Whoa, that's crazy, and the school that I'm going into has one!

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S
I recently decided to take over my Club team as President and I would say that it's awesome man. Pretty casual, but everyone loves to play. There are some GOOD teams made up of players who didn't like College Golf. But, alot of players just love playing. It's a great place to meet people and gain friends. DEFINITELY join.

Life's been busy lately since being named the head golf coach at a local junior college. No scholarships and this is our first year not being a club sport. The assistant athletic director did a great job of recruiting and now it's my job to come in and build the program. We've got some crazy talented golfers coming in and all the guys moved in this week. 3 international kids will probably be our top 3 guys and I can't wait to show you guys our golf facility. Pics coming soon.

Practice (and 6:30AM workouts) start next week.

Life's been busy lately since being named the head golf coach at a local junior college. No scholarships and this is our first year not being a club sport. The assistant athletic director did a great job of recruiting and now it's my job to come in and build the program. We've got some crazy talented golfers coming in and all the guys moved in this week. 3 international kids will probably be our top 3 guys and I can't wait to show you guys our golf facility. Pics coming soon.

Things have changed since I played college golf. We NEVER had workouts, we just went out and played after lunch or as soon as we got out of classes in the afternoon, until supper. Out "Coach" was just the guy who ran the golf club. As a team we hardly ever finished higher than 3rd place. That was a LOT of fun, and it made college a blast, but sometimes I wish we would have been a bit more regimented with our program.

Good luck this year Miller, look forward to following your team and progress!

Got a cousin playing college golf at UAB. Never went and watched but I heard he is good

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Even if I had been playing golf earlier in life, I doubt I would have been able to sniff the golf team at Ok State. They won the national title in 91 while I was there.

Can't wait to see how it all rolls out.

Someone needs a tour.

College golf is no push over. At every level those boys can play. I played three years and it was very competitive. Even more so today. You need to be in the mid to low 70s to even count as a #5 guy on the team

This exactly. I played a bit of DI and DIII back in the 80's and everyone was a 1.0 to +4.0 index. I'm sure it's more competitive now. My neighbor was redshirted last year at University of California Davis and he has been a solid +2 to +3.5 for the past couple years and won a few big tournaments as a junior, including one at a PGA Tour stop.

Back