Cavity back or forged clubs? I20 or Anser Pings?

ga4933

Reaction score
Handicap
I am playing Callaway Bertha Irons 2006 graphite. I went to a demo day and hit the Ping Anser and I20 irons. Loved them both, hit them (7 iron) 20-30 yards longer than my current clubs and was hitting steel. Ball flight was great and straight. Especially loved the forged Anser but hate the cost. I really don't like the feel of the large Callaway head any longer. Anybody have something to share on the differences? Thanks.

If you search around a bit you'll find some useful information. Look at the i20 review thread for example!

Besides that, i think you should book a fitting to see what's best for your game before you buy anything. Good luck!

Nothing on the two, but I can say this...

One whale of a review thread here on the i20's: CLICK HERE

The i20's have legitimately changed my game, more of a players look but truly packed with forgiveness. The irons blow minds, they truly do, just read through the review thread and you shall see.

Welcome to THP!

i20 and it's not even close. There is no way that the Ansers(basically the i15's just forged) are worth the extra cost over IMO the best Ping iron they have ever made. The i20 is fantastic and feels as good as the Anser. IMO. By the way you might want to try the new Callaway line. It's fantastic from top to bottom including the RazrX-forged which is an incredible feeling cavity back

Thanks for the responses. As a new member this is great. I did get the custom fitting and hit balls for about an hour. Revealing on the fitting I never had clubs fit to me before. I have been playing much better and wanted to work the ball more, or have the ability to do it. I have been hitting graphite shafts but demo was on steel. Not sure if I should go back to steel. Iron swing speed is in low to mid 80s. Hit the 7 iron 170 on average. I guess either way the credit card is coming out.

Thanks for the responses. As a new member this is great. I did get the custom fitting and hit balls for about an hour. Revealing on the fitting I never had clubs fit to me before. I have been playing much better and wanted to work the ball more, or have the ability to do it. I have been hitting graphite shafts but demo was on steel. Not sure if I should go back to steel. Iron swing speed is in low to mid 80s. Hit the 7 iron 170 on average. I guess either way the credit card is coming out.

Credit card coming out is the fun part! Good luck man. Todays graphite is a lot better than the graphite from even a few years ago. I would stick with what the fitting told you to do. Otherwise you will always be thinking

If I was you, I'd pull the trigger quick. Low to mid 80s and hitting a 7 iron 170 means those clubs must have been giving you some pretty good numbers. I wouldn't hesitate.

Back