What Kind Of Car Do You Drive Thread

They are a ton of fun to drive.It's like driving a race go cart. Handles like rails

I haven't had the pleasure of driving a new Mini, but I can tell you that the old ones are a freakin blast to drive!

Fella that I used to do a lot of side work for had a 69 that was pristine, and he let me go ripping around in it for a while. I'd be in trouble in one, I thought I was in a video game. Way too fun!

There's a fella on one of the local forums, that's in the process of shoehorning a V-Tec into a 68. I wonder now if he ever finished that? It'd sure be cool...

That's what I said about my TDI Jetta. I hit a raccoon with the thing (which has NOTHING to do with VW quality directly) going 75mph. Total damage? $5500 and it spent 6 weeks in the shop waiting for parts! Wiped out the whole lower front end. Sheesh!!

But... got it back from that and with 15,000 miles on it the clutch goes kaflooey! I take it in- Verdict: Clutch plate has more-or-less disintegrated taking out the pressure plate and several other parts. Total bill- $3000+ and it's NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY because this is a normal wear item.

WHA?!?!

I exploded!!! :angry:

Outcome- another month in the shop "waiting parts" and awaiting a decision from people up the chain of command. They reluctantly agreed to pay for the whole thing at last, but the service manager explained they were having problems everywhere with the TDI clutches grenading because they were using the same clutch in the diesel they put in the gas car and he diesel produces something like twice the torque. The clutches were unable to take handle the power for long.

ANYWAY- after having the car for less than a year, it had spent nearly 3 months in the shop and had nearly $9000 worth of work done because of a faulty design problem, and an 8-lb raccoon.

That car went to Ebay IMMEDIATELY when I got it back!! Never again.

3000 grand for a clutch!? are you kidding me? New one in my VR6 cost $300 ( I installed it so no labor) I have heard some real horror stories about VW dealer service. thankfully I am able to do the majority of work on my cars myself. My GTI had 220,000 miles on it when i sold it and it never left me stranded.

Spoiler
I should have married a dentist. Or maybe a dermatologist.

Mom always told you to do that. You just didn't listen. :laugh:

I've got a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT with the "super cab" and the stepside bed. It's alright. My next car will be one of these two:

Porsche Boxster S (roughly $56k)
normal.jpg

or

Ceyenne Turbo S (roughly $125k)
normal.jpg

I drove a cayenne turbo on a rather "spirited" test drive. holy crap! while I dont think I could ever justify that much money for a suv...if I suddenly had the need for one I could possibly talk myself into it.

Here's mine, a 2007 Ford Mustang:

Mustang1s.jpg

Planning to add a 2nd vehicle possibly later this year, leaning towards either a 2010 Ford Fusion, 2010 Mercury Milan,
2010FusionFront.jpg
2010MilanFront.jpg

or 2010 Lincoln MKZ (if I can slip it past my fiance!)
2010LincolnMKZ.jpg

Thats one of my favorites Bogey.

I've been a Porsche fan for years. My uncle has an '86 944 that I love and have always loved. I've only been allowed to back it out of the drive way but I always loved riding in that car.

I drove a cayenne turbo on a rather "spirited" test drive. holy crap! while I dont think I could ever justify that much money for a suv...if I suddenly had the need for one I could possibly talk myself into it.

Lucky. I would love to test drive one but I'm sure I know what they would be thinking if a 20-something walked into the show room and wanted to test drive one. My first MAJOR promotion or lottery win I'm buying me a Porsche.

My daily is an 05 Toyota 4Runner V8 Limited 4x4. My wife's daily is an 04 Honda CRV. And my fun car is currently under the knife as the recipient of a fresh rebuild with forged internals, and a new Boss Jr 60-1 turbo, among other goodies. She should lay 450-500hp to the wheels when I get her back in two or three weeks.

1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

supra12.JPG

IMG_3323.JPG

Ben

Lucky. I would love to test drive one but I'm sure I know what they would be thinking if a 20-something walked into the show room and wanted to test drive one. My first MAJOR promotion or lottery win I'm buying me a Porsche.

One of my former clients owns a vw/audi/porsche dealership. One of the perks was being able to take out just about any car on the lot.

Dent's New Ride

Dent's New Ride

Hey Dent, I found you a new ride. You better hurry and buy it though.

!BSDePo!B2k~$(KGrHgoOKjIEjlLmWpluBKBLzqnu8!~~_12.JPG

Porsche 911 Twin Turbo

0-60 in 2.98 seconds. :alien2:

One of my former clients owns a vw/audi/porsche dealership. One of the perks was being able to take out just about any car on the lot.

Great perk. :good:

Mom always told you to do that. You just didn't listen. :laugh:

I've got a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT with the "super cab" and the stepside bed. It's alright. My next car will be one of these two:

Porsche Boxster S (roughly $56k)
normal.jpg

or

Ceyenne Turbo S (roughly $125k)
normal.jpg

i rented a Cayenne Turbo when i went to Vegas last year. that thing was a joy to drive. it drove just like a sports car but was big, roomy, and comfortable. and the exhaust sounded awesome. i had it for 4 days

Here's mine, a 2007 Ford Mustang:

Mustang1s.jpg

Planning to add a 2nd vehicle possibly later this year, leaning towards either a 2010 Ford Fusion, 2010 Mercury Milan,
2010FusionFront.jpg
2010MilanFront.jpg

or 2010 Lincoln MKZ (if I can slip it past my fiance!)
2010LincolnMKZ.jpg

Osahar, not sure if you can answer this or don't answer if you don't feel comfortable, but how much of a discount do you get at Ford for working there?

I don't mind telling. Hell, everyone in the country could buy at true employee price a little while back anyways.

A-Plan (Employee) will vary a little depending on model, but it's basically invoice minus holdback and advertising assesments. So on a bare-bones Focus, you're looking at maybe $800 below invoice, while on a loaded F-350 you might hit $3000 below invoice.

Add to that all current incentives and it makes for a pretty attractive price.

I don't mind telling. Hell, everyone in the country could buy at true employee price a little while back anyways.

A-Plan (Employee) will vary a little depending on model, but it's basically invoice minus holdback and advertising assesments. So on a bare-bones Focus, you're looking at maybe $800 below invoice, while on a loaded F-350 you might hit $3000 below invoice.

Add to that all current incentives and it makes for a pretty attractive price.

Buddy, Pal, have I told you lately how great I think your golf game is. :wink:

Buddy, Pal, have I told you lately how great I think your golf game is. :wink:

LOL! I can only give out an A-Plan to a parent/sibling/grandparent unfortunately, sorry Bogey. :sad:

LOL! I can only give out an A-Plan to a parent/sibling/grandparent unfortunately, sorry Bogey. :sad:

Didn't I tell you that we were brothers? :laugh: I understand. I worked for Saturn once upon a time and our discount wasn't nearly as good.

I've always kind of wanted one of these twin-turbo supras. Add an intercooler and bigger turbos and turn up the boost and HANG ON!

0202_sccp_02_z1994_toyota_supra_twi.jpg

I've always kind of wanted one of these twin-turbo supras. Add an intercooler and bigger turbos and turn up the boost and HANG ON!

0202_sccp_02_z1994_toyota_supra_twi.jpg

i always wanted one of those too. Hulk Hogans son had one that pushed out over 1000hp... (why he gave a car like that to a teenager i will never understand)

The Mark IV Supra is still very high on my most wanted list. Their tuning potential is just staggering. And they are becoming more difficult to find. I regularly see nice low mileage examples pushing $30,000+

Toyota needs to bring back the Supra. id like a MINT, low-mileage black Supra Twin Turbo (all original - no mods) with peanut butter guts.

i always wanted one of those too. Hulk Hogans son had one that pushed out over 1000hp... (why he gave a car like that to a teenager i will never understand)

Here's an eye-popping dyno for a Mk IV - 1644+ Horsepower!! :beauty:

AmitDyno.jpg

GEEEZ!!!

Back