Tipped stock vs aftermarket

Islander

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking for your guys' opinion. Spring has finally sprung in Eastern Canada and one of my courses finally opens on Fri, so I am getting my bag set up for this season. Little background, swung once in a simulator this winter and was between 112 to 114 MPH cold off the street. I am a high launch and apparently high spin (according to the sim) player. I normally play X's in my woods.

My question is, for my new 3 wood, would I be better off tipping the stock stiff "made for" 'ahina that is in it, put in an aftermarket X flex NV fairway shaft that I have in my backup wood, pony up the cash and get something else or leave it be.

I think you'd be best off to get a good shaft fitting. That way you can find the shaft that will help you get the most out of your swing.

THPing on Tapatalk

tipping a stiff wont make it an x. It will stiffen it some but not that much. A fitting would be the way to go if your looking to get the most out of that club.

Tipping it might be the way to go but you would need a good fitter with a frequency machine to do it. You may have to take 1/2 inch or 3" off the tip, you won't know until it is on the frequency machine.

your swing speed is high, but is the ball consistently going where you want it. If your dispersion is off you could need a new shaft or just slow down your swing to get in line. An open mined fitting might be best.

Back