Tiger Woods 13 - PS3, Hackers Paradise CC

I got off to a fast start then made a lot of pars. Solid showing but need to bump my guy up a bit to compete.

Newbie question - "bumping your guy up" is just done by playing and getting more XP, etc correct?

I only played a little bit this past weekend and still only hit driver like 250 but chipping/putting is where I would lose a ton of strokes (putting was improving, chipping not so much). Will get in there today and play one of the tourney rounds (and proceed to get my a$$ handed to me for DFL).

Newbie question - "bumping your guy up" is just done by playing and getting more XP, etc correct?

I only played a little bit this past weekend and still only hit driver like 250 but chipping/putting is where I would lose a ton of strokes (putting was improving, chipping not so much). Will get in there today and play one of the tourney rounds (and proceed to get my a$$ handed to me for DFL).

That is correct, also upgrading your equipment helps out quite a bit.

Did you get the Collectors/Masters edition? If so, you have access to the Masters edition clubs, which are quite nice when starting out.

Play a few rounds on the career mode, you will get some XP that will be helpful to boost your golfer. Putting and Accuracy is where I started, then worked the other areas up.

Did you get the Collectors/Masters edition? If so, you have access to the Masters edition clubs, which are quite nice when starting out.

Play a few rounds on the career mode, you will get some XP that will be helpful to boost your golfer. Putting and Accuracy is where I started, then worked the other areas up.

No, I got the regular edition. Bought the PS3 new, but they had a copy of the game used for $43 so I opted for that and saved $20 or so.

No, I got the regular edition. Bought the PS3 new, but they had a copy of the game used for $43 so I opted for that and saved $20 or so.
I dont blame you, if I didnt get the deal from Amazon, I would have done the same.

This is probably the only game I buy when it comes out, the rest I will wait on a good deal.

For you gaming newbies, Amazon often runs a promotion on games right before they come out where you get a promotion code for $10 a couple days after the game ships. I hate shelling out the $60 for a new game, but at least that is almost like getting $10 back.

You guys up for another daily tournament for tomorrow?

Target had a special, buy 2 games get one free so I picked up TW collectors Ed, SSX and Arkham City for $130, which was basically the same price as ordering from Amazon.

I just looked and they have collectors Ed for $55 right now.

I am down for another tourney. I'm looking to be the journeyman of this group and finishing in the middle of the pack, lol

With or without the green grid?

With or without the green grid?
Without! I like it with it on, but love the challenge without it.

ALSO, for the weekly Tournament, I am going to do The Masters, and I am going to make it pretty hard. After all, it is a Major, and we need it to be slightly realistic.

capt.dru: I have only played with it on (by default) but am fine with either. I will have my a$$ handed to me with or without the grid. ha

capt.dru: I have only played with it on (by default) but am fine with either. I will have my a$$ handed to me with or without the grid. ha

For me I found it a bit easier, do a ground view, line up and then do a putt preview. This should help you determine the break.

I am ready for a new tournament. I am playing Torrey Pines in my Road To The PGA Tour career, and between the 20MPH wins and narrow fairways, needless to say, I am struggling. I need a change of pace for a day.

For me I found it a bit easier, do a ground view, line up and then do a putt preview. This should help you determine the break.
I try to do that, but the words about lie, etc are always in the way to view straight at the hole.

Doesn't matter to me, we're all playing with the same settings so it's fair either way.
-Bad2DaBoneBry

I just tried to play in the Club Pro Invitational but it says I am not allowed because I do not have Club Pro status.

New Daily Tournament For 4/4/12 starts @ 6:00am

TPC Scottsdale
18 holes, 1 try, 1 submission

Same difficulty as last tournament with breezy conditions.

Remember use your created player only!

I just tried to play in the Club Pro Invitational but it says I am not allowed because I do not have Club Pro status.
Skimmer.

I asked that question yesterday as well. When we get more members, we will have a "Club Pro", which is basically the best player at the time in our CC. That tournament is against Club Pros from other CC's and they play head to head weekly tourneys.

Skimmer.

I asked that question yesterday as well. When we get more members, we will have a "Club Pro", which is basically the best player at the time in our CC. That tournament is against Club Pros from other CC's and they play head to head weekly tourneys.

I saw that but thought it was something else. So, right now, we have no open tourneys, right?

I have become quite good at skimming lately though!

I saw that but thought it was something else. So, right now, we have no open tourneys, right?

I have become quite good at skimming lately though!

Correct. Daily Tourneys will be Monday/Wednesday, then a weekly running Thursday-Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Daily Tournament For 4/4/12 starts @ 6:00am

TPC Scottsdale
18 holes, 1 try, 1 submission

Same difficulty as last tournament with breezy conditions.

Remember use your created player only!

Cookie, here is the info for tomorrows daily tournament.

Cookie, here is the info for tomorrows daily tournament.

Saw that one, thanks. Just got confused when I saw that Club Pro invitational on the options. Will be playing tomorrow.

Yeah I got confused as well. Good luck tomorrow. Don't know if I will get to play tomorrow since I'm going out of town till Monday. I won't get to play the weekly for shure. You guys don't have too much fun without me.

Back