google search, and 420 is what I'm at on deads, using the same calculator

I'd hope 175 wasn't my max as I've done sets higher than that.

Soooo my wife got the "22 Minute Hard Corp" DVD's from Beach Body. It's a two month, 6 days a week workout program. Sounds like I'm going to start that officially, on Sunday.

Bodybuilding.com first one up on a Google search, and 420 is what I'm at on deads, using the same calculator

Hmm I wonder if mine is off then lol it's the 1rm for android. They must use a different formula or something. 420 is like 2.3x our weight, thats pretty beast! Nice work

Hmm I wonder if mine is off then lol it's the 1rm for android. They must use a different formula or something. 420 is like 2.3x our weight, thats pretty beast! Nice work

Idk how they would figure 160x12 would only equate to 175lbs. Not that it truly matters. I like it especially for bench because I never have a spotter and I don't like putting a lot of weight above my head. And thanks about the deads, I like to think it's the constant lifting as a kid on the farm to lifting daily at work has lead to the strong back. My goal near goal is 450. I don't know at what point I should look at straps, if they help, but I haven't needed them yet. I really can see 1000lbs in the near future.

e1rms aren't super accurate. The formula I have found to be closest to accurate is Jim Wendler's.

Weight lifted x Reps Completed x. 0333 + Weight Lifted = e1rm

Idk how they would figure 160x12 would only equate to 175lbs. Not that it truly matters. I like it especially for bench because I never have a spotter and I don't like putting a lot of weight above my head. And thanks about the deads, I like to think it's the constant lifting as a kid on the farm to lifting daily at work has lead to the strong back. My goal near goal is 450. I don't know at what point I should look at straps, if they help, but I haven't needed them yet. I really can see 1000lbs in the near future.

Yeah I honestly have no idea how it's calculated. Ive heard it's less accurate the more reps involved so that could be it. I use them with a grain of salt of course. Id certainly be happy with 1000lbs lol

Yeah I honestly have no idea how it's calculated. Ive heard it's less accurate the more reps involved so that could be it. I use them with a grain of salt of course. Id certainly be happy with 1000lbs lol

Me too. It's nice for figuring what percentage I need. I'm not doing competitive lifting so it's cool with me. And hey if it helps with a mental hurdle or makes you feel good about how much you can lift, that's all that really matters. Because at the end of the day, if something doesn't make you happy, you're probably not going to keep doing it.

Note to self, if you push yourself on ohp do not jump straight to the bench and try to push yourself again. Really solid workout though.

T25 is a step better than Insanity for me. I like I don't spend more than 30 mins as I get disinterested and incorporated with my runs I am seeing great results.

T25 is a step better than Insanity for me. I like I don't spend more than 30 mins as I get disinterested and incorporated with my runs I am seeing great results.
T25 is a great workout system. I had really good results from it... In only twenty-five minutes a day... Starting now. :alien:

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back