suggestions for a New Wedge

claycribbs

Fear the Dolphin Swag!
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok guys. I just got my new Ping G15s and it came with 4-pw. Now I have no club in between my PW and my 60. So I'm planning on getting a new 54* sand Wedge. I have 4 clubs that I am considering.
1. Vokey
2. Cleveland CG15
3. Taylormade XFT
4. Ping Tour-W
Which ones would you guys think I should get. I'm going to hit all 4 but I just wanted some more opinions.

I'd lean towards the CG15, but the XFT would be a close second. I'd have to hit them side-by-side to see which was better.

I have a CG14 56 degree and a CG15 52 Degree. I can tell you that I am simply in love with my CG14, I feel like from 85 yards and in I can pull off anything. Still getting to know my CG15. It's smooth for sure, hardly feel it touch the ball, but just something different that I can't put my finger on. I only use it from 90 to 105, but may look for a CG14 as a replacement.

Srixon makes fabulous wedges, and because most go with cleveland, they are relatively cheap

Maybe look at a niblick? Not sure if you have a need for it but after taking mine to the course for the first time today and figuring out exactly where in my stance to play the ball, I love the club. It may not fit your needs based on you wanting a 54* though.

I'm a big fan of the Vokey's. In addition to their playability I just like the way they set up.

i really like my Z-TP's and they are a bit cheaper than the xft you have in your list.

i had CG15's and just didnt get on with them..

you really need to try a few and see which work. a fitting would be good to ensure you get the correct bounce and set up with regards to yardages to fill your gaps.

Check out the wedge shootout on the home page as well as the OEM testing thread. Your head will explode from all the info!

Ok guys. I just got my new Ping G15s and it came with 4-pw. Now I have no club in between my PW and my 60. So I'm planning on getting a new 54* sand Wedge. I have 4 clubs that I am considering.
1. Vokey
2. Cleveland CG15
3. Taylormade XFT
4. Ping Tour-W
Which ones would you guys think I should get. I'm going to hit all 4 but I just wanted some more opinions.

I have to ask. WHat made you choose these four? Have you hit them? Marketing? Popularity? I would definitely check out the OEM Kevin wedge thread. He just got to hit basically every wedge from the 2010 line and pick his favorites.

I game the Cleveland CG14's and can't say enough good about them. No BS they have made my short game deadly.

Jb. I've hit all 4 and love them all. I was just getting some other feedback.

1. Cleveland
2.Taylormade Xft
This is my opinion but the ping or vokey might be better for you

The xft, not only do they play amazing but it will be cheaper than all of the others after a while because the replacement face is only like forty bucks depending on where you get them

Back