Big Old Shovel 18*-22* 4 Iron

DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am looking for a big old shovel super GI iron to use mainly as a tee club. Love my Hot Metals, but the 4 iron is too small for my game and I already have a hybrid. I have looked at a Rogue X. Anyone experienced with that set? Any other recommendations and quick reviews would be greatly appreciated. I don't like the G Crossover things that Ping makes.

I am looking for a big old shovel super GI iron to use mainly as a tee club. Love my Hot Metals, but the 4 iron is too small for my game and I already have a hybrid. I have looked at a Rogue X. Anyone experienced with that set? Any other recommendations and quick reviews would be greatly appreciated. I don't like the G Crossover things that Ping makes.

Not a BIG ole shovel. But, Cobra F9

Find a Ping G30 4 iron. Have you trued a Srixon U85 utility 4 iron? Plenty big and forgiving.

Find a Ping G30 4 iron. Have you trued a Srixon U85 utility 4 iron? Plenty big and forgiving.

LOL! I think it would be similar sized to a Hot Metal.

Cobra F max
Or Callaway Big Bertha.

They are super chunky irons.

Hybrids are more forgiving. I use that or a Mizuno hi-fli mmc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you go read the Cobra F9 irons thread, you will see a landslide of gushing over the F9 4 iron. It has been an absolute game changer for me, and the great thing is that even though it is the easiest long iron I have ever hit, while still yielding incredible numbers, it is not a big old shovel.

ping g-max is about as shovely as it gets

Ping G Crossover??

This is what I was going to post. The G400 crossover is very chunky, but easy to hit

You should read the last sentence in the OP.

If you want a larger head, the GAPR Mid is pretty large. If you want performance, I’d go F9 with the shaft of choice. Real long, real straight.

You should read the last sentence in the OP.

Aaaa a good early morning skim. Guess I’m ready for THP today

Thanks for the responses. One thing for sure I want a bigger head than my Hot Metal so that rules out a few of these options and I do not want another hybrid. I only need 1 hybrid.

Thinking on some more research on the F9. With a One Length shaft that might be exactly what I am kind of looking for.

Thanks for the responses. One thing for sure I want a bigger head than my Hot Metal so that rules out a few of these options and I do not want another hybrid. I only need 1 hybrid.

Thinking on some more research on the F9. With a One Length shaft that might be exactly what I am kind of looking for.
The F9 4-iron with a graphite shaft has been a weapon for me off the tee as well and my feedback is captured in the thread

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If you want a G30, 4I, LMK. Cover shipping and it's yours.

Ping G700 4-iron.

I think I have a J15 cast 4i you can have. I’ll check tonight if you want it

The old Callaway XR OS can be had from pretty cheap, and have a lot of real estate on the face, as do the Cobra King OS.

As for ones that I've hit. My BIL has wilson D350 irons that are super chunky, there is a 4iron in that set that is 19*. I only hit the 6, but it was very user-friendly

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back