TaylorMade OS Putters

Any thoughts on them Xavier?

Any thoughts on them Xavier?

Yeah. For one I gravitated more to the mallet. It was easy to line up and felt solid. Its stock at 34.5". Foot print though was LARGE, But gaming a Cure im ok with that. I think the milled insert felt really good. Don't know if it's any different than last years milled insert but it felt great and put a good end over end roll one the ball. Insert did span almost heel to toe so off center hits weren't as penalizing. This was the 1st TM putter since maybe the Ghost Manta that I could easily purchase.

Yeah. For one I gravitated more to the mallet. It was easy to line up and felt solid. Its stock at 34.5". Foot print though was LARGE, But gaming a Cure im ok with that. I think the milled insert felt really good. Don't know if it's any different than last years milled insert but it felt great and put a good end over end roll one the ball. Insert did span almost heel to toe so off center hits weren't as penalizing. This was the 1st TM putter since maybe the Ghost Manta that I could easily purchase.
Good stuff dude, I need to find somewhere to roll these. Edwin Watts and Golfsmith local do not have them in stock.

Good stuff dude, I need to find somewhere to roll these. Edwin Watts and Golfsmith local do not have them in stock.

I saw them at the PGA SS. Went in to grab a Pistol GT SS grip and saw these. Had to give them a roll.

As a huge fan of the Spider for years, I was very disappointed in the OS Spider. I felt it was very cheap feeling and not solid at all. I was holding out on buying a new putter until these came out. I guess I need to keep looking.

By the way, the DLL+ still felt and
performed better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In contrast I never warmed to the DLL spider , I really liked the feel and look & roll of the os spider . Rolled it briefly
in store and loved the results . I would certainly have to roll it on grass to get a real flavor for it .
gb

I hate any TM putter that is white. Their paint chips so easily compared to that of any Odyssey line of white painted putters.

Got the CB OS spider in 34.5, love the feel and weight, it rolls fine on birdieball green. Will test on real grass soon.

Recently had a chance to roll the os spider on really greens. Milled face is nice and feels soft. Really liked the whole package roll ,feel , distance control and looks. Another thing Tm through in this year was a nice little shelf for a lack of better words at the back between the wings for picking balls up instead of reaching down to grab your ball ,unless of course you hole everything,:smile-big: It knock my Spider SI out of the bag.
gb

Havent seen the OS Spider anywhere! If I had, I probably would have bought it.

Havent seen the OS Spider anywhere! If I had, I probably would have bought it.
Could come to Canada, WE. They're everywhere haha.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Could come to Canada, WE. They're everywhere haha.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I have a strict "dont go to cold places" rule.

The mid mallet does indeed look pretty good from the top. Colors are slick too

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen the OS spider either. But the OS CB has been sitting in the back of my head, just relaxing there!

Love the feel of the putter connecting and rolling the ball. I rolled it for two weeks, on birdieball greens and real turf. Dialed down the distance really well, it goes shorter than I expect but this is the first CB putter I played with so maybe it's common. I don't think TM advertised it much but the alignment aid on it is very much dead center of the ball, just like the Cleveland 2135 raised alignment sights.

Overall, it has solidified its position as the starter putter for medium/fast greens.

Back