The Golf Channel Amateur Tour

TinCupTampa

Bag Changes Coming!
Reaction score
Anybody ever played any of these events? It seems pretty well structured for amateurs from what I can tell.

This will send Julie screaming from the room, but Jeff over at the Frat Party just played in it, down in Florida. Did pretty well. It's supposed to be broadcast, but I don't know when.

they have them up here in New England... I decided against it this year but next season will be spent entirely of playing in tournaments... from what I have seen its pretty competitive depending on what flight you find yourself in

only downfall, it'll set you back some cash

This will send Julie screaming from the room, but Jeff over at the Frat Party just played in it, down in Florida. Did pretty well. It's supposed to be broadcast, but I don't know when.

No, no, I am ok with this. Very zen. :bashful: He was a kind guy and deserves all the best. (And I snooped and saw the pics anyway. Very nice!)

No, no, I am ok with this. Very zen. :bashful: He was a kind guy and deserves all the best. (And I snooped and saw the pics anyway. Very nice!)

The whole Tiger Woods thing going on with the outfit. I'll let you know if/when he tells us it's being broadcast.

I was thinking about jumping in and playing. I've never played in a tourney before but not looking forward to breaking off 2 bills to get in.

The GC AT is a decent tour for individuals that want to experience a tournament atmosphere. Personally, I have a little beef with the administration of the tour. I was promised a Director's position over the Alabama and Florida tour and got screwed out of it because during the changing of the tour's sponsorship, the VP left. The GC AT was originally the Michelob Ultra Tour.

UR,
From what they told me a few weeks back, that was not the reason director positions changed. They changed because they found out they had to go through HR to fill these needs and HR was using an outside source.

UR,
From what they told me a few weeks back, that was not the reason director positions changed. They changed because they found out they had to go through HR to fill these needs and HR was using an outside source.

I spoke to the VP of the Michelob Ultra Tour about 6 months prior to the transfer. We spoke numerous times and had arranged for me to step into a position. I contacted him back after the sponsorship change and was told he left the company. Another VP spoke with me and stated the position was already filled. About a week later the new Director contacted me and asked if I would assist him in organizing the tour in the area for him, since he would be busy doing other things. In another words, do his work and allow him to get the credit. I politely declined the opportunity.

Glad someone posted this thread. I kept wanting to ask what people thought of it, but I was too lazy to first look it up on TGC's lousy website so that I could speak intelligently about it!

I spoke to the VP of the Michelob Ultra Tour about 6 months prior to the transfer. We spoke numerous times and had arranged for me to step into a position. I contacted him back after the sponsorship change and was told he left the company. Another VP spoke with me and stated the position was already filled. About a week later the new Director contacted me and asked if I would assist him in organizing the tour in the area for him, since he would be busy doing other things. In another words, do his work and allow him to get the credit. I politely declined the opportunity.

We have heard very different things. I will speak to the HR director as well as the President tomorrow.

We have heard very different things. I will speak to the HR director as well as the President tomorrow.

Cool. Thanks, I would like to know if what you stated is true because I was never told that. The individual that stepped into the Director's spot for Alabama was Robert Day. I will try and find the VP's name from the Michelob Ultra Tour that promised me the position.

Golf Galaxy also has an amateur tour too, I don't think its as well structured and organized as TGC but they do have one. I think it is open to anyone who can shoot below 100.

so how do thse work? do you get strokes for your hcp?

I gave it a shot last year and played a couple of tournaments but did not do too well. It sets you back a few bucks for each tournament. I am now helping run the Atlanta egolf tournament with a friend of mine and it is great. Only 85 bucks to join and about the same for each tournament. We are in 27 cities around the country now and it is really taking off. You are flighted by h/c and you get to meet some really great people. Shoot me a PM and I can give you more info if interesed.

Back