I can buy 12 used golfballs for a dollar at the thrift store!

ThriftshopGuy

Reaction score
Handicap
I spent 28 dollars and bought 336 old beater balls. I bought a old driver for a dollar too at the same thrift shop. Has anyone else on here has bought golf balls for this cheap?

I spent 28 dollars and bought 336 old beater balls. I bought a old driver for a dollar too at the same thrift shop. Has anyone else on here has bought golf balls for this cheap?
Lol that's awesome

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not me, but I’m a believer in the modern tech a bit. Hope you enjoy them though. Nice find.

Welcome to THP, if you hang around here long you will have brand new clubs and some expensive balls you did not know you needed.

Hey, you can’t beat a good thrift store find.

My best find was 2 Scratch wedges for $2 apiece. Brought them home and gave them a file/sand/polish and sold them for $50 apiece.

I’d be a little hesitant to take the golf balls out on the course, but I hope you have fun with them!

If I lived in a more rural area, I'd buy beater balls and hit them out into the desert or in a lake. That is, if I lived next to the open desert or on a lake.

Two years ago Home Depot had new balls (they were cheap distance balls) that they clearanced out at .98 a dozen. I had visions of buying a pallet of balls as I drove to the store, but someone had beat me to it. At that price they were about the same price as range balls (that you’d only “rent”).

Good for you. I occassionally take a look when I am at a Goodwill dropping off. Havent found any treasure yet but sometimes the fun is in the looking. I did find a Peter Millar polo once. And a quarter zip with a cool embrodiery.

My wife's grandfather's favorite hobby is buying stuff he doesn't need for ridiculously low prices at the auction. He recently bought a pallet of Muffins he can't eat because they were a dollar.

A couple of years ago he bought a Tupperware bucket of balls for a a few bucks. I did manage to pull out a few usable balls but the majority were brown and ancient. I thanked him, he asks me all the time about them and I always say I haven't used them all yet, I desperately don't want him to bring me more.

I once went to a yard sale and got a bucket of nice nearly new golf balls, mixed brands, for $1. Fellow lived off the course, they were hit into his yard.

Welcome to THP, if you hang around here long you will have brand new clubs and some expensive balls you did not know you needed.

Hahahahaha! So true!

My latest golf driver was a old spalding and it lasted maybe a month before smashed the head off of it today when trying to hit a ball in the dirt and weeds in the woods. My clubs that i buy for a dollar each, last about a few weeks at most. Maybe a month?

Back