What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played the Srixon z star for the first time. I really liked this ball. Thought it was really good around the green for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callaway Chrome Soft.
Finally lost the ball that I had played for 29 holes.
Really nice all around ball - cannot ask for more. I finally got one to spin back a few feet, with PW. Mid irons did not have too much roll out on approach shots today.
It also looked pretty good after the number of holes I had played!

Callaway Chrome Soft.
Finally lost the ball that I had played for 29 holes.
Really nice all around ball - cannot ask for more. I finally got one to spin back a few feet, with PW. Mid irons did not have too much roll out on approach shots today.
It also looked pretty good after the number of holes I had played!

I would like to try the new Chrome Soft, but the Snell MTB just keeps delivering,
so I keep ordering.

What I like the most about the Snell MTB is that when I really compress the ball it won't spins back 5-10 feet. That ball just hits and stops which I like.

At $31.99, with free shipping, it is a steal for that quality of a ball.

Put the Supersoft back in play today. How I missed it. Felt much better than the Nike RZN Black i was gaming this past month.

I would like to try the new Chrome Soft, but the Snell MTB just keeps delivering,
so I keep ordering.

What I like the most about the Snell MTB is that when I really compress the ball it won't spins back 5-10 feet. That ball just hits and stops which I like.

You are correct - great price for a great ball. GD just did a ranking of balls, Snell is the best bang for the buck.

b330s was damn good again today. sad to say i lost 2 balls, and scuffed a 3rd pretty bad on a cart path. the best shot i hit all day was a flushed iron shot and distance was spot on if maybe even a little long. do i'm not really concerned about distance. in fact, i hit some really long iron shots today when i caught them. and off the driver it's freaking perfect.

I played the B330-RX yesterday and while it was solid I think I need to give the RXS a shot. The RX I played lasted 2 rounds and is now in the shag bag after hitting a cart path on hole 11.

2016 B330 RX and it was a monster off the tee today. Including one of the longest drives I have ever hit in my life

How long?

Dont know. Its a course I play all of the time and its all carry as there is no roll. I am normally even with the right side fairway bunker from these tees. I was close to 30 yards past it and I knew when I hit it I just nuked it.

2016 B330 RX and it was a monster off the tee today. Including one of the longest drives I have ever hit in my life

Was this the GBB or the XXIO?

Played the proto version of DuoU. Very impressed with spin off irons and around the green on chips. Off fairway woods on the tee it felt soft but not too soft

Project A. Distance was really solid for cold temps and I think this ball stops as well as any premium ball on approach shots. Yes it has a giant seam, but I think for the price the performance is excellent.

New Chrome Soft today, cold (46 degrees) windy (15-20) It handled the wind pretty well, I really like the way this ball checks up on the green. Also like the way it feels off the putter. Good chance this will be the ball for the rest of the year. Going to play the B-330 RX again tomorrow.

Was this the GBB or the XXIO?

GBB. The XXIO is my shorter driver, so extreme distances are not going to come from that, as its cut to 3 wood length.

Still hanging with the old model Srixon Z Star. Every approach shot stopped next to or drew back a couple inches from the pitch mark. This was with 7i through LW. A 3w from 221 held the green. The greens were a little soft, but still. Durability is excellent.

so I keep ordering.

I have heard of Snell but never checked into it until now. It seems like a pretty good deal to try out with free shipping. What ball would you compare the MTB to?

I played 18 with the 2016 B330-RX. The thing I noticed is it seemed to get better as the temp rose. It was 38 when I started and 54 when I finished my round. It is good off the tee and love the way it feels off the putter. I want to play this ball when it gets into the 80's and see how it plays. Can't seem to get it to check as well as the Chrome soft but that is just me.

Tried the 2016 B330-RXS today and switched back to the RX after about 10 holes.

What differences did you notice between the two?

The RXS seemed harder to me and didn't check up on greens any better than the RX did. I'll definitely be sticking with the RX from here on out!

Played the 2016 B330S. I love the softer cover on the new version. It's a very solid ball, but I think I'd enjoy the RX even more, because as of right now I would take the 2016 chrome soft over the B330S. Need to do a better head to head comparison.

Played the round yesterday with the original chromesoft in colder temperatures.

Very good winter ball. Solid off the tee and was hopping and stopping pretty good for me yesterday.

Kept this ball going for another 18 after the round last week. Ball keeps performing for me, the weather is colder now, but when it warms up I am seriously considering the new Chrome Soft for a warm weather ball.

Kept this ball going for another 18 after the round last week. Ball keeps performing for me, the weather is colder now, but when it warms up I am seriously considering the new Chrome Soft for a warm weather ball.
The ChromeSoft has been a very solid "winter" ball for me, too. If you think winter = 75-85* F temps.

I started a 9 hole round with the Pro V1 and played it for two holes. Switched to a Srixon Z Star XV, then played the last three holes with the Duo U.... I REALLY like the Duo U the best! Feels great, goes as far as anything else I've played this winter, and is priced pretty good. I can see me playing the U this summer when it gets hot here and it really flying!!!

Back